**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ is the one acting and sounding entitled.

Russ can be bothered all he wants. Lots of things happen in life to a lot of the people that bothers them. Majority of those people aren't being paid 41m to play basketball.

If Westbrick bothers you, play better. That simple.

All of us have things going on in life and some people use sports as an outlet. They gotta watch a guy give no effort, stink up the joint then complain to the media that people are talking about him when just last week he said he didn't care and didn't bring things home with him...

How people cheer or heckle got nothing to do with upbringing.

Russ is being sensitive because the world is seeing how big of a fraud he is.

End of story.

The Westbrick name thing is whatever, I don't think I've ever really used it but you can't stop people from saying it either. I feel like he's heard that long enough where it shouldn't be bothering him now... but he did bring up the story about his son, and I'm guessing that he thinks his son might start hearing that name at school or what not.

Family being harassed at games or wherever and death threats is obviously not cool at all.

Equating the two things together (name calling v. harassment/threats) makes no sense at all UNLESS Russ was caught up in the moment and didn't do a good job of expressing himself

5D168503-6BA7-46EC-AE28-BC633FC9255A.png

I don’t blame Malik I’d be in that everyday

Nah he just needs to play better. He's making $41 million
Lol again my offense to your disagreement with us on this is affecting my mental health and I demand you agree with my opinion. You are shaming my feelings

“Russell Westbrook can’t shoot” will be the new name for him I guess. Keeps his name clean and his son can write it over and over without the I and the c.

Quick question: is Russ allowed to do the baby taunt after he scores now? Wouldn’t that be shaming his opponents and mess with their mental health?

SwishBrook just needs to sit out the rest of the season and learn how to stop making so many shots. He’s too good of a player to waste his time with this franchise. His jumper is so WetBrook. #positivity

SwishBrook just needs to sit out the rest of the season and learn how to stop making so many shots. He’s too good of a player to waste his time with this franchise. His jumper is so WetBrook. #positivity
Westbrook da god needs to shoot more. He is a godsend to us all and he needs all our praise. God bless Russell GOATbrook

I know it's a pipe dream but Westbrook opting out would be the best case scenario for us. That being said, short of the organization trying to murder him, I don't see a way that he walks away from $47m next year. The way things are going, he likely won't see that much money over the course of the rest of his career, much less one season.

Jeanne is going to have to dust of the yams and open her check book and eat all or most of Russ's contract and do a buyout of Russ's contract to get out of it.

I think it’s hilarious people saying “if you don’t want to be called westbrick, play better” like he isn’t trying to play good. Like he’s purposely missing shots. His effort on defense is average at best, that’s one place he can play harder but offensively he’s all out of sorts. He has lost all his confidence, he can’t finish like he used to, and he’s just ****ed with all these court and family issues. He needs to get his confidence back.

He’s not been a good fit but he’s been healthy, more than I can say about AD. I’ve been a Russ fan before the lakers and was super excited when he got here and I haven’t given up on the pairing (I’m a helpless blind laker fan) but it’s taking longer than it should. Hopefully when AD gets back, Vogel can finally put rotation that puts Russ in a position to succeed.

All in all, seasons been ****ty, and it’s not looking good but I’m still watching these ****ing games. Hopefully we catch fire and make some noise not holding my breathe but not counting it out.

Go Lakers!

You know everyone keeps mentioning death threats, yet not once in the video uploaded or quoted text did he say that. So, where is everyone getting that side of the heckling? It seems it's just assumed by the media to make his plight more sympathetic and it's become a echo camber of boo hoo for Russ. In reality what his ego can't take is that he's past his prime, never really worked on his game, and now has got the yips due to the stress of massively underperforming.

When you keep putting your head down and dribbling into 3 defenders and throwing up garbage or turning it over, that’s not “trying to be good”

He was a statue for a whole possession in the spurs game? Did you see that play? No effort

It’s pathetic. He definitely has mental issues going on, but his refusal to change his game is making it worse

I wanna say there's no way he declines $47 million but who knows. He can probably still get $20 mill from somewhere and maybe that'll be ideal enough for him to play elsewhere.
Opt out of $47mm to get maybe a three year deal at say $70mm?

Russ would probably do something like that cause if he opts in at $47mm and stinks up the joint again (highly likely), he won't be seeing $70mm ever again.

4D Chess indeed.

Opt out of $47mm to get maybe a three year deal at say $70mm?

Russ would probably do something like that cause if he opts in at $47mm and stinks up the joint again (highly likely), he won't be seeing $70mm ever again.

4D Chess indeed.
Who is offering Westbrook a 3 year/$70m contract after his last couple of seasons. The issue is that Westbrook is incapable of playing in an offense where He is not the centerpiece, but he is no longer good enough to be the centerpiece of an offense so he doesn't know what to do. I think harden is going to suffer the same fate as his as his career goes on. They like Westbrook, harden literally stands in the corner when the ball is in his hand like He doesn't know what to do on a basketball court when the ball isn't in his hand.

Westbrook hasn't picked up any of the skills that other superstars have (post moves, shooting, effective offball play, defense) and he is a low IQ basketball player.

Back
Top Bottom