Ladies and Gentlemen, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 will be released in the fall instead (edit)

Originally Posted by finnns2003

cool! sega should've announced shenmue 3 though...
smh.gif
I never beat part 2 on X-box though

this is some cool news. just hope the music is on point.

it would be an even better day if they announced power stone or daytona for xbox live or something.

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

Originally Posted by StillIn729

they needa bring back Streets of Rage

Good luck with that i was recently on the office website and they have hundreds of thousands of ppl writing video blogging twittering big shots in sega hq. From what i can tell they are almost in a mindset like f the fanboys u guys didnt suppor us when we made systems and games now u want use to put in money etc to make what games u want, for what u wouldnt buy them then why should we waste money so u guys wont buy em now.
well, then they are shooting themselves in the foot

all i need now is streets of rage and mortal kombat to take notes. the 3d mortal kombat games just weren't the same.

sonic.jpg

After taking a vacation through 3D gameplay in titles like "Sonic Unleashed" and "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games," Sonic theHedgehog will be getting back to his roots in 2010. In a move credited to fan demand for a new 2D Sonic game, Sega has announced that he'll lose the thirddimension and pick up hi-def graphics for his next game appearance, currently dubbed "Project Needlemouse."

"Old-school Sonic fans have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay," Ken Ballough, associate brand manager at Sega Americatold Gamespot. "Many liked thedaytime stages in 'Unleashed,' but wanted to see a game that plays purely similar to the early games of the Genesis. 'Project Needlemouse' isthat critical first step that brings Sonic back to his 2D roots."

Sega will thus be looking to recapture Sonic's classic gameplay in a title that shines like a modern HD release.

"Speed returns in an all new 2D adventure built from the ground up," the game's teaser trailer says.

Ballough seems keenly aware of both older and younger Sonic fans' desires, which the new project will attempt to straddle.

"Many older gamers appreciate him most for his attitude and the speed of his 2D games," he said, "while some younger and newer fans look upto him for his courage and his freestyle personality."

Sonic's longtime rival and occasional game companion Mario has navigated the console generations fairly well over the years, proving that it'sperfectly doable to reinvigorate classic gameplay and characters in a fresh way. Who know? Maybe if he performs well enough, the two can kick off a new roundof competition.

Originally Posted by shoepacalypse

Originally Posted by StillIn729

they needa bring back Streets of Rage

Good luck with that i was recently on the office website and they have hundreds of thousands of ppl writing video blogging twittering big shots in sega hq. From what i can tell they are almost in a mindset like f the fanboys u guys didnt suppor us when we made systems and games now u want use to put in money etc to make what games u want, for what u wouldnt buy them then why should we waste money so u guys wont buy em now.

Its my understanding that the dreamcast didnt go under because of sales?

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

any Sonic game is an automatic cop for me.

There hasn't been a good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure and that was 10 years ago.
laugh.gif

I don't get how you turn your mascot into a joke like Sega did...It's still Sega so I'm not getting my hopes up. I hope it is good tho...
co-sign , its been to many years of garbage sonic games

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

i wish they would drop a whole new sega system and more games. Dam i love my sega
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
did you get it to work?????????????????????????????????????????

Sonic Mega Collection+ for the PS2....I recommend this to anyone.
pimp.gif

Can prolly get it for like $10-15 nowadays.

It was over a decade ago today that this phrase was commonly heard –and with good reason, as it marked the monumental release of a gamecalled Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Now, sixteen years later, we’re back and ready to use it again – because we’ve got big things in store.

As we mentioned over the weekend, we’re turning this week into Hedgehog Weekas celebration for the game’s announcement, and for all the amazingwork that fans around the world have put in to go above and beyond ourchallenges. The celebrations kick off today with two pieces of conceptart from the first zone, a special giveaway of Sonic 3 signed by one ofthe Senior Level Designers from the original team, and swag giveawaysall day! Then, on Thursday, we’re going to make the internet explode aswe announce the real name of Project Needlemouse.
[h2]Hedgehog Week Calendar:[/h2]
  • Tuesday, Feb 2nd: Hedgehog Day Celebrations begin! Two newpieces of Concept Art from the first zone, a sneak peek at the game’smusic, and a Signed Copy of Sonic 3 giveaway!
  • Thursday, Feb 4th: The big day! Project Needlemouse’s actual title revealed, and an extra Bonus…

We know a few of you out there are going “But why can’t you just announce the name of the game today?

I still have my Genesis and the internet if I need a 2D Sonic Fix. Don't see why anyone would spend a dime on this

Back
Top Bottom