Laker Fans ......

Ok . We win the championship this year & the the off season begins

We gotta decide on Lamor Odom Or Ariza ... We only got 78. something in the cap & both of them pretty much need big contracts so which one do we go for ?
i say we keeep Ariza only cause hes younger & trade in the draft & try & land Patty Mills & Earl Clark to our team ..

Which one would you pick out of the two ?

Cause One Does have to gooo
frown.gif

We have to win first.

Second Both will be back.

Trevor will get a little bit more then the MLE.

Lamar already said he will give us a discount.

Kobe is going to re do his deal to give us felxiblity.

But we have to win first.

Plus there is a season thread and an offseaon thread that will pop up so we can talk about all of this.

Ska Lock.

Originally Posted by tupac003

We have to win first.

Plus there is a season thread and an offseaon thread that will pop up so we can talk about all of this.

Ska Lock.
I'm not sure about that (Ariza for just a bit more than MLE).

I think he could get 8-9 million.

Look what Maggette got, it's possible.

Maggette can get his own shot.

We don't run ANY plays for Ariza.

If a team wants to give him 8-9 mill a season.....

I don't know what do tell you. 7 mill a year is what I think he should get. But some teams like to throw dummy money at players that fit well in one systembut not another (IE Ronny)

8-9 for Ariza is WAY too much. Maggette is much more talented than Ariza. I'd love to keep both of them but if I had to decide it'd be Ariza cause ofage and his defense. Losing LO would kill our bench and our insurance for Bynum cause dude is injury prone. Would hate to lose both hopefully we pay the luxurytax instead.

I just know that NBA free agency is VERY crazy. I mean players like Erick Dampier getting 10 million a year, Rashard getting a near max-deal with a team wherehe won't even be the superstar. B Diddy getting paid, Maggette getting paid, etc.

Wings who play defense and can shoot the ball? Someone who's young and pretty much won the game for the Lakers in the Finals alongside Derek Fisher? YeahMaggette is a much better offensive player, and a hell of an athlete, but dude is no where near Ariza on defense, and Ariza is a guy who can knock em down, andmake key plays on both ends.

NBA GM's have short-term memory, and they see some player who could be a mid-level talent (not calling Ariza mid-level), and they cream their pants attheir eyed-prospect and overspend.

I'm just saying, it's a reality that the Lakers may have to deal with.

As for Odom, I have no clue what kind of money he'll be fielding, realistically, when was the last time you saw a superstar take less money for thebetterment of their team? The only guy I can think of is Timmy Duncan, and he's one of the most humble dudes in the L.

It's kinda funny how all-year long the Lakers were bashing on Odom and Fisher, and now they're becoming heroes.
laugh.gif

If you watch Ariza his offense really only consists of wide open 3's, fastbreak dunks, and layups. I'd rather not pay his 8-9mill and regret it laterwhen he's so limited on offense. His defense is his greatest upside though.

First of all, we haven't won +%*$ yet.

Second, we have a 300+ pg season thread, go find it.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

First of all, we haven't won +%*$ yet.

Second, we have a 300+ pg season thread, go find it.
QFT, as if you couldn't have asked that there.

I could care less ("more") on who wins the championships this year now that LeBron is out.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

We have to win first.

Ska Lock.

8 million for ariza?
roll.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
I just know that NBA free agency is VERY crazy. I mean players like Erick Dampier getting 10 million a year, Rashard getting a near max-deal with a team where he won't even be the superstar. B Diddy getting paid, Maggette getting paid, etc.

Wings who play defense and can shoot the ball? Someone who's young and pretty much won the game for the Lakers in the Finals alongside Derek Fisher? Yeah Maggette is a much better offensive player, and a hell of an athlete, but dude is no where near Ariza on defense, and Ariza is a guy who can knock em down, and make key plays on both ends.

NBA GM's have short-term memory, and they see some player who could be a mid-level talent (not calling Ariza mid-level), and they cream their pants at their eyed-prospect and overspend.

I'm just saying, it's a reality that the Lakers may have to deal with.

As for Odom, I have no clue what kind of money he'll be fielding, realistically, when was the last time you saw a superstar take less money for the betterment of their team? The only guy I can think of is Timmy Duncan, and he's one of the most humble dudes in the L.

It's kinda funny how all-year long the Lakers were bashing on Odom and Fisher, and now they're becoming heroes.
laugh.gif

You are right. free angecy is nuts. I don't understand it 95% of the times.

But we all know players who do well in the finals/playoffs do get great contracts.

I know the Ariza and Lamar both love LA and both have business's out here. I don't see him chasing the dollars IF we give him a fair offer.

Lamar who knows. I don't know how much of a market will be out there for a very inconstant player. But you never know.

And as far as bashing Odom and Fisher...You can't tell me you have never bashed anybody on your team who has not played as well as you know they can. Weknow how great both of them can play and sometimes you get upset when they play bad. When they play well you give them the praise they deserve.

Oh no, there's always been bums on my teams that I've appreciated, but the way that yall (not saying you Tupac, but Lakers fans in general), bash onOdom/Fisher throughout the season, it's on another level.
laugh.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
Oh no, there's always been bums on my teams that I've appreciated, but the way that yall (not saying you Tupac, but Lakers fans in general), bash on Odom/Fisher throughout the season, it's on another level.
laugh.gif

Maybe so...

And hell I won't lie I was pretty hard on both of them during the playoffs.

But look at how Cavs fans turned their backs on Mo Will....
sick.gif
laugh.gif

It just happens when players don't play the way yo know thye should.

They better find a way to keep them both. I would say dump Walton as well, but he played his part in the finals. Sasha would be on the cutting block if I wereGM. Although his time was limited, he has 0 points in the finals.

I don't see why they would go after Mills in the draft seeing they still have Fisher, Farmar and Shannon Brown. Another small guard would be a liabilitydefensively.

As much money as Buss has raked in over the past two years he needs to keep the team intact, luxury tax be damned. Give them a chance to repeat, which I thinkthey will. (Unless ofcourse my Bulls get it together
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

They better find a way to keep them both. I would say dump Walton as well, but he played his part in the finals. Sasha would be on the cutting block if I were GM. Although his time was limited, he has 0 points in the finals.

I don't see why they would go after Mills in the draft seeing they still have Fisher, Farmar and Shannon Brown. Another small guard would be a liability defensively.

As much money as Buss has raked in over the past two year he needs to keep the team intact, luxury tax be damned. Give them a chance to repeat, which I think they will.
I'd say Fisher has 2 years MAX left maybe even 1 season. Shannon Brown cannot be a starter neither can Farmar. Letting Sasha go should be apriority and I'd hate to admiti t but Walton has played alright in the Finals.

I see what you trying to do, get a head start on the official lakers offseason thread
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

We have to win first.

Ska Lock.
qft

Originally Posted by knightngale

We have to win first.

Ska Lock.

8 million for ariza?
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
@ knightngale

knightngale wrote:
knightngale wrote:

We have to win first.

Ska Lock.

8 million for ariza?
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
@ knightngale

Is there a reason you quoted yourself and stone faced yourself?

So, I'm posting this here since I hit my post-limit, but I'll re-post this in all the Lakers threads.

So, in a proper way to say goodbye to the 2008-2009 season, I'm writing this on June 14th, but I won't be able to post this until tomorrowbecause I hit my post-limit, as expected.

First off, I want to congratulate all the Lakers players, minus Sasha Vujasuck, DJ Mbenga, Adam Crybaby Morrison, and Sun Yue.
laugh.gif
. Yes, I happilycongratulate Kobe, Pau, LO, Fisher, Luke Walton, Ariza, the rest of them dudes.

Second, I sincerely and genuinely thought that the Magic had this series in the bag, but they don't have the mental toughness to win it all. I thought thatShard, Hedo, and Dwight especially was ready to take it all this year. I was wrong. The Lakers outclassed them the entire series, and when it came down tocritical moments, it wasn't just Kobe, it was Lamar, it was Pau Gasol, it was Derek Flopping Fisher, it was Trev Ariza, these guys straight pulled it out.

Before I continue on about the Lakers, props to the Magic players who showed up. (Yeah, this is going to be a LONG post, I know most of you won't readthis, but I know a few of you will, and it's directed to those Lakers fans who know what's up, the Lakers fans who I'm cool with). First off, Iwant to say screw all you haters of JJ Redick, I've liked this kid since he entered the NBA (I didn't follow College ball back then). This kid hasconsistently broken any expectations that are set so low, he's gotten better, he's a damn good passer, and I'm happy to see him excel on this team.Not only that, he played some GREAT DEFENSE IN THESE PLAYOFFS. Yeah I said it, you know it's true too when he locked up Ray Allen. Next, Courtney Lee, thedude is a damn rookie. I don't care what anyone has to say, that guy is going to be a stud in the League with his toughness. That lay-up he missed at theend of game three was damn near impossible to make, and he played great the whole Playoffs, prop to him. Next, the Bay Area's own, Mikael Pietrus. Thisdude made some of the best highlights in the entire Finals, he had to face the toughest match-ups of ANYONE in the Playoffs this year (How you like PP, thenLeBron, then Kobe?
sick.gif
). I also want to note about Jameer Nelson and Rafer Alston. I'm sorry, but Rafer, you gotta go. You aren't better than JameerNelson, you did a great job helping them get into the Playoffs, but dude was just ineffective in the Playoffs. Then you go slapping Eddie House up the head?Nah actually that was pretty funny,
laugh.gif
. But if the Magic want any kind of cohesiveness next year, Rafer has to go, because Jameer IS the better guard, butthey just brought him back a bit too early. Gortat, Polish Hammer, go ahead and get paid.
pimp.gif
. If the Magic care to keep you, more power to them, but go somewhere that you'll start at, Dallas maybe?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
. Before I mention Hedo.. Shard it's too bad you fell asleep in all the losses in the Finals, becausenow people will forget how damn great you played in these Playoffs. I hope he continues to keep his head up, and keep truckin', because he's not goingto share the backcourt /w Hedo anymore... Yeah, Hedo Turkoglu is gone IMO. Unless the Magic are willing to put down some major Rashard Lewis-esque $$$, Hedo isas good as gone. Great year from him, and he'll get paid wherever he goes. He deserves to. Dude can put the ball on the floor, dude can pass the ball, hecan shoot, and he's clutch. I honestly want him to go to a different team, because this isn't the right environment for him IMO. Dwight, get your headon straight, work the entire summer on the offensive end, because you got a lot of work ahead of you. Before I get onto the Lakers, Fat Man Gundy is a realhumble, nice guy, but you got to go. He's not a good coach, he's the white version of Mike Brown, I'm tired of this dude, sit down in favor of abetter coach.

Now onto the World Champion Lakers...
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. First things first, I've been pulling the Lakers fans legs all Finals talking how much I hate them and wantthe Magic to win. Secondly, DAMN that hat Phil Jackson wore was
pimp.gif
, dude is definitely the best coach ever IMO. I DID want the Magic to win, and I wasrooting for them, but I'm happy for the Lakers. They had a fantastic year, a very solid NBA Playoffs, and played like a TEAM this whole Playoffs, theydeserved it. So, I wonder how Sasha Vujasuck feels that he didn't score a single point in the Finals, good job scrub.
roll.gif
. Lamar Candyman Odamn!! Thisdude pulled off two of the best layups in game 5 that I've ever seen in my LIFE.
laugh.gif
. He really put up some courageous efforts the entire Playoffs, heshowed that he isn't as soft as his other Lakers front-line teammates. I'm happy for Odom. I also hope the Lakers pay him very generously this year, hedeserves every bit of it. He shut up when he was moved to the bench in favor of Bynum (who I'll get to later
smh.gif
). He did it for them when they needed him,he made big plays, he made MONEY plays that get you that $. Hopefully him and Ariza won't fold now that they're both going to get paid. Ariza, you arethe $%%@%%@ man..
pimp.gif
. Dude made key play after key play after key play AFTER KEY DAMN PLAY for the Lakers in game four. Dude shot nearly 50% from deep, madesome great plays, and has earned him a lot of money this off-season, whether it's with LA or not. It's really funny that Orlando traded him for Cookand let the big piece of that deal go in Mo Evans. Shannon Brown, good job given the minutes you had, shooting well from deep, playing hard, earning yourcontract, earning your ring
pimp.gif
. Fisher way to keep up with the young guns this year, even though your flopping irritates me to no end. You have now gaveHUNDREDS of NikeTalk users a new .gif to use of your smile.
roll.gif
. Luke, even you made some plays that made me raise my eyebrows these Playoffs. Bynum, yougot a lot of damn work to do son. Work on your post moves, your hands are getting better, but you showed that the Lakers have a lot of work to do with you.It's really a shame you got such a fat contract so early. You better live up to it.
smh.gif
So before Kobe, there's that big Spaniard Pau Gasol, I have alove/hate relationship with this dude. I absolutely LOVED him when he was with the Grizz, but then he was GIVEN to the Lakers for a bag of cookies,
tired.gif
smh.gif
. But he has worked hard and done what the Lakers have asked of him, being the second option behind Kobe, and has excelled at doing so. He's probably thesecond-player on the Lakers I'm happy to see get his ring this year. Pau took no crap from no one, made some HUGE plays, played the boards well, and evenmade some defensive stops. Congratulations to Pau Gasol. Kobe, what is there to say. You played amazing during the Playoffs, averaging 30, 5 and 5, they threweverything at him except the kitchen sink and he still got it done. Four championships, you no longer have the stigma that you need Shaq, good luck gettingyour fifth ring.
pimp.gif

So another year, another NBA season. Great year, break-out players, huge games, some great teams, and the Lakers back on top once again. It's going to be afun off-season with the draft in a few weeks, and then free-agency market. I know there's not much hype about this draft class, but I like all theprospects, guys like Rubio, Jennings, Flynn, Hill, Harden, Curry, hell even Psycho T!
roll.gif
. It's been a pleasure this year, and as a fellow fan of theNBA moreso than an individual team nowadays (I see you SHUGHES! see you in October my dude,
laugh.gif
frown.gif
), cheers to a good 2008-2009 season, and lets have anawesome 2009-2010 season!

Once again, goodjob Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom