**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being “Linda Rambis is nice” how surprised would you be if the lakers called wizards and said give us cp3 for Beasley/Bamba and 17th pick.

Lol

Shouldn’t be worried about Suns or Clippers. If CP3 ends up with the Clippers

Injury prone Clippers get worse where Russ actually was a better fit for them because of availability. (Clips probably have no recourse to keep Russ).

And Suns which unless they move Ayton for high level rotational players will get played off the court whenever players from the second unit come in. (Roster is Cam Payne/Beal/Book/KD/Ayton and there is literally not another guy on the roster)

If CP3 goes to LA as the backup PG behind DLo, it does create an ability to run a ton of lineups and try to be the most talented team 1-10. And if CP3s influence is to play 18-22 minutes, and be crafty in trying to create shots for Rui/Vando. And whoever the other bench guys are, it can work. Lakers can hedge your bets by trying to take an upper classman PG in the 2nd round. Decent floor, low ceiling guys. Who can come in be a solid 10th, 11th guy. And that’s where they stay and make a 5-10 year career off of it.

If the move is to pivot off of DLo to CP3. Woof.

Last edited:
So let DLo barf another so they're even, THEN make a decision? 👀 Because at the very least, Kuz contributed to a championship.

There is no perfect, but I'm struggling to see time net positive for DLo anymore. (Note: 'We have to' isn't a positive; it's just acceptance.)

Net positive is when DLo’s rolling. The team is unbeatable.
Keeping him there requires adjustments as the playoffs roll on because of his limitations and the defensive schemes become different.

The Negative is big physical teams will cause issues. And unfortunately do for the entire starting 5 as theoretically constructed. Luckily for the Lakers, there’s only 1 team in the West that fits that bill. And unfortunately it’s the team who crushed them in the WCF. (Timberwolves May end up fitting that bill. But I’m just waiting for the KAT trade to happen. And watch how the offense functions with a bigger role for Gobert and McDaniels on offense being their downfall).

Grizz and Warriors series were indicative of how it is supposed to look.
If they could find a big physical SF that can defend multiple positions and not shrink the court, it changes the dynamic of the team immensely.

On the offensive side, DLo’s fit with everybody is pretty important. It’s the defensive side that is the issue. For a multitude of reasons. If you can find the guy who fills the Vando role more efficiently and have Vando get his minutes in the role he was initially brought in as. Bench spark plug who is meant to be all over the court and Bron steps off the gas a little on offense and used that energy to the defender on the secondary playmaker, it’s a move significantly in the right direction.

To find that guy at the 3 though, is another story.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MVP
Father's Day tee from the kid. 💖🔥

I'm probably keeping it forever. 😂 It's the first Father's Day gift he's ever bought me. Said he got it on a band trip a couple months ago (he plays percussion).

20230618_224508.jpg

Normally I don’t have a lot of positive things to say bout the Clippers players and organization…but the Podcast P show is pretty good if you’re into player podcasts.

Actually kinda like the guy now lol

Jovan thinks the Lakers trade the 17th pick per the Lakeshow podcast (Spectrum hosts).
Lol Jovan is an idiot. He’s like 0-55

He also said lakers shoulda traded Russ and 2027 for wall two years ago

Also, this is funny.

es.PNG

ath.PNG

There has been a Gonzaga to Lakers pipeline over the years (Turiaf, Morrison, Sacre, Elias Harris, Johnathan Williams, Zach Norvell, Joel Ayayi, Rui). Lakers liked Nembhard in last year's draft too.

Back
Top Bottom