**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't think I would give AD the extension in August. I'd see how the season goes and evaluate during the All Star Weekend. They have until June 30, 2024.

But I'm sure AD will want to lock down an extension asap.

Reactions: MVP

"I actually think there are corners of the organization that would still like D'Angelo Russell back just because they have a void at that position," said Zach Lowe on his podcast. "They need a point guard."

I’m on team do whatever works. They get paid millions to make these decisions.

I don't think I would give AD the extension in August. I'd see how the season goes and evaluate during the All Star Weekend. They have until June 30, 2024.

But I'm sure AD will want to lock down an extension asap.
I hear you.

But I keep coming to the conclusion that AD is going to want to security now and it’s never a good thing to have something like this looming over a season where you hope to be contending for a championship.

I hear you.

But I keep coming to the conclusion that AD is going to want to security now and it’s never a good thing to have something like this looming over a season where you hope to be contending for a championship.

Coming from the self proclaimed Mr. I have nothing else to prove, keep him engaged. If you give him the bag now a motor that already runs hot and cold combined with the health, nah, may be even less motivation for him.

Healthy AD was shutting down teams defensively. Jokic doesn’t count lol.

You got me mistaken brother.
I’m the number 1 defender of AD around these parts.

He still got his food took by Jokic. We can add nuance if we want but that’s what happpened.

He’s going to come back better, stronger and hungrier!!!

Ad got punked by Jokic he’ll have something to prove going into next year.

Give him the extension.
I meant he has nothing to prove as far giving him an extension. It would be great if AD could show that he can stay healthier over the course of a regular season but at this stage in his career he is who he is.

I meant he has nothing to prove as far giving him an extension. It would be great if AD could show that he can stay healthier over the course of a regular season but at this stage in his career he is who he is.

Yeah i agree with that. I meant something to prove in the sense that he failed because another big man outplayed him. I want to see how he responds to that.

Last edited:
Coming from the self proclaimed Mr. I have nothing else to prove, keep him engaged. If you give him the bag now a motor that already runs hot and cold combined with the health, nah, may be even less motivation for him.
And if you don’t extend him if he wants don’t expect that motor to run hot for at all either…or for him to play through any type of nagging injury/pain, etc 😂 Good luck trying to contend with your best player worried about his next contract.

You do see how this works right?

You got me mistaken brother.
I’m the number 1 defender of AD around these parts.

He still got his food took by Jokic. We can add nuance if we want but that’s what happpened.

He’s going to come back better, stronger and hungrier!!!
I agree. I just don't think any of the top 5 big men can defend each other straight up. Jokic is pretty much unguardable at the moment. That doesn't take away from ADs value though. I think he's irreplaceable. Unless they go for Porzingis LOL.

Lakers need another big just for spot minutes. They proved that in the bubble.

It’s crazy that people who make money doing this for a living can be so simple minded

Listened to the beginning of a podcast by the athletic folks and the guy literally said “well lebron is putting pressure on the team to make big changes. Clearly the team now doesn’t have what it takes to win it all. We just saw it”

Sure. They didn’t win it all. But it’s not so black and white. I expect that from a casual fan but an nba podcaster paid by a big company?

The team had zero training camp. Played playoff ball since February. Have smaller moves to make with draft picks and medium sized contracts. Will they win it all again? Unlikely. You know why? Bc it’s so damn hard to win it all. Odds are always against you.

The nuggets rolled out the same team that didn’t make it past 2nd round two years in a row. Their big moves were Bruce brown and KCP oh and great health and superstar being superstar.

Big changes? Idiots.

Not sure AD got punked by Jokic

Jokic is a big beefy dude, a legit center

AD is a finesse player who played out of his mind until he ran into a legit big.

I think AD is a 4 playing out of position and that gets exposed when he goes up against the big bodies.

Probably right on AD.

The only problem is unless he’s shooting 33-34% from 3, they can’t afford to have him run heavy minutes at the 4 because LeBron was horrific from 3.
So much so, that LeBron thinking he’s Bogdan Bogdanovic late in games. Is another reason they don’t take 1 of 2 in Denver and 1 of 2 in LA.

I say just run it back, add a big to help AD, then see what happens at the trade deadline.
It’s a long season. Hopefully AD can stay healthy.

Lebron to Portland

Grant on a sign and trade
Sharpe
Scoot

To lakers

Do it Rob

Not sure AD got punked by Jokic

Jokic is a big beefy dude, a legit center

AD is a finesse player who played out of his mind until he ran into a legit big.

I think AD is a 4 playing out of position and that gets exposed when he goes up against the big bodies.
Just curious… So what position do you call Bam Adebayo?

Lakers could have used a guy like Cody Zeller, to play Jokic straight up and get abused lol.
We don't know if thats going to work though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom