LAKERS @ rockets 11/14

I think the rumor was actually Rip, Tayshun, and 1st rd pick. Stephen A. misspoke when he said Billups.

oh okay. I'm kinda glad that didn't happen. I'd want Billups in a deal for Kobe, but the Pistons wouldn't give it up.

I'd rather try to trade Lamar at this point. I think he's expendable, as dyyhard said, for a worthy defender/rebounder. but for who?

good win...but MAKE THE FREE THROWS...KEY WORD FREE...coach pj pLease have this team shoot free throws in practice...anyways does anyone havethat bLock kobe did on yao??!

Detroit has the best package so far, I think LA wanted them to throw Maxiell in the deal too, but Kobe has been quiet so I don't know if he sill wantes tobe traded or not. Stephen A. said that he still does (or that Dr. Buss still is trying to trade him). It would be a great deal for the Pistons, with the Eastbeing so bad, it's early, but the Celtics and Magic look like the only other good teams, so a trio of Billups, Kobe, Sheed would guarantee them a trip tothe East Finals and set up an interesting matchup with what looks like the Cs. That being said if the Lakers keep winning, I don't see how they could tradeBean.

Kobe is playing at an MVP level so far, 29, 8, 5. If not for the KG and the Celtics destroying everyone they play, he would be the leading candidate, with LeBron coming in at a close third
I would think Tmac's 29 5 5 leading his team to a 6-2 record, before tonight, should be up there ahead of Kobe and Bron.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Kobe is playing at an MVP level so far, 29, 8, 5. If not for the KG and the Celtics destroying everyone they play, he would be the leading candidate, with LeBron coming in at a close third
I would think Tmac's 29 5 5 leading his team to a 6-2 record, before tonight, should be up there ahead of Kobe and Bron.

Right, T-Macs is all offense and NOOOOOOOO DEFENSE, if thats worthy of MVP in your book, then you smokin cuz

Even Bron is beasting, and giving some good help defense/blocks...

I'm not even going to go into what Kobe can do, ask Yao, and a few other this year
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

So, Francis gets no run, and your team can't score a bucket the last 6 mins? Shouldnt you try to switch it up a little with your best player hurt?
Thing is though, it's a close game. It's going to go down to the wire. You don't put in somebody who hasn't played a minute all year in there trying to "switch things up."

You put him in because your backcourt has been playing bad this whole year, and your best offensive player is unavailable. Steve is a proven scorer that can possibly end your scoring drought which was over 6 mins at the tail end of the game. If something doesn't work, why would you stick to it?
Agreed, but let's be rational about this.

We're not even 10 games into the season.

Mike James is a better shooter than he has been 9 games in the season, thus far.

Skip is bad for the most part, but he's usually not THIS bad.

Have both G's been stinking it up? Yes. But it's doubtful that BOTH will be this bad over the course of the whole season.

As for the game, there's no way Francis gets into the game. As again, like I said. In a close game, that's going down to the wire, you just don'tplug in somebody who hasn't played a minute yet this season. Plugging a player into that type of situation, a tight game, will most likely be a liability.

What's the point if Francis can score, but his guy beats him off the dribble to score right back since Francis hasn't played at all this season, andwill most definitely not be in game shape?

With T-Mac's injury, and the poor play of both Alston and James, now Rick should start pushing Francis harder in practice, and give him some minutes earlyon to get him into game shape.

Ps - T-Mac's injury isn't that serious. He's gonna be only out a week. Hyperextended elbow.

Right, T-Macs is all offense and NOOOOOOOO DEFENSE, if thats worthy of MVP in your book, then you smokin cuz

SO cause Tmac doesn't have "highlight" blocks he shouldn't be considered in the MVP?
laugh.gif

Guess you missed his "game winning" defensive stop against Charlotte the other night.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

I'm not even going to go into what Kobe can do, ask Yao, and a few other this year
roll.gif

If T-Mac lead the Rockets to a division title, I don't see why wouldn't he be the league's MVP, all things considered.

To win the division considering Dallas and San Antonio are in there, all the while leading the league in scoring (like he was doing going into tonight) handhim the MVP award, no questions asked.

That of course though, is a big 'if'

But IF it happened. Well deserved.

That'd be the only way T-Mac wins MVP, though, IMO. Division title.

Lakers won UGLY tonight.

But a win is a win and I'll take the split from the texas two step trip.

Lakers should try and make a trade for Ron Artest.

Offer this:

Kwame: $9 million contract expiring after this year
Farmar: Nice young PG who really improved his jumpshot and 3 point range.Also the Kings will need a PG for the future since Mike Bibby will be gone thoughtrade or when he opts out.I really like Farmar and have been watching him since he was playing at UCLA for the Bruins but the Lakers are deep right now at PGwith the Veteran DFish back for 3 more years and I think Jaravis Crittenton is going to be a better PG than Farmar down the road.

