[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Also people that call in are a buncha goddamn morons.

The likes of people that want to hire George Karl and go get LeBron and kd

We have a really stupid fan base. :lol:

Last edited:

We have a really stupid fan base. :lol:

All sport fanbases are like this.

It just bevomes more noticeable when you are losing

We have a really stupid fan base.
laugh.gif
society that lives off of instant gratification 

Since we always talk about random **** in here. I can't get excited for College basketball. Every year I try but I can't do it, I just wait till the final 4 and watch it and I still don't give a damn who wins. Now that I think about it the last year I was really into it was the Derrick Rose Memphis team.

And fwiw he's convinced they're fixing the lottery for the Lakers

The dream scenario. Kansas vs Duke in the NCAA Final, ala 1979.

Lo and behold, the Lakers and Celtics win the #1-2 picks. :nerd:

Confirms that Adam Silver is already more crooked than David Stern. :lol: :pimp:

*probably none of this will happen, but if it did, the internet would riot.

Confirms that Adam Silver is already more crooked than David Stern. :lol: :pimp:

*probably none of this will happen, but if it did, the internet would riot.[/quote]

Ive been saying this for the past few months

NBA needs the Lakers

1) Lakers
2) Celtics
3) Bucks
4) Magic
5) Philly

12)Wolves

Wolves offer us K Love for the 1st pick overall, Mitch will demand their 12th pick...

Exum lets everyone know he will only play for the Lakers, teams will stay away from him

We get K Love and Exum with the 12th pick

Sign Gasol and Deng....offer them 10 mill a year

C- Gasol
PF - Love
SF - Deng
SG - Kobe
PG - Exum

SMOKIN:

Last edited:
^^ I don't know what's more unlikely in that scenario, Twolves giving us their 12th pick along with their franchise player OR Exum being available at number 12

True, if the Lakers were 6 or 7 I can see it maybe working, but all the way to 12 seems like a lot.

What exactly happens if a player never wants to come over to the team that drafts them?

True, if the Lakers were 6 or 7 I can see it maybe working, but all the way to 12 seems like a lot.

What exactly happens if a player never wants to come over to the team that drafts them?
if that player ever wants to play in the NBA, the team that drafted him has his rights

Yep. He has no rights, unless the team is willing to trade him or buy him out, which they have zero incentive to do.

Otherwise every Euro would be in NY or LA.

Riding down slauson and I see a huge billboard with pictures of Chris Paul and Blake with the caption "best show in town"...

gtb.avy

*probably none of this will happen, but if it did, the internet would riot.

Ive been saying this for the past few months

NBA needs the Lakers

1) Lakers
2) Celtics
3) Bucks
4) Magic
5) Philly
12)Wolves

Wolves offer us K Love for the 1st pick overall, Mitch will demand their 12th pick...

Exum lets everyone know he will only play for the Lakers, teams will stay away from him

We get K Love and Exum with the 12th pick

Sign Gasol and Deng....offer them 10 mill a year

C- Gasol
PF - Love
SF - Deng
SG - Kobe
PG - Exum

SMOKIN:[/quote]

I wouldn't be diametrically opposed to this, but no way Exum is falling to 12. Maybe we could do a 3 way with Philly or something since they have NO's pick as well. I don't want any parts of Deng or Pau back though. Kobe+Love+Exum this season. Add Booz for cheap after the buyout and resign the young guys and we could be a middle playoff seed for next season.

Here's my scenario:

We get the No. 1 or No. 2 pick. We draft for Philly (Embiid, Parker, Wiggins). PHI gets 4 or 5 and drafts Exum and trades him to us; they use the Pelicans pick (hopefully they falter down the stretch) to draft someone else that the T'Wolves want. T'Wolves use their own pick as well and trade us Love, we give them Pau...everyone's happy and we've shaved an entire year off the rebuild.

Actually may work better with the Cavs since they have more 1st round picks.

Last edited:
Caveat to Kevin Love:

Don't bank on him being a Laker. If he hits Free Agency, it's likely. But, if the Wolves trade him before he hits Free Agency, he'll probably be a Celtic.

No that doesn't add urgency to trade the pick because 1 first won't get it done anyway. Wolves can wait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom