**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Celtics will give dude keys to the city

He's the great white hope they been looking for since Larry bird

He's not leaving Utah

Boston and Indiana are the only 2 places I can see him going, because of Brad Stevens and Indiana being where he's from. He really has no reason to leave Utah but I have a friend that knew some people in his camp a few years ago and he said Gordon is not the type of dude to want to stay in a place like that so we'll see.

Hayward and swaggy have the same agent..:nerd:
Hayward reached out to Kobe and spent a week working out with him. Refers to it as his 'best week ever'..

Realistically he's probably the best and most feasible option in free agency for the near future. Russ isn't gonna leave, Indy is gonna have another year to upgrade the team and who knows what happens. I believe we can offer as much doe as Utah so long as he doesn't make an all NBA team.

If we get a meeting with Gordon and he walks out unsigned it will be a disappointment

Last edited:
If Utah is a first round exit and Gordon doesn't make all NBA, why wouldn't he come here? The only reason we couldn't get top free agents before is because Mitch and Jim sucked at their job. There's really no excuse now

If Utah is a first round exit and Gordon doesn't make all NBA, why wouldn't he come here? The only reason we couldn't get top free agents before is because Mitch and Jim sucked at their job. There's really no excuse now
His former coach is in Boston. That team is ready made to compete now. He has no ties to LA. Stop being obtuse. 

Last edited:
Horford's old coach is in OKC ready to compete and he chose a different team he had zero ties to. This is a new regime that was established to do what the old one couldn't. If anyone expected free agents to be interested the past two years they should expect it now

Last edited:
They'll get a meeting which is more than happened last year, as will Boston. It's not really close. And I'm sure there won't be any do overs needed because they weren't prepared like before either.

PG13 has said it's Indy or LA for him.

Word was Horford was going to sign with OKC but that was contingent on KD staying, which obviously didn't happen. 

Last edited:
As long as there's no negative press or leaks surrounding a potential meeting. And actually having a meeting in the first place with Hayward and other free agents, that's a great step in the right direction. 

Did they get any meetings with the top FA last year? It's gotten progressively worse each season.

2014-Getting meetings with Melo

2015-Meeting with LMA unmitigated disaster

2016-No meetings with any of the top FA. 

If they get a meeting with PG13 and can't close that deal, then you can rail on your agenda, a guy who by all intensive purposes wants to be here. 

Last edited:
What if magic doesn't get meetings with Steph or Blake or ibaka? Why PG and not Hayward? Both on playoff teams but George would be giving up more money to come here if I'm not mistaken. I actually wouldn't fault the front office if they strike out on cousins, George, Russ in fa because those guys have more to lose. Gordon is a different story

Last edited:
Why PG and not Hayward? Both on playoff teams but George would be giving up more money to come here if I'm not mistaken. I actually wouldn't fault the front office if they strike out on cousins, George, Russ in fa because those guys have more to lose. Gordon is a different story
Hayward would lose money if he comes here or goes to Boston as well, what are you talking about? Especially if he makes an All NBA team, which he has a better chance of doing than PG this season. 

Last edited:
I already specified if he doesn't make all NBA. So both players would be giving up money. Hayward should be as much of a target as pg and if he's not then that's really a problem. They better not drop the ball on this one

I already specified if he doesn't make all NBA. So both players would be giving up money. Hayward should be as much of a target as pg and if he's not then that's really a problem. They better not drop the ball on this one
One player wants to be here, the other has not indicated he does. Are you just being silly?

What difference does that make? Now the fo is only expected to sign players who try to force their way here and do the front office's job for them? Doesn't work that way

What difference does that make? Now the fo is only expected to sign players who try to force their way here and do the front office's job for them? Doesn't work that way
How is he forcing his way here? He would be coming as a free agent. 

Back
Top Bottom