Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right...

So the Cavs were just better then? Up 20? Nothing Thibbs could do about that, right?

They didn't really need to rebound that hard after said quarter? But still beat them in the end in o rebs and 2nd chance points?

Game was over. Nothing to do with Thibbs "coaching"

:pimp: :pimp:

In the playoffs, a team can never have a better quarter than the other. Or teams don't get hot. See Josh Smith lighting up the Clippers or Austin Rivers lighting up the Rockets. Or Jason Terry giving LeBron the tallest glass of shut up juice in the finals a while back. That stuff NEVER happens.

The argument is Thibs coaching is why they lost a winnable series they had control of. It was Game 2. Bulls win Game 3. Had total control of Game 4 up by 10 going into the 4th. Could have gone up 3-1, and just needed to win 1 of 3. Yet horrible offense set after horrible offensive set, and they BLEW it. Or Game 6 when down by 15, they hold Cavs to 9 points in 8 minutes, and the lead actually got bigger due to a horrible offense.

But yes, think your point is made. Because even despite out rebounding them and more 2nd chance points in Game 2 they still were -5 to the Bulls in Quarters 2-4. When quarter 1 was the determinant of the game, and had nothing to do with rebounding.

Last edited:
Thibbs sucks.

He's better than Byron tho. So..... :lol:

Just hope he doesn't go to New Orleans to ruin AD's career. :frown:

I almost tossed my TV out the window wen dude had Noah handling the ball at the 3 point line while down 15 with like 5 min left

[quote name="CP1708"]Thibbs sucks.

He's better than Byron tho. So..... :lol: [/quote]Tru.

Its really disturbing to really sit and think how bad Byron really is at coaching lol
Like actually calmly and objectively thinking about Byron and his coaching.....sends me in mental loops. Just can't understand it.

Let me revisit something I've brought up before, though: Phil, Pop, Riley, other heralded coaches always had NICE rosters.

Realistically, what do you think the ceiling would be for this roster coached by PJax?

Pop drops everything, wants the challenge of a complete rebuild. How good are we next year then?

With this roster. Injured & aged Kobe. Fresh & recovering Randle. Wack Young. Everything.

OOOOORRRRR...

Do you think that part of top tier coaching includes revamping the roster to a higher quality? "Alright, he's out, he's out, he's out, and he's skating on thin ice. Who's available? Ok, I like him, him, and let's see if we can work something out for him. If not, no biggie. Alright, make it happen. I'm going down to the practice facility now."

Last edited:
Zach Lowe:
Waiting a year, either in Chicago or as a coaching free agent, also carries one big benefit: the possibility of the Lakers job opening once Byron Scott’s placeholder timetable expires and the Lakers are (theoretically) ready to get good again.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/a-eulogy-for-if-only-the-bulls-as-we-know-them-are-probably-done/

WELP!

I don't like Thibs. But he's better than Byron. If Mitch can get in an offensive coordinator and keep Thibs from drawing up plays, and tell him, he has to limit minutes. Then that's pleasing enough for me.

As for something later in the article, We can all hope Jimmy Butler pulls a Greg Monroe.

Last edited:
Let me revisit something I've brought up before, though: Phil, Pop, Riley, other heralded coaches always had NICE rosters.

Realistically, what do you think the ceiling would be for this roster coached by PJax?

Pop drops everything, wants the challenge of a complete rebuild. How good are we next year then?

With this roster. Injured & aged Kobe. Fresh & recovering Randle. Wack Young. Everything.

OOOOORRRRR...

Do you think that part of top tier coaching includes revamping the roster to a higher quality. "Alright, he's out, he's out, he's out, and he's sitting on thin ice. Who's available? Ok, I like him, him, and let's see if we can work something out for him. If not, no biggie. Alright, make it happen. I'm going down to the practice facility now."

Too many variables. Would Kobe still be injured if Phil was coaching, vs Byron? Phil was resting Kobe in 2011, Scott was gassin him in 2015.

Would Duncan/Manu/Parker be playing in 2015, if Thibbs was their coach in 2012?

Healthy Dwight, healthy Kobe, old but healthy Nash, old but healthy Pau, full training camp, system in place, MDA gets some noise made in 2013. Give him all those wack injuries, and they go out with a whimper.

One of the "hidden" benefits to my own personal goal of going into the tank for 2 years. Get picks, get cheap, but also, get YOUNG. Then, grow them into vets, let nature take its course. My worry/concern, is finding the coach to go with that young core, to grow/develop with them over time. Scott ain't that guy. Thibbs ain't that guy. Monty may not be that guy either, but I rather give him a shot than those other two. Ollie woulda been nice, but wanna know the name I wish we had right now?

You'll like it.

Jason Kidd.

Bucks are lucky to have him, I don't know if he will improve and grow over time, but he was pretty damn good this year, without Jabari. He might have a bright future as a head coach with the right parts/money/FO surrounding him. Will he have all that in Milwaukee? I doubt it, and he may come up short because of it. But in a place like LA, he could flourish.

Same as a guy I back that got jobbed in another city that didn't have the clout to go all the way, 100% to win it all, tried to be cheap and win it all at 85% capacity.

[quote name="MoonMan818"]Coach K
Thibs
D' Antoni

Do it Mitch.[/quote]Kruskesykzksyski ain't leaving Duke.

But...

Coach K[idd]
Thibs
D' Antoni

... could work. :nerd:

:smokin

ebanks, gold lock, morris, sacre kelly, caracter. lol that fascination with midgets.

dfisher, excel,

OOOOORRRRR...

Do you think that part of top tier coaching includes revamping the roster to a higher quality? "Alright, he's out, he's out, he's out, and he's skating on thin ice. Who's available? Ok, I like him, him, and let's see if we can work something out for him. If not, no biggie. Alright, make it happen. I'm going down to the practice facility now."

This is why I really think PJax's 2005-2006 was his best job at coaching.

Why do I say this? He came back for his second coaching stint with a horrible roster built around Kobe with: Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Odom.

Yes he and the Lakers didn't win a championship that season. But the fact he somehow got that team into the playoffs that and also mainly due to Kobe playing out his mind and carrying that Laker team that season was an incredible coaching job.

I honestly don't see any other high profile coach like Poppvich, Riley or someone else being able to coach that team in a loaded western conference into making the playoffs.

The knock on PJax was that him and the triangle offense wouldn't work with 2 superstar players on teams that he coached.

Last edited:
kobe-game-winner-over-suns-o.gif

Duke’s Justise Winslow could help Lakers’ perimeter defense

Out of the corner of his eye, Duke forward Justise Winslow saw something on the television screen that instantly became visually appealing.

Himself.

A TV in the media work room here at the NBA pre-draft combine showed the ACC championship game between Duke and Notre Dame, one of many contests that cemented Winslow as a lottery pick.

“Decent shot fake,” Winslow joked.

Plenty more reasons emerged on why Winslow talked to 14 NBA teams in the past two days, including the Lakers. After helping the Blue Devils to a national championship, Winslow has sparked comparison’s to Chicago’s Jimmy Butler and San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard because of his perimeter defense, 40 percent mark from three-point range and athleticism.

The Lakers sure could use that help after finishing 29th out of 30 NBA teams in total defense. Wesley Johnson’s inconsistency leaves the Lakers with mixed feelings on whether they will re-sign him as a free agent. Nick Young’s 13.4 points per game average on a career-low 36.6 percent clip will prompt the Lakers to entertain trade offers. And after averaging 14.3 points and 9.3 rebounds through six NCAA Tournament games, Winslow reported optimism on how that will translate to the NBA.

“There’s an immediate impact I can have,” said the 6-foot-6, 225-pound Winslow. “There’s potential down the road for me to be a great player on both ends of the court.”

Winslow sounded enthusiastic about fulfilling that job description for the Lakers, whom he called a “very professional group” and a “winning organization.” Though Winslow has not met Kobe Bryant as he has with New York’s Carmelo Anthony, Bryant represented one of many stars Winslow has tried to emulate.

“He’s one of the hardest workers the NBA has probably ever seen. With all the adversity he’s gone through, he still has winning mentality and a killer instinct,” Winslow said of Bryant. “The things I try to take away from Kobe is he uses angles very well. He’s a very smart player. As much as I can, I try to incorporate angles in its simplest form.”

Winslow also plans to improve on his lateral quickness and defending pick-and-rolls. But Winslow has climbed to the top-five in most NBA mock drafts namely because of his versatility.

“I’m ready to have an impact right away,” Winslow said. “If I was a GM, I would pick myself.”
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150515/dukes-justise-winslow-could-help-lakers-perimeter-defense

I don't know. Some days he's my #2, other days he's #5.

Would be great to get a two way swingman (biggest need after a center), but at the same time a swingman could be attainable later on.

So nervous for Tuesday brahs. I seent it in a dream but it could just be me trying to eminate positive vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom