Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@SerenaWinters 12 minutes ago
Mitch Kupchak said it's a little early to tell, but "I don’t see why we don’t contend for a playoff spot."

@Mike_Bresnahan 12 minutes ago
Kupchak on Nick Young: "I do see him being a core player this year." Said Young's defense would have to improve, though.

@Lakers 11 minutes ago
Kupchak on Nick Young: "He has to convince our coaching staff that he can play within our system & that doesn’t just mean scoring the ball."

@Lakers 8 minutes ago
Kupchak on Kobe Bryant: "I saw him last week and he looked great and he had full range of motion in his shoulder."

@Mike_Bresnahan 8 minutes ago
Roy Hibbert waived part of his trade kicker to make a deal work with the Lakers, Kupchak said. Kicker was initially about $2.5 million.

@Lakerholicz 7 minutes ago
Lakers still have $2.8 million to spend in free agency.

@Lakerholicz 15 minutes ago
Jordan Clarkson after the All-Star break last season: 16.7 points, 5.4 assists, 4.6 rebounds, 1.0 steal in 32.6 minutes per game.

:x

CJhFmrHVEAACuNq.jpg

Lakers official Twitter account just retweeted that picture, MGM.

The $2.8mil that can be spent will be wasted unless they clear this roster a bit.

Just a 1-12...

Starting Lineup:

PG: Russell
SG: Clarkson
SF: Kobe
PF: Randle
C: Hibbert

6: Lou Williams
7: Swaggy P
8: Bass

Those 8 are guarantees.

We then have 7 guys (J. Brown, A. Brown, Nance Jr., Kelly, Black, Upshaw, Sacre)

The bottom half of that lineup is a mess. It's really not benefitting anybody.

Sacre & Kelly need to be let go.

Black, Upshaw, Nance make the roster.. Use the $2.8mil on a PG or SF.

A. Brown & J. Brown in the DLeague.

Or Upshaw in DLeague to get his conditioning up. Sacre stays.. Cut Kelly & J. Brown

Last edited:
Usually the Lakers stay at MGM...I'm pretty sure they are again. However on Mason & Ireland they were plugging the Palms all day. Mason and Ireland will be broadcasting from the Thomas & Mack tomorrow.

Cant wait. Havent been this excited in years

Kelly sacre and nick young need to go tho

We will probably have to give up a draft pick for a team to accept nick young tho

Can you imagine young kobe and lou on the floor at the same time?

We will probably have to give up a draft pick for a team to accept nick young tho

Could just wait until next season when he's a bargain compared to everybody who will be signing.

I had to double check this when Iman signed his deal, but the past 2 seasons, Iman Shumpert is a far worse on-ball defender. Even though that's what people want to hang their hat on for him. He's not a better shooter. He just got $10mil a year. With cap going up, a guy like that could get $13-14mil. Nick on 2 year / $11mil. Wouldn't be hard to get rid of him, if that's the route they choose next year.

Updated Salary Cap, give or take money on the Bass deal.

View media item 1622029

Where we stand:

2015-16: We can offer the $2.8mil Room Exception to a player. We were able to go over the cap slightly by trading for Hibbert last.

2016-17: If we keep all of the players, extend Qualifying offers, Bass opts in, and the Room Exception player is here for a second year, we have about $2mil on top of the ability to sign TWO 30% max players.

If we trade Nick Young, let Ryan Kelly & Jabari Brown go. And the room exception player or Bass decide to leave, we can offer Roy Hibbert a contract that starts at around $13mil, and be within $2mil of TWO 30% max players. But would have the ability for a 30% max + 25% max.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom