**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IMG_2511.jpeg

I feel like Jeanie will change her mind and hang a banner. Can’t disrespect Silver’s new idea. And we need a parade to make up for 2020 :lol:

Never seen nothing like this mofo Lebron James…

Not that it’s anything new, but what can we take away from the fact that everything pretty much bottoms out once he’s not on the floor?

That the team is built around his strengths & his strengths only, so of course the offense is going to struggle when he's not there because we don't have a player anywhere close to being able to replicate his responsibilities. This has been the case with most Lebron teams his entire career. It's the way to go because ideally if your really in the mix to win anything Lebron will be playing big minutes

Being able to have Cam, Vando, Max & Rui as options has made this defense so much more versatile. Even TP isn't a bad defender, he's just not a guard the best player out there guy. But scaled back he's been fine on defense as well.

If the three point shooting can atleast be average this team is going to be a real problem. Still need to make a move or two but the skeleton of a real good team is there.

On a sidenote Both Alec Burks & Monte Morris are wasting away on the pistons & are on 1 year deals, Both guys i got my eyes on in the buyout market.

Being able to have Cam, Vando, Max & Rui as options has made this defense so much more versatile. Even TP isn't a bad defender, he's just not a guard the best player out there guy. But scaled back he's been fine on defense as well.

If the three point shooting can atleast be average this team is going to be a real problem. Still need to make a move or two but the skeleton of a real good team is there.

On a sidenote Both Alec Burks & Monte Morris are wasting away on the pistons & are on 1 year deals, Both guys i got my eyes on in the buyout market.

I like Burks because he has size, shooting and some slashing dynamo.

It's very interesting Ham seems to not want to play Bron, AD and Vando together. Only played one game together (9 min) despite Vando now being available for three. Can't say I blame him, but of course it's early.

Btw I’m glad Ham was patient with Prince when some of y’all wanted to throw him to the wolves.

He’s probably the best 2 way role player/wing that the lakers have. He’s going to finish most of the games.

Btw I’m glad Ham was patient with Prince when some of y’all wanted to throw him to the wolves.

He’s probably the best 2 way role player/wing that the lakers have. He’s going to finish most of the games.
1. Making threes
2. Defending
3. Playmaking off the dribble
4. Rebounding

Ideally he does all four of these things. He's been defending adequately and making plays off the dribble all season. He's been making threes the past 10 days. Don't expect him to rebound though.

Bro Why does the media treat AD like he's Ben Wallace??? the way they talk about his scoring you would think he was barely scraping 20, he just put up 26 ppg last year on a team built around Bron :lol:

The narrative are insane, especially when it comes time to play important games, just an exercise in narratives & how they shape reality

24/11/3 on 46/28/82, 0.8 Stl, 1.8 Blk & 3.6 Turnovers on 31% Usage in 53 Games
26/11/3 on 53/32/84, 1.3 stl, 2.2 Blk & 2.3 Turnovers on 27% Usage in 55 Games
28/12/5 on 53/26/61, 1 Stl, 1.3 Blk & 3.4 Turnovers on 33% Usage in 73 Games

2 of these guys are considered arguably the best player in the league & unstoppable offensive options, one is barely top 10, inconsistent & unreliable :lol:

The only Player i've ever seen simultaneously not get mentioned in top 5 convos, left off ALL NBA ballots, but also be held under best player in the league standards

It’s simple really. The media/fans think you can’t be a top 5 player unless you’re putting up 30 on isos and are the engine / driving force of an offense.

They put Embiid above AD because Embiid can score from anywhere on the court while AD needs someone to set him up.

It’s simple really. The media/fans think you can’t be a top 5 player unless you’re putting up 30 on isos and are the engine / driving force of an offense.

They put Embiid above AD because Embiid can score from anywhere on the court while AD needs someone to set him up.

I think Doc had a good analogy, AD is more of a suped up Scottie Pippen, defensive terror that offense will just come and go and he'll just float sometime on that end. It is what it is at this point, but post LBJ have no idea what that means if he's our franchise guy.

Bro Why does the media treat AD like he's Ben Wallace??? the way they talk about his scoring you would think he was barely scraping 20, he just put up 26 ppg last year on a team built around Bron :lol:

The narrative are insane, especially when it comes time to play important games, just an exercise in narratives & how they shape reality

24/11/3 on 46/28/82, 0.8 Stl, 1.8 Blk & 3.6 Turnovers on 31% Usage in 53 Games
26/11/3 on 53/32/84, 1.3 stl, 2.2 Blk & 2.3 Turnovers on 27% Usage in 55 Games
28/12/5 on 53/26/61, 1 Stl, 1.3 Blk & 3.4 Turnovers on 33% Usage in 73 Games

2 of these guys are considered arguably the best player in the league & unstoppable offensive options, one is barely top 10, inconsistent & unreliable :lol:

The only Player i've ever seen simultaneously not get mentioned in top 5 convos, left off ALL NBA ballots, but also be held under best player in the league standards
For whatever reason, he is a lightning rod and held to different standard. Probably because of his New Orleans exit and teaming with Bron.

Back
Top Bottom