**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm gonna keep drillin' this into y'all's heads....

DLo impedes the Lakers from moving forward

Getting rid of him would open up so many things for so many players on this team. Him being out is a blessing, especially with Nance almost ready to go.

And I'm going to need y'all to hop back off the tank. Messing up the mojo. I got this. 

Just something to keep in mind. What would you rather have, another cornerstone piece for the next 10-12 years minimum or Lou Williams for the next 4? Seems like a pretty simple choice to me and that's what's at stake here. 9 outta the next 12 games on the road including direct tank contests against Dallas tomorrow and the Suns right before the All Star break. 

Last edited:
Good game, would have liked to have seen zubac out there more with the bench but too many bigs to go around..

If you trade Lou it's gotta be for a bonafide player man. He's the kinda guy that could be the difference in a playoff series for some team..imagine him on a gsw, Houston, Cleveland. Didn't Thibs coach Nate, Aaron Brooks, JL 3 etc? Seems like he would go for a Lou will.

Let's put it this way....

We all know we're a few years away... No matter what we do.. No matter what signing or trade you think are out there, it will not have us competing with the Warriors. Not in the near term at least. We have to wait until the Warriors core has been together long enough that it forced them to have no bench, losing guys year after year because of paying everybody max money, and we see them start to tail off.

If you look at Lou Williams, if you don't trade him this season, then next season you pretty much are forced to. If not he becomes a FA going into Age 32 season. If he plays at this level next season, that pay check isn't going down, especially now that the cap is $30+ mil higher than it was when he signed with us. But let's say we don't trade him, he becomes a FA and we want to sign him.. That's $10mil+ cap that is tied up that could be used in guys who are younger, fit better, or may be actual star players. When history shows, age 30 + for a guy like Lou Will tends to be a negative.

Too much of a risk not to see what is out there for him .

Now if you traded Clarkson for an equal prospect somewhere else that may fit better, then you covered your basis a bit. But still worrisome to keep Lou for that long.

Last edited:
I just think you over analyze stuff sometimes man :lol:. It's not even that you're wrong, everything you're saying is factually true it's just not that important I guess. Like it looks bad to ultimately lose a Dwight or pau for nothing but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. They'll find a way to get assets if that's what it's about. They just broke the bank for Deng and Moz, they'd pay Lou/Nick if it came down to that. Wouldn't be plan A of course.

I don't see them trading unless it's for a nice haul is all

Last edited:
They'll find a way to get assets if that's what it's about. They just broke the bank for Deng and Moz, they'd pay Lou/Nick if it came down to that. Wouldn't be plan A of course.

I don't see them trading unless it's for a nice haul is all

God I hope we don't pay Lou & Nick, if it cost anymore than what they are getting paid now.

All I'm saying is take a look.. If the best we get for an offer is a 2nd Rounder.. Then no thanks, we'll play it out, and hope the market is better later.

But eventually you should trade him. Just because he isn't a long term piece. And by long term I mean 5 years, maybe longer.

Only reason I prefer now, is to get a 1st Round pick back that is a big possibility that we will not have this season

Most thought Nick would get traded or waived or stretched. Didn't happen

None of us know how they operate or think about these things

Giving Lou or Nick extensions for 13-15 mill per year is equal to about 7 mill 2 years ago, so it's not a crazy number relatively speaking

NY has played well enough to go from almost out of the league to about to earn a multi year deal from some team

:rofl:

4.5 out of the playoffs

I'm off that tank

Correction 4.

If you just think of all the injuries we've had. Throw that on top of the terrible schedule we had (We've played 6 more games than some teams). And the handful of games we just flat out collapsed in Late November & December.

8th seed should be ours :smh:

Giving Lou or Nick extensions for 13-15 mill per year is equal to about 7 mill 2 years ago, so it's not a crazy number relatively speaking

NY has played well enough to go from almost out of the league to about to earn a multi year deal from some team

I'm sorry but tying up over half our cap in Lou and NY (if we resign both) combined with Deng and Mosgov just seems supremely stupid to me (approx 56-60 million for those 4 deals). The cap is only going to be 108, 109, 114 the next 3 seasons. You also take us out of free agency completely for the next 3 years by extending these guys.

Last edited:

Not saying you're wrong about what you're saying.

But

$13mil for Lou Will
$13mil for Nick
$18mil for Luol
$15mil for Moz
$12mil for Clarkson

Is $71mil..

Throw in Russell & Ingram that's $83mil.

Randle is up for an extension in 2018.

It's basically doubling down on this team long term, no cap space for a max player. And by the time you do, all those rookie deals are ready for extensions,

Can't start giving more money to guys who do not help us get to a championship

Last edited:
The Lakers are doing better than last year, but I just don't have the same level of interest with Kobe gone. I've yet to sit and watch a full basketball game this season.

Back
Top Bottom