**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Why is Reaves race always brought up?
Hard being a white straight male these days.

Anyways, Frank was playing drop coverage with small ball and giving lavert 3-4 feet of space to work for free. That in itself is being not “self aware”

Went to the game last night :smh:

Melo looking thicc
IMG_9556.jpg

So lemme get this straight, Franky V benched Russ the last 4 minutes of the game because Caris blew past him at the 7:13 minute mark of the 4th quarter. But they took a timeout at the 6:53 mark where he could have subbed him out if that was really the impetus? Why put him back in at that point if you're trying to win the game as you do so say? Meanwhile Melo is getting hunted every time down but no adjustment made on that end. Or Dwight being in when we can't grab a rebound. Or inexplicably not having lineups out there that have shown to be effective.

I'm not going to defend Russ for his play last night, he's been ice cold since the turn of the new year shooting. But it seems convenient again for everything to be thrown at his plate as the scapegoat. A tenuous at best situation is about to get nuclear toxic in short order.

Phil once had Jerry west leave his practice session. He loved having the “club” to be separate from the front office. Created a bond among the players. The balls to kick out Jerry west

Now we have a wussy like Frank getting punked by a nobody like Rambis and there’s nothing he can do

We really gonna keep calling Westbrook a scapegoat tho? That trade was a failure anyway you look at it. He’s been bad. Really bad. He’s a big part of the problem.

He's not played up to expectations. That's clear. He's also been blamed I believe out of proportion for the issues and problems that's been plaguing this team.

Hate to break it to the Westbrook sexuals, sounds like the team (management and coaches) have been wrestling with the idea of benching Russ down the stretches of games.

I don’t expect him to be here next season. Can’t say that contract isn’t moveable. Been moved 3 times now.

Bench him then, better yet just sit him out the games entirely (ala John Wall) We should be able to take off.

He's not played up to expectations. That's clear. He's also been blamed I believe out of proportion for the issues and problems that's been plaguing this team.

From his sub-par play to the loss of depth/athleticism, it begins and ends with Westbrook.
he is putting up russell westbrook-esque #'s across the board
the team isnt playing up to expectaions
the team defense has been sup-bar,
but this is the roster they wanted, and it started with trading for rust

I love Linda Rambis.

Anyhow, Russ is a disaster and I’m happy the FO sees it. Gives me hope about the franchise

From his sub-par play to the loss of depth/athleticism, it begins and ends with Westbrook.

Well, some, yes.

Anthony Davis also deserves quite a bit of blame, because he hasn't played great either. At all.

They had a roster full of stuff in 2019, youth + vet mix, Vogel came in and taught some defense to the young guys, everyone bought in, and we won it all with some health/rest luck.

Since then, we've made multiple moves, and now, here we sit with one young asset, THT, an out of nowhere new young guy, Reaves, and injured AD, and a ton of 30+ year olds.

So naturally, fire the coach. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate it, but they don't have much of a choice, they have to give up THT and whatever/whoever else to get something back to make this one last run with Bron before he truly does start to slow down. Swapping out the coach isn't going to fix the roster, and if AD/Russ don't play at their absolute best, it won't matter anyways.

I will say this one last time, even when we were at our worst last year, AD AND LeBron BOTH hurt, our team was still a pain in the *** defensively. That's the same God damn coach y'all want fired. I feel like they went after Russ because they figured one extra star could help when 1-2 of the others got hurt. Sure enough, both Bron and AD have been hurt, but Russ hasn't been OKC Russ. Nunn hasn't played one second. Ariza started out ok after his injury and now can't hit water from a boat, and everyone else has had big games one night, and trash the next.

Malik Monk has been our best player after the 3 stars, a guy on a vet min that no one else wanted, he has been our #4 option. If you guys can't see that, I can't help you.

I miss Alex Caruso.

Well, some, yes.

Anthony Davis also deserves quite a bit of blame, because he hasn't played great either. At all.

They had a roster full of stuff in 2019, youth + vet mix, Vogel came in and taught some defense to the young guys, everyone bought in, and we won it all with some health/rest luck.

Since then, we've made multiple moves, and now, here we sit with one young asset, THT, an out of nowhere new young guy, Reaves, and injured AD, and a ton of 30+ year olds.

So naturally, fire the coach. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate it, but they don't have much of a choice, they have to give up THT and whatever/whoever else to get something back to make this one last run with Bron before he truly does start to slow down. Swapping out the coach isn't going to fix the roster, and if AD/Russ don't play at their absolute best, it won't matter anyways.

I will say this one last time, even when we were at our worst last year, AD AND LeBron BOTH hurt, our team was still a pain in the *** defensively. That's the same God damn coach y'all want fired. I feel like they went after Russ because they figured one extra star could help when 1-2 of the others got hurt. Sure enough, both Bron and AD have been hurt, but Russ hasn't been OKC Russ. Nunn hasn't played one second. Ariza started out ok after his injury and now can't hit water from a boat, and everyone else has had big games one night, and trash the next.

Malik Monk has been our best player after the 3 stars, a guy on a vet min that no one else wanted, he has been our #4 option. If you guys can't see that, I can't help you.

I miss Alex Caruso.
Our best players:

1) lebron
2) ad
3) monk
4) reaves
5) stanley

That’s ducking sad

Back
Top Bottom