**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Great books. Read them both. Love them.

But if we simply review what happens on the court......

Last 14 years, 1 Finals

14 years prior to that, 7 Finals
14 years prior to that, 6 Finals

So, before this current stretch, it was 62 seasons, and 31 NBA Finals. For SIX DECADES we were in the Finals an average of 1 every 2 years.

So, again, we used to be a serious franchise.

Nothing lasts forever. We went through an unprecedented run of elite talent x coaching and barely missed a beat.

It's not normal and with all the parity in the NBA now it won't be like that for everyone.

I mean look how fruitless the Celtics have been since the 80s. Dynasties are finite and the league has changed a lot overall. They've actively been trying to curtail the "advantages" that we have had.

Last edited:
A new dynasty has begun.

The In-Season tournament champs. Lakers are undefeated in IST finals, have won 100% of the time in the history of the NBA.

Nothing lasts forever. We went through an unprecedented run of elite talent x coaching and barely missed a beat.

It's not normal and with all the parity in the NBA now it won't be like that for everyone.

I mean look how fruitless the Celtics have been since the 80s. Dynasties are finite and the league has changed a lot overall. They've actively been trying to curtail the "advantages" that we have had.

Jeanie loves you.

Great books. Read them both. Love them.

But if we simply review what happens on the court......

Last 14 years, 1 Finals

So, before this current stretch, it was 62 seasons, and 31 NBA Finals. For SIX DECADES we were in the Finals an average of 1 every 2 years.

So, again, we used to be a serious franchise.
Look I would love to go back to the old days, but I recognize 1979-2010 probably isn't replicable. Getting #1 draft picks three years apart that netted Magic and Worthy because other teams wanted an old Gail Goodrich and someone named Don Ford? Getting a 24 year old unrestricted free agent the caliber of Shaq? A 18 year old HS player becoming one of the greatest players of all time?

And yes, Jeanie is a doofus and I wouldn't trust Pelinka to get my Subway order right let alone this team.

Orlando is interested in Lakers guard D’Angelo Russell, league sources tell The Athletic. Russell has an $18.7 million player option for the 2024-25 season he can opt out of if he chooses to test the open market.

From a recent Athletic article. Orlando is really going to mess up a good thing all for Dlo? He does make sense for them temporarily and it's not like they have championship/deep playoff aspirations. He would help them overall, but simply as a stop gap.

I wonder how much he gets.

Only reason I care is because if they overpay, the Lakers basically are out of luck. Hopefully they have a realistic contingency plan other than CP3.

I feel like most teams aren't throwing a major bag at D Lo because it's guaranteed he's gonna **** all over himself in the playoffs.

Just restructure for less or let us find a nice move for you bro :wink:

And yes, Jeanie is a doofus and I wouldn't trust Pelinka to get my Subway order right let alone this team.

That's my point.

I fully get we aren't going 31 for 62.

But what we are doing, now, bunch of old dudes and coaches every other year while Jeanie and Rob "try real hard" is unacceptable.

If Jeanie cancels Rob and attempts to get serious, I'll reevaluate her at that point, but right now she's surrounded by Kobe agent and Rambii etc.

There hasn't been a champion to even make it past the 2nd round the next season in the since 2019. It's a new day in the NBA. Should we be satisfied and accept less, no but we knew what bed was made when Bron decided to come here. Nothing is going to be able to truly be done until he hangs it up.

Orlando is interested in Lakers guard D’Angelo Russell, league sources tell The Athletic. Russell has an $18.7 million player option for the 2024-25 season he can opt out of if he chooses to test the open market.

From a recent Athletic article. Orlando is really going to mess up a good thing all for Dlo? He does make sense for them temporarily and it's not like they have championship/deep playoff aspirations. He would help them overall, but simply as a stop gap.

I wonder how much he gets.

Only reason I care is because if they overpay, the Lakers basically are out of luck. Hopefully they have a realistic contingency plan other than CP3.
Orlando desperately want a G and there's not many available (DLo and Tyus Jones?). They also got some good cap space. I'd probably go for Malik Monk

I feel like most teams aren't throwing a major bag at D Lo because it's guaranteed he's gonna **** all over himself in the playoffs.

Just restructure for less or let us find a nice move for you bro :wink:

For sure. But I'm curious what could a team like Orlando offer him. He'd help them a lot. Stop gap type of guy for them. I'd rather get someone else if I were them.

For sure. But I'm curious what could a team like Orlando offer him. He'd help them a lot. Stop gap type of guy for them. I'd rather get someone else if I were them.
1716338978901.png

Doesn’t sound like he’s what they’re looking for to me

I know Boston started off 12-0 and Indy has came back to tie it up at the half, but Indiana has had to fight, scrape & claw for their every basket, and the green goblins are just scoring at will.
Eff this season.
And last season.
Season before that, too.
Last good season was 2020.

Chris Paul might be a good mentor on how to flop

Definitely not good enough to be an NBA player for more than 8-10 minutes

Jeanie loves you.

Bro...stop it.

The NBA landscape has changed so much.

The salary cap was basically put in place to stop the Lakers.

There is a reason why there hasn't been a repeat champion in forever. There is a reason most of the champs haven't even made it out of the second round the last few years.

Times change. You can sit and complain about it but it isn't gonna change anything.

Yes some mistakes have been made.

But hell indy was in the lottery last year this year ECF. Did they become a serious franchise overnight?

Dallas.....same thing...serious franchise overnight?

But if all you gonna do is bi*ch because they don't run the franchise the way you want, then root for another team....

You bit gets old....fast.

Bro...stop it.

The NBA landscape has changed so much.

The salary cap was basically put in place to stop the Lakers.

There is a reason why there hasn't been a repeat champion in forever. There is a reason most of the champs haven't even made it out of the second round the last few years.

Times change. You can sit and complain about it but it isn't gonna change anything.

Yes some mistakes have been made.

But hell indy was in the lottery last year this year ECF. Did they become a serious franchise overnight?

Dallas.....same thing...serious franchise overnight?

But if all you gonna do is bi*ch because they don't run the franchise the way you want, then root for another team....

You bit gets old....fast.

Sure, sure.

When it's 1 in 15. It's ok, they try hard.

1 in 20. No worries guys, the NBA is hard.

1 in 25. We'll win someday guys.

Worst 14 year stretch in franchise history, like 9 coaches, but let's leave Jeanie and Rob alone and trade more draft picks into the next decade. 👍

Sure, sure.

When it's 1 in 15. It's ok, they try hard.

1 in 20. No worries guys, the NBA is hard.

1 in 25. We'll win someday guys.

Worst 14 year stretch in franchise history, like 9 coaches, but let's leave Jeanie and Rob alone and trade more draft picks into the next decade. 👍
Bruh... we are ELEVEN YEARS AWAY from your first doom & gloom prediction.
Saying it's 'getting old' is inaccurate; it's old. Presently. Currently.
"We're definitely not winning for the next TWENTY ONE years."
JFC 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
We're not the Cubs, bruh.

Back
Top Bottom