**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Isn’t it unusual for drafted players to get traded weeks after they are picked? It’s kind of like a car...the minute the player gets picked the stock of that “pick” drops significantly. It’s almost like the idea of a “draft pick” gives you a feeling like said player can be the next superstar but when they get picked reality hits etc

Which begs the question: will we see a trade at the draft? I think so. If so, we basically giving up idea of signing a major superstar this summer. Not sure I ever seen free agency hit, player gets signed and then the team trades their top 5 pick first or second week of July, mid summer league (by then the player may be playing bad, lowering his stock)

Last player I recall is Wiggins but he was number 1 pick so he was super sought after
Exactly what I brought up earlier.

The other problem is if we trade for AD during/prior to the draft then we eliminate our ability to offer a max (we will be like 5M short). The only way to have 3 stars is to sign one first then trade for AD.

And like you mentioned, a trade would have to be at least agreed in principal before the draft so we can select whoever the pelicans want. If no agreement is in place then that pick loses value for the other team tremendously because we may select a player they have no interest in. So basically in this scenario we at least allow ourselves an opportunity to offer a max and even if that fails we end up with AD regardless a month after the draft. But I also wanna make sure the pelicans can’t balk once a trade is agreed to in principle. Overall either we

1) trade for AD before/during the draft and say **** FA and handing out a max

2) agree in principle to a trade for AD and select their player at 4. Go through FA and after whatever outcomes we ratify the AD trade in August.

3) don’t make any trade/don’t have any agreements in place. Select who we want at 4. Roll with the young guys. Hard to imagine a deal is agreed to after the draft since we would probably have selected someone different than who the pelicans would have.. what else could change in our offer after the draft??

2 gives us the option to at least try for a FA. And if we’re 100% trading for AD that’s the way to go about it. 1 would mean we know we ain’t getting anybody in free agency and not even gonna make an attempt. Nobody’s signing here for 5M less than max.

Kawhi. KD. Giannis. We're gonna need an elite wing. And I'm not talking bout jimmy butler. Protect Ingram at all costs

hi-res-19f652f2f63a9fa84b7daec6332f14d7_crop_north.jpg

Exactly what I brought up earlier.

The other problem is if we trade for AD during/prior to the draft then we eliminate our ability to offer a max (we will be like 5M short). The only way to have 3 stars is to sign one first then trade for AD.

And like you mentioned, a trade would have to be at least agreed in principal before the draft so we can select whoever the pelicans want. If no agreement is in place then that pick loses value for the other team tremendously because we may select a player they have no interest in. So basically in this scenario we at least allow ourselves an opportunity to offer a max and even if that fails we end up with AD regardless a month after the draft. But I also wanna make sure the pelicans can’t balk once a trade is agreed to in principle. Overall either we

1) trade for AD before/during the draft and say **** FA and handing out a max

2) agree in principle to a trade for AD and select their player at 4. Go through FA and after whatever outcomes we ratify the AD trade in August.

3) don’t make any trade/don’t have any agreements in place. Select who we want at 4. Roll with the young guys. Hard to imagine a deal is agreed to after the draft since we would probably have selected someone different than who the pelicans would have.. what else could change in our offer after the draft??

2 gives us the option to at least try for a FA. And if we’re 100% trading for AD that’s the way to go about it. 1 would mean we know we ain’t getting anybody in free agency and not even gonna make an attempt. Nobody’s signing here for 5M less than max.
Or...Pels get calls from teams to wait in trading AD til July so they can see how aggressive they can get. For example Boston can say we will def offer Tatum if we sign kyrie. Hell, might get the nets to offer their entire roster plus 25 draft picks if they sign Kyrie etc

Sign any of these 4:
Kawhi
Klay/KD
Kyrie
This summer and run with the kids and freakin shooters (hoodie melo idgaf)
A gutted team for AD will be horrible.
You convince BI to take okc harden role and feast on the second units and finish crunch games with a death lineup.
If we dont make playoffs next year than idk what to think anymoew.

If the AD trade does go down and we don't chase a 3rd max we could potentially fill out the roster with the likes of Pat bev/Danny green/Bojan/Marcus Morris/McGee. To me that makes more sense than selling out for another max and having little to no real depth

If the AD trade does go down and we don't chase a 3rd max we could potentially fill out the roster with the likes of Pat bev/Danny green/Bojan/Marcus Morris/McGee. To me that makes more sense than selling out for another max and having little to no real depth
Not the worse idea in the world.

I would not spend money on a center. I'd let the market dry out and hope someone like McGee/Ed Davis/Dedmon/Robin Lopez is left for cheap.

I wonder how much Brooke Lopez is going to get. Just kills me we could have had him at 4 mil or less.

I wonder how much Brooke Lopez is going to get. Just kills me we could have had him at 4 mil or less.

He probably could get himself like $10mil a year.

But I also wouldn’t be surprised if he were to take another 1 year deal from a playoff team.

We did that last year. Ended up with rondo, lance, McGee and Beasley. Lol

Starting to feel like the Lakers worked out Culver for NOLA and not themselves. Meaning they're keeping Ingram. Makes sense for the timeline of each team, we don't have time for rookies right now. Zo/Kuz/4 should be the principle in an AD trade

Doesn’t it still have to be BI in the trade cuz his contract?

No. We can absorb most of AD's salary into the cap space we have. Once he's on the team we can go over the tax next summer to resign BI and him.

OOOOOOOO

Man. That’s spicy I like it lol
If they manage to trade for AD without giving up BI :pimp:

Even zo / Kuz / 4th is a better package than anyone else tbh lol
Nobody wants frank ntiddalina and Kevin Knox lol

Watching The Warriors in the finals keeping me optimism for next year. we're pretty much watching next year's Warriors team in the finals right now and they look very beatable and the only be a year older than next an I think a LeBron and Davis team with role players around them could compete in the West

I've been saying it for a while but we're not competing with the Warriors and rockets. We're going up against the Nuggets blazers jazz etc. So we need to keep as much youth as we can and not sell out just to compete with teams who are on the decline

D4EAA525-4FA4-4AF0-8263-699274CD56DD.jpeg

This what David Griffin said before being the pelicans GM.

as much as I wouldn’t want BI included, David griffin is gonna push for him and I don’t blame him.

D4EAA525-4FA4-4AF0-8263-699274CD56DD.jpeg

This what David Griffin said before being the pelicans GM.

as much as I wouldn’t want BI included, David griffin is gonna push for him and I don’t blame him.

Just gotta play hard ball. Either Zo or BI. Gentry likes the Zo and Jrue pairing while Griffin likes BI’s potential.

We shouldn’t include either of them, 4 with kuz,hart and Wagner should do it. Raptors offered derozan :stoneface: okc offered oladipo, we shouldn’t be offering two young studs. Take it or leave it

Back
Top Bottom