Lakers @ Spurs 7:30 CT

Turnovers, ball movement, role players, and good rotational defense.

The difference between us and the Spurs.
Michael Jackson playing in the at&t Center
pimp.gif
my favorite part of the game.

spurs running a clinic...to the game tape...please somebody tell Reggie Evans NEVER to take a jump shot again.

the refs were terrible for both teams.
inconsistent on some calls.
lakers turned the ball over way too many times. looking real sloppy out there.
the spurs couldn't miss from downtown. i guess it's easy when you're wide open.
our bench looks solid.
chalk this one up.
hopefully we can play cleaner ball tommorow.

tip my hat to the spurs they pLayed the way they shouLd pLay...i expected this aLready they are the defending champs...we couLdnt do much against thisteam...hopefuLLy with houston pLaying tonight we can steaL one tomorrow night

could someone tell me if kobe really didnt go to the freethrow line?!?!

yup kobe never made it to the charity stripe.

bowen with the surprise offensive game. he just went crazy from the three. duncan had one of the worst offensive nights i can remember. but that just shows howdeep our team is. barry should be almost healed and can't wait to get horry back. i'm happy with this start of the season. and after tonight we arefirst in the west.

Mihm and Brown were nonexistent. SMH, why did I even start to have faith in Kwame. Fisher has problem guarding Parker, this is goes way back to championshipdays...gotta put Farmer on him at the start and even activate JCritt to help drive and kick. I know Cook DNP but damn put him on IR and activate JCritt! But noWhite Mamba sighting? He could have helped defend the perimeter.
roll.gif

*waiting to see a clip of Farmar dunking on Duncan*
Walkin Memorial wrote:
Great all around game by kobe tonight.
How so? He was 0-5 from 3.I'm not saying that he had a terrible game or that he sucs or anything like that.But 'a good all aroundgame' when he went 0-5 for three? I wouldn't call that a good all around game.Unless you don't count threes. If threes don't count, then...yeah, it was a good all around game.

i know its early but i think they must pull out the rockets game to get some more quality wins on the road like they did against phoenix

If you would have told at the beginning of the game that Duncan would be held to 5 points & 5 boards I would have guarantee a Lakers victory
smh.gif

0 FTs for Kobe
smh.gif

Tough loss, but the Spurs just played their game. Props to them. Why when the whole world knows that Bowen likes the corner 3, would you leave said playerwhen he's.......waiting for the corner three? Stand next to him, and he can't shoot that shot and he does nothing on that side of the court. Give upthe 2, not the 3. I really don't get that.
smh.gif

If Kobe wants to have a chance at beating us, he needs to go all out. The lakers are not going to win with their superstar having a mediocre game. This waspretty noticible in today's game, Timmy didn't have a great game yet we came out with the win because the rest of the team actually steps us. As forthe lakers, they expect Kobe to do everything!
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Kobe actually played well in all other aspects besides scoring. He was rebounding, sharing, being a leader on the court, and most importantly being a beast onthe defense...his normal shots just weren't falling. He had good looks and wasn't forcing anything.

Turnovers and being unable to stop the dribble penetration did us in. Turnovers were obvious...we damn near had our season average in the first half
smh.gif
How youexpect to win like that?
smh.gif

Dribble penetration which led to wideopen outside shots which everyone on the spurs hit was the theme of the night. Everytime down the floor, it was the same#*!*...high pick and roll, kick out, 3 ball, score. We couldn't stop that...that's why we lost.

On the positive note, i'm glad to see the Farmar's and Bynum's continued improvement. If they can continue to play like they have been to start theseason, we'll be a very dangerous team.

Back
Top Bottom