**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Nah man. At the time, it's still Javale > Zu

Zubac needed to leave the Lakers to get where he is now.

I have zero regrets trading Zubac, he wasn't experienced enough in 2019 to make any kind of impact in the playoffs
Here’s an idea. Hear me out.

You ready?

You could have ZU AND MCGEE.

Mind blown yet?

SCrNnI.gif

Even with Zubac averaging a double-double and playing much better now, I bet Clippers still don't win a title.
That’s good logic. Not sure why I didn’t think of that.

You know who else is playing well? Myles turner. But packers ain’t winning a title so it doesn’t matter. Don’t want him either.

That’s good logic. Not sure why I didn’t think of that.

You know who else is playing well? Myles turner. But packers ain’t winning a title so it doesn’t matter. Don’t want him either.
What other bigs the Clippers got besides Zubac? Covington? Lol Rob C ain't even a big. Batum? Lol

U think thr Clips got a Draymond Green type or Playoff rebounding machine Looney or a Tatum Stopper 6'10" Bjelica type who will step up when thr games get tough in the postseason where every possession matters?

As great and deep as the Clips guards amd wings are, if their only big is Zubac, they ain't winning a title.

Adding Turner to AD, Bron, Bryant, Jones, and Gabriel is an entirely different scenario and allows the Lakers to level up. And for the record, Zubac don't block shots and hit threes like Myles.

Hence the logic. Get me Turner and we good.

Last edited:
What other bigs the Clippers got besides Zubac? Covington? Lol Rob C ain't even a big. Batum? Lol

U think thr Clips got a Draymond Green type or Playoff rebounding machine Looney or a Tatum Stopper 6'10" Bjelica type who will step up when thr games get tough in the postseason where every possession matters?

As great and deep as the Clips guards amd wings are, if their only big is Zubac, they ain't winning a title.

Adding Turner to AD, Bron, Bryant, Jones, and Gabriel is an entirely different scenario and allows the Lakers to level up.

Hence the logic. Get me Turner and we good.
Cool

Don't get me wrong, Zu has come a long way and while I used to clown him thr last couple years, I ain't doing it no more. He has evolved and is playing like a Real Big this season.

But for the record, Zu don't hit 3s and block shots like Turner.

AD + Turner makes this old man salivate. It'll be like 2020 again

If money was no object, the lakers should offer Nunn and bev a 1 year 8.7 mill dollar and 12 mill dollar contract for next year only to keep the salary slots for a trade. (Trading expiring for long term contract). but they won’t. Not only bc they’d rather just sign vet min players to save money but bc they probably dont understand that concept

Ideally we woulda had a vet min guy 3 years and give him 3 year fully non guarenteed 3/30 contract only to be used as trade bait.

It's official, the Lakers are the dumbest, worst run organization in the NBA. As opposed to actually trying to build a team we're relying on stars of other teams demanding trades.

Soooo…how do they expect to do that?

2023 pick (draft night deal) 2027 2029 unprotected. 2028 swap.

Don’t think a contract is available to trade to match on draft night or even in summer.

Ain’t no way Jeanie buss (much less Rob Pelinka) are here in 2027.

Just trade the ******* picks already. We don’t have our pick this year this is ******* painful to watch.

Anybody with a brain and eyes knew this **** wasn’t going to work but the Lakers were like “let’s wait 20 games”.

it’s so infuriating.

Ain’t no way Jeanie buss (much less Rob Pelinka) are here in 2027.

Just trade the ****ing picks already. We don’t have our pick this year this is ****ing painful to watch.

Anybody with a brain and eyes knew this **** wasn’t going to work but the Lakers were like “let’s wait 20 games”.

it’s so infuriating.

So...

Trade the picks. Still don't win a championship. Bron and AD are long gone 2027 and 2029 and have no picks to rebuild with...

Makes total sense.

Back
Top Bottom