**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Rob really wants Trae, that tells me AD will play the 5 again and anchor the middle as the rim protector since guards will blow by Trae all day. “Its ok if Trae plays no D, we have AD to cover him”

In reality, imo we need a big body 5 to protect AD from getting bullied by Sabonis and others

Trading for Trae means trading away Reaves and Rui, with another guy like Vando or Vincent. Then you gotta re-sign D'Lo for the asset management. And that means you gotta pair Trae and D'Lo in the backcourt. :rofl:

Trading for Trae means trading away Reaves and Rui, with another guy like Vando or Vincent. Then you gotta re-sign D'Lo for the asset management. And that means you gotta pair Trae and D'Lo in the backcourt. :rofl:
There's really not much $ left after 3 max contracts in Trae, Bron, AD. Can't afford DLo unless hes coming on a mid level or something

There's really not much $ left after 3 max contracts in Trae, Bron, AD. Can't afford DLo unless hes coming on a mid level or something
I would say with Bron nearing retirement and AD in his prime, bite the bullet and pay up. But they cheaped out in 2021 after trading for Brick so what the hell do I know. :lol:

Last edited:
Also in that scenario. If you have Bron/AD/Trae and say Vando

They wouldn’t be able to sign and trade DLo either due to CBA restrictions.

They need to skip this grandeur of a Big 3, it isn’t how the NBA is run or how to win titles. Teams now have incredible depth top to bottom. Stick with continuity.
They know where their holes are. A 2 guard that you can pair with DLo and AR throughout the game, that can shoot and defend.
A center who can give you 20-25 competent minutes.
There’s enough meat on the bones to get both of those things without sacrificing DLo/AR/Vando/Rui/Bron/AD

You can then go back and fill spots 9-12 with young guys and vets on the cheap. And you never know Cam, Hayes or Wood could end up picking up their option. Which if they are the 3rd string guys, you can live with.

Since when has Buha ever been right?

All he does is post BS trade rumor stuff and gossipy locker room drama articles… same formula since his Clipper days

1711892987570.png

😂 he's a clown

Oh damn, Giles isn't even available. So that means Castleton gets minutes or they go with Bron-Rui at backup center.

Back
Top Bottom