**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

i was a big proponent of "the kids" but if you still think we were better off holding on to the kids then I dont know if I should put you on "ignore" or not.

Short term: no way the kids make this team better. We had the best record in the West and were bonafide title contenders. Hard to improve on that.

Long term: let’s assume the post-Bron era includes AD and nobody else. Perhaps a Kuz/BI/Zo team would fare better than AD+filler pieces. But the kids still wouldn’t be title contenders tbh. So if you ain’t legit championship team, does it even matter if the kids are marginally better?

Kuz/BI/Zo nucleus was never going to get us a championship on their own. If we want to be the nets then sure, we could have kept them.

But Bron/AD got us positioned for a title run. Even if it ends up fruitless and we suck for 5 years after Bron leaves, it was worth the gamble. Cause Kuz/bi/Zo wasn’t winning **** either way

Ingram/Zo/Kuz/Dlo wouldn't win in the next two years but looking forward and competing against the likes of Jokic/Murray, Mitchell/Gobert, Luka/KP, MEM, OKC, BOS they'd have as good a chance as any of them. But so would AD+1

One of the biggest mysteries are Kobe’s shoes. They suddenly stopped making them when people wanted them the most. Something was up. Maybe contract issues? They never thought about what a contract would mean if he died?

Ingram/Zo/Kuz wouldn't win in the next two years but looking forward and competing against the likes of Jokic/Murray, Mitchell/Gobert, Luka/KP, MEM, OKC, BOS they'd have as good a chance as any of them
Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Boston? Luka? Utah? Denver?
3 is these 4 have perpetual all star STARTERS on their teams and excellent coaches.

One of the biggest mysteries are Kobe’s shoes. They suddenly stopped making them when people wanted them the most. Something was up. Maybe contract issues? They never thought about what a contract would mean if he died?

Nike pulled his merch and shoes because ppl were buying up and reselling everything literally hours after his death. It was a unique situation.

Also ingram isn’t a real all star.
Nike pulled his merch and shoes because ppl were buying up and reselling everything literally hours after his death. It was a unique situation.
i guess,

but you combat that with making more and resellers will have no market

After that clipper game, this team was destined to win it all.
Now with the Jordan documentary I think LeBron is even more motivAted to win so hopefully season comes back. I don’t give a **** about an asterisks

None of those teams are unbeatable. None of those teams are even real contenders right now

Honestly that's really what I was getting at. Ingram and Ratsull have already been all stars. Zo is the perfect 3rd glue guy that does all the dirty work. Randle is OC by puts up numbers. We could've had a longer runway and these guys all having chemistry coming up together ala young OKC. I think BI can reach top 15 level (all NBA level) good.

Honestly that's really what I was getting at. Ingram and Ratsull have already been all stars. Zo is the perfect 3rd glue guy that does all the dirty work. Randle is OC by puts up numbers. We could've had a longer runway and these guys all having chemistry coming up together ala young OKC. I think BI can reach top 15 level (all NBA level) good.
Only thing is I'm not exactly sure how all those pieces fit. Zo/BI yea, Kuz off the bench probably works, Dlo on paper but I know him and BI don't get along. Randle maybe/maybe not. And AD+Beal or Lavine and solid role players is probably just as good or better.

Stop calling d-lo an all star. He got in a weak East as the 15th guy AFTER others got injured. All stars aren’t traded for worse contracts

Only thing is I'm not exactly sure how all those pieces fit. Zo/BI yea, Kuz off the bench probably works, Dlo on paper but I know him and BI don't get along. Randle maybe/maybe not. And AD+Beal or Lavine and solid role players is probably just as good or better.

That's true. I'd love for Zach to come in a couple years, but I'll just be really interested to see what's the plan after Bron is gone and if this team is basically going to continue to be a Klutch subsidiary.

I had heard that he was actually getting ready to be done with Nike, because he was not happy with the new laceless system that's on the Adapt BB not being introduced with one of his signature models. A similar version of that laceless system is on 1 of his signature models, the Zoom Kobe AD NXT, but it wasn't INTRODUCED on one of his models, and he wanted that very badly. He was ready to be done w/ Nike over that, and then... helicopter.

"But I aint one to gossip so you ain't heard that from me." 👀

Reactions: DLF
2yi5jj7bkzy41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom