lakers fans in other cities

Everytime I watch a road lakers game, it's amazing how many yellow shirts and lakers fans you can spot in the crowd. What do you guys think of lakers fansin other cities? Obviously, they all jumped on the bandwagon, considering they don't live in LA. Honestly, they make me laugh everytime I turn on a game.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

so you cant be a fan of a team from a different city?

interesting
Well, that is perfectly fine, but I can't help but think that the reason for so many lakers fans out there is that the team has the bestrecord and has been winning championships

Born and raised in San Diego.

I'm a Laker fan. San Diego has been a home network for Laker Home games since the 80s through Prime Ticket and then making the change to FSNWest.

But I have fam in LA and the Bay and they're Laker fans. It's a Cali thing I suppose.

I have homies in SD that claim to be Clipper fans since the Clips were originally from SD. Funny thing is, it's rare they ever air Clipper games in SD onCW, and even if they had League Pass, the games are blacked out.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

so you cant be a fan of a team from a different city?

interesting
Well, that is perfectly fine, but I can't help but think that the reason for so many lakers fans out there is that the team has the best record and has been winning championships

why else would you like a team? its not like the Lakers JUST started winning. Theyve BEEN winning rings for decades. They've been to the Finals 6 timesin Kobe's career alone...and Magic won 5 rings in his era. Theyre a successful team in a big market with flashy players

really though, Im playin devils advocate

I have a bigger issue when the visiting teams has more "fans" in the stands than the home team. I say that specifically about Boston Red Sox"fans". 10 years ago, I never saw a Red Sox fan at a Mariners game, but now when the Bo Sox come to Safeco Field, it looks like Fenway West....andyou cant tell me there are THAT many Boston to Seattle transplants out here.

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

what about chicago bulls fan? weren't everyone wearing a bulls jersey because of jordan back than.
they're lakers fans now

I was born and raised in Japan (mom was in the Air Force) I became a Laker fan because I hated micheal Jordan and for some reason I really liked Nick Van Exeland eddie Jones, and trust me they were no where near the best record......I now live in Texas

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

what about chicago bulls fan? weren't everyone wearing a bulls jersey because of jordan back than.
they're lakers fans now
laugh.gif

In middle school and HS, everyone was a Jordan fan. Then Shaq/Kobe did their thing in 2000 and everyone became a Laker fan.

I stood on the sinking boat like the musicians in Titanic
frown.gif

OP's an idiot.

Just because you live in another city, doesn't mean your a bandwagon fan..

smh.gif

Laker fans not from LA (like Bay Area Laker fans) are the worst.

They go out of their way to @#$% on the local team whenever possible and always use the "we have more championship rings" argument
sick.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

OP's an idiot.

Just because you live in another city, doesn't mean your a bandwagon fan..

smh.gif
You're right but most of the time that's the case though. My friend's brother is a Lakers/Colts/USC fan
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a Laker fan born and raised in Los Angeles and I appreciate it when I see Laker fans at opponent's arenas. It's not like they're allbandwagoners. From 05-07 when the Lakers were bad there were still tons of Laker fans showing up everywhere. They're just one of the greatest sportsfranchises in history so obviously people appreciate greatness no matter where they're from.

Sacramento Laker's 'fans' were at about a 60-40 ratio during their game this week. Bandwagoners.. I'm sure that they are the same'fans' that were claiming warriors during their playoff run.

Back
Top Bottom