Here is the problem though: The Maloof brothers HATE the Lakers with a passion and would rather kill themselves before making a trade with the Lakers thatwould help improve the Lakers.

Example: Last year at the trading deadline it was reported that Lakers GM and Kings GM Geoff Petrie had agreed on a trade of Vladamir Radmonvic for Mike Bibbybut the Maloof brothers at the last minute killed the trade because they hate the Lakers so much.

kwame played solid defense on yao tonight even though he still put up decent numbers.

Can anyone tell my the reason why Kobe's still rockin the 2k4's.

^^

NIKE is probably making him rock 2K4's right now because his Laser 2K4's are out right now and more colorways will be dropping soon within the next 2or 3 months.So NIKE wants him to promote the Laser 2K4's buy showing people whats he's wearing on the court now when a bunch of Laker games early on inthe season have been nationaly televised.

^ Artest is my second favorite player in the league.

Dude could help us out TREMENDOUSLY.

roll.gif
If T-Mac lead the Rockets to a division title, I don't see why wouldn't he be the league's MVP, all things considered.

To win the division considering Dallas and San Antonio are in there, all the while leading the league in scoring (like he was doing going into tonight) hand him the MVP award, no questions asked.

Right, Brokeback can't defend worth crap, just the Matador defense, he takes brakes on D, if you're not seeing that then I guess you're a trueRockets Fan. And you don't think Yao's performance has to do something with your record? Give me a break, the guy alters the game. Yao should begetting MVP treatment for your team, brokeback can't even stay healthy.

^^

I agree 23ska but try to come up with a solution to the problem I mentioned 2 posts back here on this thread.And no giving up Odom for Artest is over payingand not a realistic trade.When the salary cap #'s dont match up also.

Definitely, we have to ship Lamar, he doesn't compliment Kobe on the floor with the 1st unit. Don't say because its the lack of games, its been goingon for a long time. I agree trading Lamar for a good defender/rebounder, or someone who can make smart decisions. As talented as Lamar is for his size, hisreally one dimensional on the half court game. If he gets the ball with the shot clock winding down, he'll either dish out to kobe or lower his shoulder tothe basket for a charge. On defense, he's average at best, another player that plays the Matador defense, and like Luke Walton, he rides on the oppositionsback all the way to the basket on dribble penetration.

I would really consider trading Odom for Artest, or Prince

Slow Motion G35 wrote:

roll.gif

To win the division considering Dallas and San Antonio are in there, all the while leading the league in scoring (like he was doing going into tonight) hand him the MVP award, no questions asked.

Right, Brokeback can't defend worth crap, just the Matador defense, he takes brakes on D, if you're not seeing that then I guess you're a true Rockets Fan. And you don't think Yao's performance has to do something with your record? Give me a break, the guy alters the game. Yao should be getting MVP treatment for your team, brokeback can't even stay healthy.

Whoa whoa.
laugh.gif

You must be one of those dilusional Kobe fans who don't see straight. I know your kind. Hop off, seriously.
nerd.gif

T-Mac plays D. Ask Dirk two years ago in the playoffs. Ask AK-47 last year in the playoffs. That's probably the biggest misconception about T-Mac. That hedoesn't play D. He DOES. He's not first NBA defense or anything like Kobe, but he mans up.

Yao definitely has something to do with our record, but T-Mac does so much for this team.

T-Mac initiates the pick and roll with Yao. He creates basically everything on offense. He drives and dishes, creating easy shots for everybody else. Word tohis career year last year in assists at 7 a pop. Word to his 6 a year so far this season, all the while him returning to form.

Last year, people were questioning whether or not T-Mac lost 'it.' He didn't look like the same player he used to be.

How's he looking this year?

He's back, averaging 30 a game.

Leading the Rockets out the gate to a 6-2 record going into tonight.

Does Yao play a part? Yeah, he does, but with T-Mac out the game, as you saw tonight, it's easier to defend the Rockets.

Everybody knows what's going to happen. Throw the ball to Yao on the blocks.

With T-Mac in the game, it keeps defenses on their heels. Is he going to drive to the rack? Dribble pull up J? Pick and roll with Yao? Drive and dish?

T-Mac is important to this team as much as Yao is, if not moreso.

T-Mac is definitely MVP worthy if he can keep this pace up.

To say otherwise, is stupid.

All the Lakers need is JO, and IMO, they'd be set.

Trade for JO, instead of trading Kobe.

Artest isn't really the answer, although I can see why Lakers fans would want him. I'm an Artest fan myself.

The Lakers need somebody who can score in the paint on a consistant basis. Somebody who can draw a double team.

That's all there is to it.

Bynum is a nice talent, but by the time he truly pans out, Kobe will be up there in years.

Back
Top Bottom