**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I will change my avy to DLo for a month if we don't win more than 30 games this season
If we do win more than 30 games, you have to have a Lonzo avy for a month.

For most of the season Nick and Lou were our best players. They're both gone. D'lo will outperform lonzo this year. Downgraded 3 positions. If Ennis isn't back there's literally one person that can run the offense and he's a rookie. It's not a lonzo/dlo thing, if I like dlo's game why wouldn't I like lonzo's? Just as of right now I don't really see much improvement. Still time to make moves tho

Last edited:
I will change my avy to DLo for a month if we don't win more than 30 games this season

For most of the season Nick and Lou were our best players. They're both gone. D'lo will outperform lonzo this year. Downgraded 3 positions. If Ennis isn't back there's literally one person that can run the offense and he's a rookie. It's not a lonzo/dlo thing, just as of right now I don't really see much improvement. Still time to make moves tho
So is that a yes or no?

For most of the season Nick and Lou were our best players. They're both gone. D'lo will outperform lonzo this year. Downgraded 3 positions. If Ennis isn't back there's literally one person that can run the offense and he's a rookie. It's not a lonzo/dlo thing, if I like dlo's game why wouldn't I like lonzo's? Just as of right now I don't really see much improvement. Still time to make moves tho

:lol:

This dude is special.

LTB we should just ban him from the Laker thread until he pays whip his $1K bet.

You're making it seem like I don't like lonzo :lol:. I'll have a lonzo avy at some point anyway. But you really think the team has improved as is? How?

You're making it seem like I don't like lonzo :lol:. I'll have a lonzo avy at some point anyway. But you really think the team has improved as is? How?
Team culture is different
No more half steppin and tanking
It's time to win
We got a kid who is serious about being great
Randle looks motivated
BI will improve
And I have faith that Rob and Magic will bring in some quality FAs

Well I did say 'as is' so that doesn't include any potential FA in what is a weak FA class. But you didn't actually list anything tangible. 'It's time to win' :rofl:. If Luke stops tryna get cute with his rotations that would help tho

Basically. Need another ball handler and more shooters to tak e full advantage of Lonzo's strengths.

Confident we don't go into the season with this roster.

Well I did say 'as is' so that doesn't include any potential FA in what is a weak FA class. But you didn't actually list anything tangible. 'It's time to win' :rofl:. If Luke stops tryna get cute with his rotations that would help tho
Trust. It feels different. Even if our record doesn't reflect it this year, Magic and Rob got a vision to bring us back to playoff contention. We gonna be world beaters in 3 to 4 years.

Only available seat upgrade was 10k per seat in the lower 100 section.  Was anyone able to get a reasonable seat upgrade during their appointment?  Ball movement in effect.  They also said a lot of great things about Russel and he's not around no more so hopefully he pans out.    

Basically. Need another ball handler and more shooters to tak e full advantage of Lonzo's strengths.

Confident we don't go into the season with this roster.

The way luke was trying to use Moz and force feeding him in the offense will work out better with Brook at least. If lonzo can turn over the ball less and shoot better than dlo that would be cool. Hopefully Randle takes another leap because he's probably our best player right now

Trust. It feels different. Even if our record doesn't reflect it this year, Magic and Rob got a vision to bring us back to playoff contention. We gonna be world beaters in 3 to 4 years.

So you're not even really denying that it looks like we're gonna suck this year without any more significant moves

Last edited:
If we don't make any good signings, probably we will suck. 1 or 2 good signings? We will be better.

If we don't make any good signings, probably we will suck. 1 or 2 good signings? We will be better.

What and who are you realistically expecting to get this summer. It's pretty clear any free agent they sign will be 1 year contracts.

The plan is for summer 2018.

Last edited:
Who cares man.
We just had a really nice draft, we have been one of the 3 worst teams in the league the last few years.

There's no where to go but up. We literally cannot get any worse, so why be so negative?

We will only sign left over free agents on 1 year deals because we want flexibility for summer of 2018.  Be prepared for a LONNNNNGGGG season.

Wish we had our pick :frown:

What and who are you realistically expecting to get this summer. It's pretty clear any free agent they sign will be 1 year contracts.

True, and this is why I'm not worried. BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE be freaking out like we would have been championship contenders if we kept DLo and Mozgov though :lol: that's laughable

Who cares man.
We just had a really nice draft, we have been one of the 3 worst teams in the league the last few years.

There's no where to go but up. We literally cannot get any worse, so why be so negative?

Truth is we are worse than we were heading into last year
Don't need this, there's only one way to go
I mean weren't we trending up after the season ended and looking to keep on improving ?
We took a step back
And with the FO office only looking to offer 1+1 deals
It's gonna be interesting to see
Who we are gonna fill the roles with ?

True, and this is why I'm not worried. BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE be freaking out like we would have been championship contenders if we kept DLo and Mozgov though :lol: that's laughable

When the hell did I say anything close to that? I was expecting lonzo to play next to D'lo which would have led to more improvement than replacing him. And I really wasn't expecting to be a bottom 5 team and give up the pick to Boston. And I was kinda expecting pg so overall I'm a little disappointed. Long term we're set up with cap space but in the immediate it seems like we're kinda stalled out at least for this season

Pelinka said looking for shooters. I mean who's on the free agency this year that can shoot? KCP, Swaggy, Reddick :lol: he better not go after Waiters

It's cool to be focused on next summer and I get that the Lakers are, but I think it's proven that it's really hard to attract meetings, let alone sign Big Time free agents if you're bad. That'd be my only concern moving forward. But with Magic in the fold, perhaps it'll be different.

Feels good to be a laker fan again. Haven't been a Laker fan since the Eddie Jones Nick Van Exel days. I used to cry as a kid when the Lakers would lose in the playoffs. Stopped being a laker fan when I met Kobe in person and he treated me like trash. I'm Byke as a Laker fan,

Feels good to be a laker fan again. Haven't been a Laker fan since the Eddie Jones Nick Van Exel days. I used to cry as a kid when the Lakers would lose in the playoffs. Stopped being a laker fan when I met Kobe in person and he treated me like trash. I'm Byke as a Laker fan,
:rofl:
Damn geno may have been right, Kobe must have hated black people

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom