LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

I doubt any trade happens for kidd, because I doubt we would give up the only player they want; Bynum.

As harsh as it may sound, this is a blessing in disguise, as it gives Andrew more time to shine, and get more minutes.

Any word on Ronny's injury?

I would say that this Cavs game should go under game # 4 we let get away for no reason. Ugh.
sick.gif

The only problem is Kwame is our only interior defence guy, we need him
well his contract is almost over so yeah i dont even know if lakers even want to reup his contract. if they dont plan to they should offer thattrade

Howie (OC): Bulls-Lakers trade for you NOT involving Kobe. Why wouldn't the Lakers go after Ben Wallace? Trade Kwame's expiring contract and a player for Big Ben and a pick. The Lakers could move Ben to the 4 spot and have him focus only on defense and rebounding. This would allow Bynum to play center and stay out of foul trouble. I know about the financial impact (luxury tax for the Lakers) but doesn't this deal make too much sense for the Lakers to pass up? It moves Turiaf and Radmanovic to the bench where they belong. Wallace would be rejuvenated. The Lakers could potentially contend.

Stein: Interesting idea. My initial reaction is that the (very) expensive two-plus years after this season left on Ben's contract and his increasing offensive limitations would put the Lakers off, especially since Kwame Brown's expiring contract is one of the best chips they have left to make a move that makes Kobe happy. I imagine they'd want more of a scoring 4 man … and I struggle to picture Ben functioning in the triangle offense as a non-shooter with limited passing ability. But I also remember a very smart GM telling me once that surrounding Kobe with as many shooters and rebounders/hustlers as they can find might be the best way for the Lakers to proceed. So you could be onto something. The issue is how much quality hustling Ben has left.

Can't see how the Bulls could say no, though, if the Lakers were interested. The combination of Ben's decline and his obvious issues with Scott Skiles suggest that his Chicago numbers aren't going to pick up any time soon. So I imagine they'd find your idea hard to resist, even though bailing on Ben this soon and thereby admitting that signing him was a mistake would open the Bulls up to all sorts of new criticism.
Sounds interesting. I just don't like ben's contract.

Phil Jackson had been hoping center Kwame Brown, who did some on-court work in practice Saturday, might be about a week away from returning to game action. But Jackson said Sunday night that his medical staff has advised giving Brown's knee - he has a sprained medial collateral ligament - more time to heal. Orange County Register

We could have used kwame last night. Can't wait till he gets back.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by The Kobe Show

tupac003 - you got it sewn on?? aren't those patches iron on. i got 2 of those patches from friday's game at staples and i'm debating whether to iron it on my adidas authentic i got last year or a swingman jersey or my lakers jacket.

and as for so cal group game i think we have a better chance at getting a section from the clippers when the lakeshow visits LA's sister team.

You can iron it on but I don't like that. After a while that glue can dissolve after washes. If you sew it on its not going anywhere. I got 2 more jerseys I am going to do. I was going to get my white on done but I will keep one without the patch. I am going to get the hardwood classic done and as soon as my custom bynum comes in I will get that done.

What I did is, I ironed it on so it can stay in place, and then sewed it on.

If we get 50 or more win kobe should be mvp.

If the sonics are really going to have a fire sale

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...~2421~846~1731&teams=25~25~25~13~13&te=&cash=

MAKE IT HAPPEN MITCH!

[h2]Los Angeles Lakers[/h2]
[table][tr][th=""]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
3606.jpg
[/td] [td]
Chris Wilcox
Salary: $6,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.3 REB: 7.4 AST: 1.0 PER: 17.27
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3012.jpg
[/td] [td]
Kurt Thomas
Salary: $8,091,188 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.7 REB: 9.9 AST: 1.4 PER: 15.54
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Vladimir Radmanovic, Sasha Vujacic, Kwame Brown
sea.gif
[h2]Seattle SuperSonics[/h2]

[table][tr][th=""]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
3522.jpg
[/td] [td]
Vladimir Radmanovic
Salary: $5,632,200 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 7.4 REB: 2.7 AST: 1.6 PER: 11.37
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3844.jpg
[/td] [td]
Sasha Vujacic
Salary: $1,756,951 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.3 REB: 1.5 AST: 1.1 PER: 15.47
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3511.jpg
[/td] [td]
Kwame Brown
Salary: $9,075,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 4.7 REB: 5.0 AST: 1.4 PER: 10.77
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Chris Wilcox, Kurt Thomas

Horry's 3 pointer against the Kings. I thought we had lost that game and I felt like crap, but when Horry hit that 3, I was jumping and yelling all overthe place. Good Times

EDIT - Kobe's oop to Shaq is up there too. Especially Shaqs reaction to the dunk. Sigh, if Shaq and Kobe had stayed like that, things would be alotdifferent, but I digress

eek.gif
8 weeks? Damn Bynum was the reason why the Lakers were winning. I fullyexpect the Lakers record to plummel in the standings. I'll be surprised if they can manage a .500 record without Bynum, the lakers interior defense andoffense are gone to+#!$@%. Kwame's sorry#%@+ starting at center for 2 months, Anthony Mason aka Odom, Kobe gonna go back into scoring binge mold =monumental melt down for the Lakers.
laugh.gif

^ I believe this offseason will be crazy too, whether or not Kobe stays (or if he's even here at the end of the season or not).
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Lamar/Critt or Farmar is probably the LEAST of what we'd have to send. Bynum is going no where.

or Kwame/Farmar or Critt + more

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

^^ Thanks for the article. At least we have stability there, now we need to get a key free agent next year, and hope that Mr. Buss opens up that wallet and brings in Gilbert Arenas
pimp.gif

I'd rather the Lakers get rid of Odom to clear cap space along with Kwame, Sasha, and Mihm's expiring contracts coming off the books so we can goafter and sign Elton Brand to a max contract next summer.

Possible Options: Kurt Thomas or Pj Brown.

I think we're lacking that veteren pf/c - either one of these guys would be a solid pickup.

Would love to pick up a pf/c and sg.

Andrew Bynum continues to get more hype about his play & improvement this season:

Jim Obrien's comments from after last nights game:
"My hat is off to (Lakers general manager) for not making a move, he saw what he had," O'Brien said. "He is just a terrific talent and a huge presence inside. You can't guard Kobe one on one, and when you bring someone over to help they just drive in front of the rim and he seemed like he's eight feet tall to me tonight. His development is a credit to him, their staff and the whole organization."
Linik:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080107/SPORTS04/801070392/1247/SPORTS

Seriously, if Kwame Brown is "rock solid" defensively according to Phil, why doesn't he beast and spend 110% effort haulin down boards. Insteadof trying to work on his offensive low post moves, which he has not mastered and will not master since he is too clumsy or physically incapable due to someform of carpel dwarfism.

Consider this, if he spent 10% of his brain and emulate Rodman's game:

Crash the boards 13+ per game and provide rock solid D in the interior, would that be more valuable to this Lakers team then him trying to do a back to basketmove? We already have a lengthy center in Bynum that can be the second line of defense to driving lanes, and not to mention already has a more effectiveoffensive arsenal than Brown will have in his career, and add Mihm to the mix with his semi- fundamental hook shots.
If Kwame lose some weight and get more mobility and work on hustle plays to compensate for lack of offensive skills, a key to Rodmans success, he would reallyredeem himself and perhaps retract the title as the second Biggest 1st Pick Bust.

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

word is 4-8 weeks from Gumbygld at CL. No ligament damage or surgery needed. He's a fairly reliable source, more details will be released later to the press.
just read this on lakersground. i don't how true it is. but if this is true that means he is going to miss the road game trip at the end of the month.

That's mid March at worst, all star break at best. Not too too bad, but that's still a lot of valuable playoff poistioning we're losing not tomention having all the players on the same page together. Damn it.

Back
Top Bottom