LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

^
laugh.gif
presequel wrote:
Raja got one game.
Oh. My fault.

I guess that (and other 1-game suspensions from the last 5 years or so) would be why Lamar only got 1 game. Because although I am thoroughly disgusted withwhat Lamar did, there's no way it was worse than what Raja did.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Season Lakers Thread = :smh:
smh.gif

Game Thread x Separate News Threads = :pimp:
pimp.gif
W....I....L....L....I....A....M....S​

^Of course we do. There is a lot of basketball to be played. For all we know, we could win the rest of our games.
laugh.gif

Bynum better than Shaq at 20 :lol:
laugh.gif

He's got potential, but let's be serious now. People are so ready to anoint the young athlete as the next coming of Hall of Famer X. Like every football analyst calling AD the next coming of Sayers, Payton, Marcus AND OJ.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

I haven't kept up with the whole Kobe ordeal, someone want to fill me in? He's been pretty quiet hasn't he? I dont' know, but it seems like ifI were him, and I saw how well his team was doing, I'd reconsider, but maybe thats just me.

dont trade farmar!!...trade odumb that guys wack i swear...idk maybe because i expected PLENTY from him since he was the main piece for the shaq trade butj.kidd on the Lakers man I FEEL U SKA...he is my favorite non-Laker

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I don't get it.
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

8 weeks? For a dislocated kneecap?

That doesn't seem right.

That being said, I expect to be play about .700 ball while he's out, and still be fine for at LEAST a second round meeting with someone.

I was going to write an explanation but I think this source sums it up pretty well. Basically is for precautionary reasons, since AB does have a historyof knee problems.
[h2]What is a patellar dislocation?[/h2]
A dislocation of the patella occurs when the kneecap comes completely out of its groove, and rests on the outside of the knee joint. Kneecap dislocations usually occur as a significant injury the first time the injury occurs, but the kneecap may dilocate much more easily after the first injury.
Why do kneecap dislocations become a recurrent problem?
When the kneecap comes out of joint the first time, ligaments that were holding the kneecap in position are torn. The most commonly torn structure is called the medial patellofemoral ligament, or MPFL. This ligament secures the patella to the inside (medial) of the knee. When a kneecap dislocation occurs, something must fail to allow the kneecap out of the groove, and usually it is the MPFL.

Once the MPFL is torn, it often does not heal with proper tension, and the kneecap can subsequently dislocate more easily. That is why recurrent dislocation of the kneecap occurs in a high percentage of patients who have this injury.

What can be done to treat a kneecap dislocation?
Traditionally, kneecap dislocations were treated by bracing a patient, and allowing the MPFL to heal. Unfortunately, bracing does not seem to be terribly effective, and no matter how long a brace is worn after a kneecap dislocation, the redislocation rate is still quite high.

In patients who have recurrent (repeat) dislocations, there are surgical options. The usual treatment is to loosen the lateral (outside) ligaments that pull the kneecap; a so-called lateral release. At the same time, the muscle of the medial side of the knee (the VMO) is advanced to pull the kneecap more centrally.

What about surgery after a first-time kneecap dislocation?
Recent interest has developed in preventing these recurrent dislocations. Each time the kneecap dislocates, the cartilage can be injured, and the ligaments can become more stretched out. Some surgeons are trying to restore the normal anatomy by repairing the MPFL after a first-time dislocation. This surgery is controversial, because not all patients who dislocate their kneecap will have another dislocation. However, some patients would rather have the ligament repaired in an effort to lower the chance of having this become a repeat problem.

I just love to watch the hustle, you can feel the good competition and chemistry growing on the team as the season progress. I just love it watching the youngguys getting at themselves for miss free throws and miss 3's, a sign that they want to be the best.

I'm starting to think Lakers-Sasha-Vlad= Blowouts

I'm so glad that Ronny is scheduled to play this Sunday vs. G.S.

Mihm's ankle still bothering him is not a good sign.

The Jason Kidd trade proposal doesn't make sense for the Nets, so I don't think it will happen.

NOOOOOOOO!! More playing time for Butterfingers and is the space cadet still on the team? This comes at the absolutely worst time with 4 of our toughest gamescoming up PHX, DEN, SA, DAL. Hopefully he can go in a hyperbolic chamber like T.O. does and heal quicker, guess Kobe is gonna have to resort to 40+ every nightfor us to stay afloat.

Slow Motion: I agree 110% to the 5th power. If Kwame decided to be a Rodman 2.0 with him being bigger, stronger, and dare I say quicker he could beast boardslike Dwight Howard is. Dude is 7' and he seems to be able to grab the ball but cannot finish a shot to save his life.

I think Phil should get in his ear and bring out tape of Dennis from Detroit, Spurs, and Bulls days.

Kobe will have flashbacks of 2001 and 02 tonight. Cutting the Spurs hearts out and super clutch if needed.

I like this deal if that's all there is. No Farmar, no Critt?

Not really true...They said the deal would include Farmar, and Kwame. Of course this deal MUST include Lamar Odom for it to work.

Kidd's contract puts a halt on a potential deal... He's making 19 mil this season, and 21 mil next season.

lol @ you thinking you can super impose your will on NT by saying laker fans only.

that only puts blood in the water.

Trade Odom for Artest.

Let Sasha and Kwame walk...go after Elton Brand.

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Brand
Bynum

Looks decent to me.

I know this is random but I have been a huge fan my whole life and this year I even have season tickets, but I have never figured out who this guy is.

He goes to every single game and sits on the floor. White guy, seems to know everybody, and always has a paper rolled up that he claps with. I know he must berollin and that hes famous in some way.

If anyone knows thanks its been botherin me lately.

Back
Top Bottom