[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

I didn't realize how out of control this Forum has gotten. Are the Lakers that hated and does some Laker fan behavior make all this trolling/name calling acceptable?

Anyways...the Back to Back Champs cannot rely on talent over actual teamwork and they were exposed for their lack of teamwork. Leaving Peja, Peja, Kidd etc for open 3's is obscene! Add bad execution on offense, stupid fouls and not showing up (Pau) and it adds up to what's happening now. Game 1&3 showed their best available game and they let it get away (or the Mavs just stole it).

Series is over. Lakers are a mess, Pau is gone, Phil can't fix the team, Kobe is dellusional to think they can come back and Fish should finally move to the front office.

Enjoy haters while conviently forgetting the last 2 titles.

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Mavs will choke and lose 4 straight.

choking.jpg

dude just quit it. lakers choked games 1 and 3 away. sorry to say this but only thing mavs are gonna choke is the lakers into submission for the sweep....

i swear some of u have a hard time admitting defeat...

Sorry man i'm a loyal fan I dont just quit on my team, I'll keep rooting for them even though they are in a  0 - 3 hole. The series ain't over till it's over. All we have to do is get a win Sunday and force a game 5 at the staples center on Tuesday. Then They just gotta continue to  take it one game at a time that's all. I dont just give up  on the Lakers and say it's over until / if they are officially eliminated from the playoffs.I'm sure the Lakers players know whats at stake and understand they will be out of the playoffs if they lose on Sunday.For this reason I think they will fight hard to win on Sunday and keep the series Alive.No team has ever come back from a 0 - 3 defecit in a  playoffs series but it doesnt mean it can't be done.I'm just going to wish them the best for this upcoming game 4 on Sunday. I'm also obviously dissapointed that we are in a 0 - 3 hole but it is what it is/  I'm sure the Lakers Players are not thinking about game 5 , game , 6 , and game 7 they are just going on focus on winning one game at a time. God FOrbid the Lakers don't 3 - peat this year at least can Still thank the Lord My Favorite Team was able to win the CHampionship in 2009 and 2010 and i'll be grateful for those recent championships regardless of if the Lakers win another championship this year or not.

They  know they are facing elimination if they lose and I know they will be at their best on Sunday for game 4.
your loyal, but you will perish with the Lakers

You and your team ate SWELL.
get the fishing gear ready

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Mavs will choke and lose 4 straight.

choking.jpg

dude just quit it. lakers choked games 1 and 3 away. sorry to say this but only thing mavs are gonna choke is the lakers into submission for the sweep....

i swear some of u have a hard time admitting defeat...

Sorry man i'm a loyal fan I dont just quit on my team, I'll keep rooting for them even though they are in a  0 - 3 hole. The series ain't over till it's over. All we have to do is get a win Sunday and force a game 5 at the staples center on Tuesday. Then They just gotta continue to  take it one game at a time that's all. I dont just give up  on the Lakers and say it's over until / if they are officially eliminated from the playoffs.I'm sure the Lakers players know whats at stake and understand they will be out of the playoffs if they lose on Sunday.For this reason I think they will fight hard to win on Sunday and keep the series Alive.No team has ever come back from a 0 - 3 defecit in a  playoffs series but it doesnt mean it can't be done.I'm just going to wish them the best for this upcoming game 4 on Sunday. I'm also obviously dissapointed that we are in a 0 - 3 hole but it is what it is/  I'm sure the Lakers Players are not thinking about game 5 , game , 6 , and game 7 they are just going on focus on winning one game at a time. God FOrbid the Lakers don't 3 - peat this year at least can Still thank the Lord My Favorite Team was able to win the CHampionship in 2009 and 2010 and i'll be grateful for those recent championships regardless of if the Lakers win another championship this year or not.

They  know they are facing elimination if they lose and I know they will be at their best on Sunday for game 4.
your loyal, but you will perish with the Lakers

You and your team ate SWELL.
get the fishing gear ready

Originally Posted by vanexellent

I didn't realize how out of control this Forum has gotten. Are the Lakers that hated and does some Laker fan behavior make all this trolling/name calling acceptable?

Anyways...the Back to Back Champs cannot rely on talent over actual teamwork and they were exposed for their lack of teamwork. Leaving Peja, Peja, Kidd etc for open 3's is obscene! Add bad execution on offense, stupid fouls and not showing up (Pau) and it adds up to what's happening now. Game 1&3 showed their best available game and they let it get away (or the Mavs just stole it).

Series is over. Lakers are a mess, Pau is gone, Phil can't fix the team, Kobe is dellusional to think they can come back and Fish should finally move to the front office.

Kobe = 65 shots this series. 3 of those at the rim.  The whole Lakers team is settling for jumpers.

Lakers fans dish hate on Pau.

Conveniently forget he's the reason why the Lakers won 2 titles.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Kobe = 65 shots this series. 3 of those at the rim.  The whole Lakers team is settling for jumpers.

Lakers fans dish hate on Pau.

Conveniently forget he's the reason why the Lakers won 2 titles.

lets be real. Lakers are done

It was a weird season and any season without a championship having this lineup of talent is a lost opportunity....just like 2004 was

long losing streaks, losing to so many bad teams, the ups and downs

we didnt deserve a ring this year

but I'm excited about a new offense next year without the triangle and hopefully building around Bynum more

Props to the Mavs. I hope Dirk and Kidd get a ring this year, they deserve it.

lets be real. Lakers are done

It was a weird season and any season without a championship having this lineup of talent is a lost opportunity....just like 2004 was

long losing streaks, losing to so many bad teams, the ups and downs

we didnt deserve a ring this year

but I'm excited about a new offense next year without the triangle and hopefully building around Bynum more

Props to the Mavs. I hope Dirk and Kidd get a ring this year, they deserve it.

Dallas is not a contender. They are too old. Dirk doesn't have pieces around him. Kidd is too old. Tyson is too small. Tyson gets abused to much. Dirk isn't the best PF in the League. Dallas doesn't have the best bench in the League. Lakers in 4, 5, and maybe 6. The Mavericks are soft. Dirk is soft. Dirk isn't clutch, the Mavericks aren't clutch. We're the 2002 All-Star Team.

5 straight wins. Yet to lose @ home.

Dallas kept it's composure, Lakers were scrambling the ENTIRE game. This game actually should have been a lot bigger margin. We missed a CRAPTON of WIDE open shots.

Lakers played with swag, but Dallas just kept working their %##@+ of. If we end up winning it all this year, that's what's going to get it done for us.

Can we please shut up now that we aren't contenders, weren't contenders.

Can we please shut up that Dallas isn't built to try and match the Lakers, personnel wise?

Kidd and Peja are trying to get revenge for the years of anguish that the Lakers caused them.
laugh.gif

Dirk has been the best player in the post-season.

Oh and did I mention we haven't even seen our potentially second best player, and definitely our second best scorer, Caron Butler?

If we make it to the Finals, and Caron Butler is back, we aren't losing if we play the Heat.

We got disrespected ALL year, and I just always said, lets wait till the Playoffs and we'll see what happens. We get balked at saying how we can't win anything in the Playoffs. Well, we may not win it all this year, but we have the defending champs with their backs to the wall, and will have Home Court in the WCF if we make it...

Also, I'm not even going to say this series is over. Lakers can just treat this like they have 4 game 7's in a row, and win each of them. I'm not counting them out like everyone else is.

Dirk passes out of a shot and Kidd hits a game winner

Book it.

Didn't let it get to that.
pimp.gif

As for the game itself, Bynum straight murdered us. I really like Kobe's approach to this game. He was very selective with his shots, and was very efficient.

Now get Kobe back in w/ Bynum before the bench screws this up. Between Blake, Brown, and Barnes, there should not be more than 2 of them on the floor at the same time.

That's why I said earlier in this thread that this game would be rough for LA, they just aren't deep enough with Artest.

Dirk's first question.. "Do you feel like you are playing your best basketball?"

His first response, "As a team?" That's a ball players answer.
pimp.gif

Pau in means a Dallas run on the horizon.

...LAL still wins comfortably, though

laugh.gif
First time you've been wrong.

Dirk wants this, bad.

Hungriest man in the Playoffs.

Artest would not allow this **** to get 4 open 3s

He would have brought out a chainsaw and ran wild on everyone.

I don't believe we'll get the sweep, but if it happens..
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I kind of want to drag this out a little bit, I feel like if we win early, we'll come out with rust and lose G1 of the WCF, which we CANNOT do.

People called Memphians crazy for not liking him, but his play didn't represent the city.

What the hell is a Memphian.

Play of the game was Jason Terry saving the ball inbounds.

Dallas has hustled more than the Lakers this entire season, that's all it's come down to.

No offense to the mavs but no other team in the NBA will give them so many wide open 3pointers if they advance.

That's what Portland said. But when you double Dirk, it's GOING to happen. Is there a reason why we're making so many threes a game throughout these Playoffs? Yeah, you wanna double Dirk, he'll get the ball to the open player. As soon as Dallas gets doubled on Dirk, the guards line-up along the perimeter, and we see quick passes to the corner.

Chandler and Haywood have made a huge difference for the Mavs, I remember when they had the likes of Bradley, Dampier, Diop .

We won't get no credit for it though....

I'm not showing any respect to dallas and their fans on here. %+%$ being classy, ya'll still some herbs, ain't %!!$ gonna change.

Wouldn't be anything new.
laugh.gif

I can only imagine how Dallas fans are feeling right now.

It feels great, Lakers fans have hounded us for years talking about how we ain't nothing. I kept on saying, I'd love to play them, just for the chance at having a great series. First time it happens in 22 years, and we are kicking butt and taking names. But, beating the Lakers doesn't mean our job is over. If we get that 16th playoff win, that's when our job is over.

As far as my own analysis goes, JET has probably been the most consistent Maverick, yeah he had a bad game 2, and a bad game 4 in Portland, but the guy has been very efficient with his shooting, and has been taking very good care of the ball.

Also I hope people saw what Dirk has been criticized for pretty much the past four years. You saw you wanna double Dirk? Go ahead, we'll have JET or Peja hit a WIDE open three. You want to go ahead and have single coverage on Dirk? He'll torch you.

This series is doing a LOT to cement Dirk's legacy. Against the defending champs, no one expects anything from Dirk and the Mavs, they expect an easy series, and Dirk is shooting lights out. Dirk puts forth same effort we saw tonight, this might be a sweep. 56% FG shooting, 70% 3 point shooting, and 93% FT shooting against the two-time defending champs with probably the best possible players capable of stopping Dirk. Pau, no. Bynum, no. Odom, no. Artest, no. Not dissing Rose, he's done a hell of a job carrying his team, but Dirk has been THE guy thus far.

And as someone else said, CP, NK, and a lot of you other Lakers fans, props for staying classy. I mean that honestly. I really like the Lakers, and wish them the best, but just not against my team.
laugh.gif
, so I just want to make it as peaceful as it can be. Yall talk a lot of trash when you're winning, but as long as yall are respectful when that ain't happening, you guys are cool in my book.

All year, Mavs got trashed on. When we were healthy, people said "Do it in the Playoffs." Caron got hurt and we were completely discounted by EVERYONE entering this Playoffs.

We still don't have Caron, and we're 3-0 against the defending champs.

Not bad for a team that ain't contenders, eh?
wink.gif

Onto game 4.

Good luck yall.

(Realize it's hella long, but I wanted to make sure I went and read every post).

Dallas is not a contender. They are too old. Dirk doesn't have pieces around him. Kidd is too old. Tyson is too small. Tyson gets abused to much. Dirk isn't the best PF in the League. Dallas doesn't have the best bench in the League. Lakers in 4, 5, and maybe 6. The Mavericks are soft. Dirk is soft. Dirk isn't clutch, the Mavericks aren't clutch. We're the 2002 All-Star Team.

Dallas kept it's composure, Lakers were scrambling the ENTIRE game. This game actually should have been a lot bigger margin. We missed a CRAPTON of WIDE open shots.

Lakers played with swag, but Dallas just kept working their %##@+ of. If we end up winning it all this year, that's what's going to get it done for us.

Can we please shut up that Dallas isn't built to try and match the Lakers, personnel wise?

Kidd and Peja are trying to get revenge for the years of anguish that the Lakers caused them.
laugh.gif

Oh and did I mention we haven't even seen our potentially second best player, and definitely our second best scorer, Caron Butler?

If we make it to the Finals, and Caron Butler is back, we aren't losing if we play the Heat.

We got disrespected ALL year, and I just always said, lets wait till the Playoffs and we'll see what happens. We get balked at saying how we can't win anything in the Playoffs. Well, we may not win it all this year, but we have the defending champs with their backs to the wall, and will have Home Court in the WCF if we make it...

Also, I'm not even going to say this series is over. Lakers can just treat this like they have 4 game 7's in a row, and win each of them. I'm not counting them out like everyone else is.

Book it.

pimp.gif

As for the game itself, Bynum straight murdered us. I really like Kobe's approach to this game. He was very selective with his shots, and was very efficient.

Now get Kobe back in w/ Bynum before the bench screws this up. Between Blake, Brown, and Barnes, there should not be more than 2 of them on the floor at the same time.

That's why I said earlier in this thread that this game would be rough for LA, they just aren't deep enough with Artest.

Dirk's first question.. "Do you feel like you are playing your best basketball?"

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Dirk wants this, bad.

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I kind of want to drag this out a little bit, I feel like if we win early, we'll come out with rust and lose G1 of the WCF, which we CANNOT do.

People called Memphians crazy for not liking him, but his play didn't represent the city.

Dallas has hustled more than the Lakers this entire season, that's all it's come down to.

No offense to the mavs but no other team in the NBA will give them so many wide open 3pointers if they advance.

That's what Portland said. But when you double Dirk, it's GOING to happen. Is there a reason why we're making so many threes a game throughout these Playoffs? Yeah, you wanna double Dirk, he'll get the ball to the open player. As soon as Dallas gets doubled on Dirk, the guards line-up along the perimeter, and we see quick passes to the corner.

Chandler and Haywood have made a huge difference for the Mavs, I remember when they had the likes of Bradley, Dampier, Diop .

I'm not showing any respect to dallas and their fans on here. %+%$ being classy, ya'll still some herbs, ain't %!!$ gonna change.

laugh.gif

It feels great, Lakers fans have hounded us for years talking about how we ain't nothing. I kept on saying, I'd love to play them, just for the chance at having a great series. First time it happens in 22 years, and we are kicking butt and taking names. But, beating the Lakers doesn't mean our job is over. If we get that 16th playoff win, that's when our job is over.

As far as my own analysis goes, JET has probably been the most consistent Maverick, yeah he had a bad game 2, and a bad game 4 in Portland, but the guy has been very efficient with his shooting, and has been taking very good care of the ball.

Also I hope people saw what Dirk has been criticized for pretty much the past four years. You saw you wanna double Dirk? Go ahead, we'll have JET or Peja hit a WIDE open three. You want to go ahead and have single coverage on Dirk? He'll torch you.

This series is doing a LOT to cement Dirk's legacy. Against the defending champs, no one expects anything from Dirk and the Mavs, they expect an easy series, and Dirk is shooting lights out. Dirk puts forth same effort we saw tonight, this might be a sweep. 56% FG shooting, 70% 3 point shooting, and 93% FT shooting against the two-time defending champs with probably the best possible players capable of stopping Dirk. Pau, no. Bynum, no. Odom, no. Artest, no. Not dissing Rose, he's done a hell of a job carrying his team, but Dirk has been THE guy thus far.

And as someone else said, CP, NK, and a lot of you other Lakers fans, props for staying classy. I mean that honestly. I really like the Lakers, and wish them the best, but just not against my team.
laugh.gif
, so I just want to make it as peaceful as it can be. Yall talk a lot of trash when you're winning, but as long as yall are respectful when that ain't happening, you guys are cool in my book.

All year, Mavs got trashed on. When we were healthy, people said "Do it in the Playoffs." Caron got hurt and we were completely discounted by EVERYONE entering this Playoffs.

wink.gif

Onto game 4.

Good luck yall.

(Realize it's hella long, but I wanted to make sure I went and read every post).

I don't get it, people really feel that the contributions from a player in previous playoff series should warrant them a pass for poor play in a current one? Plenty of Laker fans aren't prefacing their displeasure with pau's play with a disclaimer addressing his play last year and with due reason, they shouldn't have to. That doesn't mean that they don't appreciate what he did but that has nothing to do with now.

ska brought up a good analogy in the Laker thread, if you give someone $100 and then the next day punch them in the face, should the person who received the punch just brush it off since they previously received $100 from you? @@%@ no. I know what pau did for us last June and I appreciate him greatly for that, but he's been egregiously bad this postseason and I'm not about to change my stance on that just because he contributed to LA's success last season.

The Pau Gasol that made the Lakers a championship team isn't the same guy playing right now. Pau battled Dwight Howard in 09 is now falling down, getting blocked by guards and now even has Phil going off on him. That's why we are so down on him...he isn't playing to his ability and while its sad to see...he is getting punked out there.

I don't get it, people really feel that the contributions from a player in previous playoff series should warrant them a pass for poor play in a current one? Plenty of Laker fans aren't prefacing their displeasure with pau's play with a disclaimer addressing his play last year and with due reason, they shouldn't have to. That doesn't mean that they don't appreciate what he did but that has nothing to do with now.

ska brought up a good analogy in the Laker thread, if you give someone $100 and then the next day punch them in the face, should the person who received the punch just brush it off since they previously received $100 from you? @@%@ no. I know what pau did for us last June and I appreciate him greatly for that, but he's been egregiously bad this postseason and I'm not about to change my stance on that just because he contributed to LA's success last season.

The Pau Gasol that made the Lakers a championship team isn't the same guy playing right now. Pau battled Dwight Howard in 09 is now falling down, getting blocked by guards and now even has Phil going off on him. That's why we are so down on him...he isn't playing to his ability and while its sad to see...he is getting punked out there.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Originally Posted by enrique23

Get your fishing gear ready bro, yall DONE.

i'm not even talking about the Lakers in my post, yet you bring them up to cover up the stupidity of your post? ok.

again, how does the Lakers being down 3-0 guarantee the Heat a championship? Prove it to me
i'm goin to keep postin it till you get it in your head 
laugh.gif

MIAMI IS WINNING THE CHIP.

LEBRON, WADE, BOSH AND "THE WARDEN" 

LAKERS ARE GETTING THE BROOM.

FACE IT, GET YOUR FISHING GEAR READY 
laugh.gif
Do you think bolding and making the front size any bigger? You seriously sound like your 12, you hopped on a bandwagon once you heard lebron was going to Miami. And at the end of the day you bring up the lakers who have won back to back champions while your boyfriend Lebron needs his older brother wade and his ******ed cousin Bosh to help him win which he wont

Originally Posted by enrique23

Get your fishing gear ready bro, yall DONE.

i'm not even talking about the Lakers in my post, yet you bring them up to cover up the stupidity of your post? ok.

again, how does the Lakers being down 3-0 guarantee the Heat a championship? Prove it to me
i'm goin to keep postin it till you get it in your head 
laugh.gif

MIAMI IS WINNING THE CHIP.

LEBRON, WADE, BOSH AND "THE WARDEN" 

LAKERS ARE GETTING THE BROOM.

FACE IT, GET YOUR FISHING GEAR READY 
laugh.gif
Do you think bolding and making the front size any bigger? You seriously sound like your 12, you hopped on a bandwagon once you heard lebron was going to Miami. And at the end of the day you bring up the lakers who have won back to back champions while your boyfriend Lebron needs his older brother wade and his ******ed cousin Bosh to help him win which he wont

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

Book it.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Dirk wants this, bad.

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Onto game 4.

Good luck yall.

Now see, thats where you went wrong and stopped makin' sense. 
Miami is winning the chip, You going to witness

I do tip my hat to you for taking out the Lakers and their miserable fans 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

Book it.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Dirk wants this, bad.

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Onto game 4.

Good luck yall.

Now see, thats where you went wrong and stopped makin' sense. 
Miami is winning the chip, You going to witness

I do tip my hat to you for taking out the Lakers and their miserable fans 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom