**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We ain't good enough to run it back period. Besides Denver, Bucks and Boston still are better and deeper. Phoenix moved ahead of us as well.

Lakers aren't a legit title contender until they beef up inside and get AD some 6'10 and up center help with rebounding and interior defense.

As soon as the Lakers meet up with a bigger and more physical team in the playoffs, LA's lack of bigs and interior defense will be exposed once again.

And best believe, every playoff contender who is serious about winning a chip WILL add more size, defense, and length next season. Let's not start believing Ishbia is done making moves, he saw DEN first hand and won 2 games against em. Best believe he will subtract weak links like Ayton and add more impact bigs to make it harder on Jokic.

Lakers cannot rest on their laurels, run it back with the exact same squad, and hope to win it all. That's not what DR. BUSS would do, trust.

Last edited:
top 4 team in the WC if we run it back and everyone is healthy

These dudes haven't been healthy the last 3 seasons, gotta be realistic about that. Bron and AD playing 60 ish games and we're going to be in the bottom half of the conference again. Cannot stand pat while teams are improving.

A couple wings, a shooter or two, and two more bigs are what we need.
Honestly... all we really need is a Center.

A Kuzma type player would help on defense and rebounding too.

I still believe that If D Lo just played ****ty rather than going completely ghost, we would have won the series.
I don't want the team to do something drastic and stupid like we did two years ago :lol:

These dudes haven't been healthy the last 3 seasons, gotta be realistic about that. Bron and AD playing 60 ish games and we're going to be in the bottom half of the conference again. Cannot stand pat while teams are improving.
so tHiS iS WhY w trAdE for ....

bottom half of the conference turned out kindve well for us

So he’s basically Kuz from 2017-18?

Not a great comp.

Kuz a better athlete. Was older too so was NBA ready physically.

Emoni got a better bag in isolation but it's whether he can get his **** off. Plus I feel like he's going to be a cone on D.

Emoni's numbers are just bad. Athletic numbers, measurements, defensive numbers and shooting numbers flat out suck. He's 6'9" 180 with a 6'9" wingspan. Doesn't really shoot well (looking at advanced numbers), will not pass and doesn't play defense.

But there is something there with him. He can randomly heat up and get you 25 out of nowhere. He can handle a bit and create for himself. He plays like he's the only one on his team and its 1 on 5. If Kobe Brown, Andre Jackson Jr., Ben Shepperd etc. are off the board, he could be worth taking a flier on.

Phoenix with no bench?
That team?
what they do have is 3 consistent scorers with jumpers

we got a 39 year old lebron, a center who goes ghost, and a point guard thats historically awful on both ends in the playoffs.

and still no consistent 3 point shooter

did i mention we are more injury prone than a team with kd and beal on it?

Reactions: MVP
what they do have is 3 consistent scorers with jumpers

we got a 39 year old lebron, a center who goes ghost, and a point guard thats historically awful on both ends in the playoffs.

and still no consistent 3 point shooter

did i mention we are more injury prone than a team with kd and beal on it?

Lebron’s not a shooter? You’re trippin bro. That step back is deadly

Must have at least two BIG centers. Get Brook and get Hassan. Get a PG that can score and defend at least a little bit. Nuggets are beatable.

Must have at least two BIG centers. Get Brook and get Hassan. Get a PG that can score and defend at least a little bit. Nuggets are beatable.
I think you can pretty much put hassan in the blackballed category now. Teams dont want to gamble on someone who is 34 years old and labled a "headcase"

deandre jordan is in the league still for christ sake and we all know its not cuz of his ability.

Back
Top Bottom