**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol at the notion that DLo is the main reason the Lakers got swept against Denver. "Untrained eyes." :lol:

The fact that MPJ averaged 9.6 rebounds against the Lakers is lost in everyone with an "Untrained eye" as Spoelstra told Ramona Shelburne yesterday LOL. So true though lol

Wanna know why MPJ averaged damn near 10 boards against LAL?

Cause LAL played one rebounder the whole series - AD, who had zero help in the paint. Period.

Unlike MIA, who had KLove out there starting last night and LED THE HEAT IN REBOUNDING with 10 boards IN 22 VALUABLE MINUTES BRO lol and at the same time limiting MPJ to 6 while allowing BAM to focus on slowing down Joker, a luxury AD never had cause he had zero Big Man help.

And oh btw, MPJ led the Nuggets in rebounding in Game 1 of the Finals. So you wonder why the GREAT SPOELSTRA decided to play his old, washed, battle tested Big Kevin Love much to the chagrin of Modern NBA fans lmao.

Lakers losing the series to Den had little to do with DLo stinking up the series and more to do with AD lacking another big to help him neutralize AG and MPJ's damage in thr paint.

Hmm, no wonder Tristan Thompson played IMPACT BASKETBALL when he finally received extended minutes in game 4.

Rocket science folks.

That's why Spo went BIG in game 2, brought the battle tested KLove back in the fold, and BOOM! MIAMI WINS.

:rofl:

As long as AD has a bunch of non-rebounders and non-bonafide bigs starting next to him and as long as AD is starting at the 5 with no big man help, he ain't ever winning another championship. And I got a rack sitting right here waiting for any "Modern NBA" fan to challenge me on this claim.

Last edited:
Vando/Bron/AD and Rui/Bron/AD matches up size wise. Bam is smaller than AD and is getting cooked just the same. Size is not the issue. Hell LAL has better personnel than MIA, on paper.

They couldn't match DEN's output. Most of that can be attributed to their $30 million starting pg who **** the bed.

Doubling off 40% shooters to help on Jokic, the best passing big man in the game, didn't help either.

Don't even understand how this would work, even in Kyrie's mind. Dallas can't trade their picks far into the future and they have no real assets outside of Kyrie and Luka. Kyrie just out here talking just for the sake of talking.

If you're LeBron, I just don't understand why you'd want to go to Dallas. His son is playing at USC, literally down the street from the Staples Center and the Lakers are a better team. He would literally be leaving a team that made the conference Finals for a bottom 10 team in the league.

Also, I would imagine LeBron is smart enough to understand the CBA and he knows that we would have to give up all of the players that helped us make the conference Finals in order to get Kyrie, It's not like we can do a simple 1-for-1 swap of D'lo for Kyrie (and it's not like Dallas would make that trade anyway).

LeBron really wants to go back to a Big 3 of LeBron, AD and Kyrie (with literally no depth) or LeBron Kyrie and Luka (with no depth) then LeBron isn't nearly as smart as I think he is.

Back
Top Bottom