LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

I know exactly the play you were talking about KB8 when Cook was dribbling towards the middle of the floor. Serious, I'm a thousand miles away and i honestly ducked when he was dribbling. He's like the only guy that I just hope if he catches it, he'll shoot it. That's a better alternative then him A passing, B dribbling, or C getting called for an offensive foul while trying to shoot, dribble, pass all at the same time. Dude just scares me. :lol:
laugh.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

SoHi 23:
Do you think the Lakers will give Bynum 75 mil in 2009?

I would
Alright, look at the improvement he made between coming out of high school and then playing his first season with the Lakers ('06-'07).

Then look at the improvement he made in the summer of '07, between the '06-'07 season and the current season ('07-'08).

If he continues that sort of offseason improvement this summer, then I would AB... SOOO... LUTELY... secure him up through 2_ _ _ for $75 mil.

How much is that $75 mil supposed to secure him for anyways?

shoot that should be for 10 years at least

mihm was serviceable before the ankle injury (8-11 points and 5-7 rebounds), but now it's just
frown.gif
every time i see him.

Oh, I definitely wouldn't move Bynum for Jermaine. No way. I wasn't saying before that Bynum is terrible; I was just saying that the statement that he's better than Shaq was at his age is ridiculous. I like Bynum. I think the Lakers front office is hyping him too much (no Kidd deal last year because the Nets wanted Bynum?!), but I do like the kid.

I think he could be a solid contributor, but I think the Lakers FO thinks he could be a perennial All Star, and I just don't see it.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Heres the deal with Rad^^. If he gets an open look and it's a miss, he'll look to be effective. If no open look when he first gets in he's a spacecadet. If he hits his first open look he can hit up to 6-7 3's in a single game also mixing up his offense.

He has to get that first open look when he gets in. That's sad it's that way but for him to be a factor someone needs to make sure he gets a look.Kobe.

Odom is being aggressive because Kobe is playing injured but still he makes stupid mistakes the 2nd best player on the team shouldn't make. Arizadoesn't do that type of stuff. Speaking of Ariza he needs to workout with Kobe this offseason to become a Pippen.

Lastly, we need Kidd to get over the hump. Losses like this have been a thorn in our side for 3 years now.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

i would make that trade in a heartbeat.
A 1st rounder(or 2 ), Mihm, Kwame, and the White Mamba for Kidd
eek.gif

Then we would have
Kidd/Farmar
Kobe/Crit/Ariza
Luke/Radman/Luke
Odom/Turiaf
Bynam/Turiaf

Kidd would probably make Odom look like an all-star a la Shawn Marrion(like Tupac said)
Ourfront line would become very shallow, but Im sure there will be a big man from the Nets included in the trade

Thats the only thing I don't like. Turiaf at the 5 just won't work. He can't get boards there. Didn't we have a 7 footer we cut during thepre season? And I know they had another kid that kinda looked like dwight howard but damn sure didn't play like him. They might have to call those kids upbut I believe a back court of kidd and kobe with lamar at the 3 would be great.

We just had a very tough homestand to end the year...and man, was that loss to Boston tough.

But look on the brightside guys, we were 2-1 on a tough homestand, against 3 of the best teams in the NBA. Slowly, but surely, things are getting better inLakerland.
pimp.gif

guess i'm not the only one stumped by this....the fool is the biggest mystery along with that asian chick. also how do you change ur sig on yuku...i wannaadd team lakers to mine

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I wouldn't mind CWebb, but I really don't want J.O., and I especially don't want him for Odom AND Kwame. He'll do little more for us than Kwame, so we shouldn't be giving up a lot more than Kwame.

Dude is Mr. Glass., right along with Tyson Chandler.

I hope they're looking at CWebb.

And trade Odom for RON ARTEST. They'd fill the same role, play the same position, except Ronnie's better. Exponentially.

Remember, Rodman worked out GREAT for Phil.

Phil has stated he wouldn't coach artest unless kobe was on board with it. I wouldn't mind seeing artest here. I just know is lamar's time isup.

What team would be stupid enough to accept an one for one Odom trade ? Unless you throw in Farmar, Bynum or Kwame. I think the Lakers should seriously go aftersome D leaguers . Go shop for someone who can play the defense and has a decent perimeter game. Sasha has got to be related to the Bush family or Kupchakebecause he is trash and i can't see why the Lakers don't trade him for the past 3 years.

If they could move Odom for Marion i'll be happy. A straight up deal would be perfect for this team. In the Past Odom was more vital to the offense becausehe was literally the best Ball handler on the floor besides kobe. Now with A vet like D-fish, And a Improved Farmar he's no longer needed. Yes he reboundswell, but Marion is Better. He's a liability on Defense, Marion is a Stopper. Odom could score, Marion scores more. Basically my point is Marion is abetter player.

Although either way they both dissapear in the Playoffs atleast we would have someone who can guard all four positions on the floor well.

Good, then we're all on the same page. I would have been ok with moving Bynum for KG, but I'm not packaging him AND Odom for JO who would get hurt a month later. I think him and Turiaf together are a nice combo. Young, hustle, good size, they could really help us out this year if they keep working and learning. I also hope some of Ronny's ferociousness (sp?) rubs off on Andrew. That would really help Bynum out.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

Originally Posted by tupac003

^ I didn't get the pro cut I got the swingman. That's all I saw there but when I saw a 4xl I had to scoop it because I was told that they didn't make them. I just wonder if they make the shooting jacket in a 4xl.

Lakers fans...

I know I wanted a J. Kidd deal....now I am thinking this roster is pretty good. We could trade kwame because we have been doing well without him but i do know that if a J. Kidd deal did happen it can not include farmar. Give them crit but famar must stay.
I'm telling you Kwame's expiring contract + pick for Ron Artest

i would think if they got j-wright that they would try to play him at some PF. is there any way to get sean williams from the nets? i love how he plays.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I think if Kwame can be re-signed for another 2 years - cheap, IMO he's a solid backup for bynum.

Mind you, I said backup. His defense and body is what we need, we all know he's lost on offense, but we don't need him to score. People keep saying we're waiting for kwame to bust out and have superstar like numbers .... that will never happen kwame is a backup, that's all he'll ever be.

what other big body backup can we have for bynum? Mihm - hell no. Name a center we can get cheap?

I agree with this 100%.

Mihm is just awful.

This is good news and good sign that Bynum's injury isnt serious at all:

Hmm they had a 10am shoot around at Staples this morning ? I wonder what time they left LA for Seattle ?

tupac003 wrote:
KLAC 570 is reporting that magic johnson is saying the kidd deal is going to happen with lamar staying........

Lets see what happens.
Dear baby Jesus, I know it's been awhile, and I apologize for that. But please hear this request from me. See, there's this team, the LosAngeles Lakers. They're my favoritest. And there's this guy, Jason Kidd. He's my favoritest. Please put them together. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom