**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Was listening to ESPN 710 LA this morning and Thompson & Trudell were saying that the there are reports that the Lakers during Lonzo's pre draft work out want to see him go 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 against De'Aaron Fox and other lottery picks.

I wonder if Lavar & Lonzo would step in and say no to it :lol:

Last edited:
Real talk, the Lavar I saw in that interview seemed like a totally different dude.
When he is not acting like a clown he seems level headed and understands his place.
Im not going to overreact based on one interview but that made me feel better about us drafting Lonzo.
He seemed to understand boundaries by the way he was talking this morning.

U need to pair with Ball with shooters. Instead of trading our only shooter, we should think about ways to pair Ball with more shooters.

College free throws:
Dlo: 75.6% (118/156)
BI: 68.2% (116/170)
Ball: 67.3% (66/98)

College 3:
Dlo: 41.1% (95/231)
BI: 41.0% (80/195)
Ball: 41.2% (80/194)

If y'all were concerned about Dlo's free throw percentage and ability to draw fouls, Lonzo should make you worried as well. I do think Lonzo is a way better finisher around the rim but the fact that he barely draws any fouls is a red flag.

I've always read college free throw % is the best indicator for NBA 3pt%

Last edited:
PG is a better shooter than D'Lo. Plus you can get another shooter at #28.

Are there 3&D guys to focus on with the late first pick?

Always depends. U can get Anthony brown or you can Josh Richardson. Just depends on scouting/luck.

I would expect they go with a 3&D wing or a defensive, athletic center at 28.

Last edited:
Was listening to ESPN 710 LA this morning and Thompson & Trudell were saying that the there are reports that the Lakers during Lonzo's pre draft work out want to see him go 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 against De'Aaron Fox and other lottery picks.

I wonder if Lavar & Lonzo would step in and say no to it :lol:

Lavar and Lonzo don't want that smoke... They better come in ready work during draft workouts cause Fox coming with it. Fox has that alpha in him that nobody on this team has. Magic know, he saw it against UCLA

Really don't need a 3D guy that's why we signed Nwaba... just have to work on a corner shot this offseason and build from there

lavar is a real one 
roll.gif

Saw that the Lakers were able to keep this pick and the one in couple years. Huge come up. I always had a love and hate relationship with the Lake show. Was a fan of Shaq and Kobe but hated the beat down the Dubs constantly received over a damn near decade. Recently they been irrelevant don't hate em or like em due to being a lottery team but if they draft Lonzo I might have to start rooting against them. Dude Lavar just made me dislike Lonzo. Tho it's not Lonzo fault he could've told his dad to tone it down a bit or distance himself from what he says tho it may be hard cuz it is his father at the end of the day. Congrats to Laker fans doe

Last edited:
Lonzo doesn't wanna play Fox 1 v 1, he'd get torched :lol:

Lonzo excels in a 5v5 setting. Plus his stock is so high. He literally has nothing to gain by going 1v1 with fox. I doubt it actually takes place.

Lakers Draft News: LaVar Ball says Lonzo will work out one-on-one against De’Aaron Fox
 “Go ahead. He ain't scared of nobody. You want to work em out one-on-one then you're gonna see what really goes on. I hope the reporters and all the news is in there. De'Aaron Fox had one game for 39 points. Who else did he do that, you're going to justify his whole career on one game against Lonzo?”
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Last edited:
I'd love an extra shooter at 28, but what if Giles fell there, as a complete lotto ticket hope and pray he gets right, imagine if he did........ :lol:

Jordan Bell? Could he shoot enough to earn some looks? Devin Robinson???? Josh Hart probably not athletic enough, could he be a real poor Danny Green?

You got a lot of ifs and possibilities. Lmfao who cares. These are millionaire athletes. They gon be ok. ONE MAN ain't gonna change ****. Y'all just don't like dude so y'all embellish his importantance. If lonzo plays good that's all that matters. Nobody cares about the dad except for ppl that pay attention to every news media. Which is apparently you [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️ Clown ****.

Lavar ball wahhh wahh wahh [emoji]9785[/emoji]️[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

Honestly I hope he come just to here y'all dudes cry. Never seen one dude make so many ppl upset. Must be cuz he said he was better than wack *** jordan
laugh.gif
and that's y'all daddy so [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom