**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I like the idea of Dan Hurley BUT don't think we have the right roster for his system:
-he runs fast pace/tempo trying to get easy buckets running or when the defense isn't set -->motion offense, shoot open 3s, pick n roll
-aggressive defense, pressing, forcing turnovers
I'd say Indiana Pacers/OKC would be better fit for his playstyle..

Would have been great for Lebron.. 15 years ago. AD is on the ground getting up, hard for him to run the floor from there.

Think Gabe Vincent fits, Christie! Vando (on defense), AR (on offense), Bron (only when he tries), AD will make it work. Just not IDEAL fit

I like the idea of Dan Hurley BUT don't think we have the right roster for his system:
-he runs fast pace/tempo trying to get easy buckets running or when the defense isn't set -->motion offense, shoot open 3s, pick n roll
-aggressive defense, pressing, forcing turnovers
I'd say Indiana Pacers/OKC would be better fit for his playstyle..

Would have been great for Lebron.. 15 years ago. AD is on the ground getting up, hard for him to run the floor from there.

Think Gabe Vincent fits, Christie! Vando (on defense), AR (on offense), Bron (only when he tries), AD will make it work. Just not IDEAL fit
IF Hurley gets hired, I think we'll just see how it goes next season and then there's a possible reset the season after.

I don't think this guy's personality will mesh with NBA players in Los Angeles. He's the kinda guy who punches his steering wheel in traffic. Hurleys are built to coach HS/college.

It would be a long term hire
The roster today is irrelevant

He will shape the program and bring the players that fit over the next few seasons

This hire would be an admission that the window has closed with Lebron and AD, given they just played an injury free season and got gentleman swept in the first round

I don't think this guy's personality will mesh with NBA players in Los Angeles. He's the kinda guy who punches his steering wheel in traffic. Hurleys are built to coach HS/college.
This is my worry, but Woj is speaking on his behalf when he says he'll talk to grown men differently than the 18-22 years olds he's had at UCONN.

so hurley gonna be telling guys to man up and meet him in the parking lot ?

Byron Scott Speaking Fee and Booking Agent Contact

100 million....... Interesting.

Be tough for UConn to beat that.
At this point, if that's true, it's not about money.
It's about positioning.
"Do you want to leave a back-to-back championship situation for... this?"
😬

Back
Top Bottom