[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by franchise3

It's perfectly fine to criticize Pau for not showing up. But LAL fans, as usual, take things to the extreme. Like saying trade the dude
laugh.gif

But if you guys bash Pau, my point is, bash Kobe, too. Best closer in the game? Where has he been? Turned it over late with a bad pass, but, nah, it's Pau's fault for getting position for an offensive board. One of the best players to ever play the game, and he's taken 3 shots at the rim in 3 games? 3??

I also like the notion, that Pau isn't the reason why LAL won the past two titles, it was a team effort.

When's the last time Kobe or LAL has won a championship without a dominating big man? I'll wait.

Also, the Lakers win their championships as a team, and it doesn't fall on one player, but LAL fans loved to bash Bron back when he was in Cleveland.

Non Lakers fans are haters, but LAL fans will be the FIRST ones to root against Lebron and Miami if they make the Finals
laugh.gif

Ps - As one of the few who confidently thought the Mavericks would advance from this series, I'm just as confident that Dallas gets knocked out the WCF. Book it. Sorry JA, Nowit, Sneaker, and crew
QFT.
that being said if your a fan of a pathetic team like the golden state warriors, then hop off and worry about the nba draft lottery.

someone's still mad
laugh.gif
. this is exactly the arrogant attitude that has made your fanbase the most hated in all of pro sports...the team you root for has better coaches/players/management, but just because you root for them doesn't mean you're the reason they've been successful.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

It's perfectly fine to criticize Pau for not showing up. But LAL fans, as usual, take things to the extreme. Like saying trade the dude
laugh.gif

But if you guys bash Pau, my point is, bash Kobe, too. Best closer in the game? Where has he been? Turned it over late with a bad pass, but, nah, it's Pau's fault for getting position for an offensive board. One of the best players to ever play the game, and he's taken 3 shots at the rim in 3 games? 3??

I also like the notion, that Pau isn't the reason why LAL won the past two titles, it was a team effort.

When's the last time Kobe or LAL has won a championship without a dominating big man? I'll wait.

Also, the Lakers win their championships as a team, and it doesn't fall on one player, but LAL fans loved to bash Bron back when he was in Cleveland.

Non Lakers fans are haters, but LAL fans will be the FIRST ones to root against Lebron and Miami if they make the Finals
laugh.gif

Ps - As one of the few who confidently thought the Mavericks would advance from this series, I'm just as confident that Dallas gets knocked out the WCF. Book it. Sorry JA, Nowit, Sneaker, and crew
QFT.
that being said if your a fan of a pathetic team like the golden state warriors, then hop off and worry about the nba draft lottery.

someone's still mad
laugh.gif
. this is exactly the arrogant attitude that has made your fanbase the most hated in all of pro sports...the team you root for has better coaches/players/management, but just because you root for them doesn't mean you're the reason they've been successful.
laugh.gif

i would let my girl blow off gasol for him to snap out it.
i have a whole paycheck riding on this championship run.
and that paycheck is big enough to pay someone's mortgage.

Originally Posted by acidicality

someone's still mad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you again huh,  when did i say me or other laker fans are the reason behind their success.  

you talk about laker fans being bad when a good chunk (not all) but a good chunk of the warrior fans are just as bad.

to be honestly with you i consider myself very levelheaded and unbiased when it comes to sports but i have no problem saying what needs to be said at times, and if people on a messageboard wanna think im arrogant, then hey cheers to them.

you can't deny the fact that it's lame when i get texted by 6 different warriors fans not even 15 minutes after the game is over and their initating the entire conversation and running their mouths. i'll go back and forth with them but the minute i sarcasticly mention the draft lottery and who the warriors plan to pick when their on the clock, they wanna get all defensive when their the ones who chose to contact me first with the intent of talking trash, yes it's jokingly but if i can take a joke from them, they should be able to take it when i give it back to them.

maybe i see it differently then some people do, but if this series ends sunday or whenever it ends,  i could care less about the rest of the playoffs. i'd prefer dallas wins if anyone just to see the look on sterns face if he had to give the trophy to cuban but aside from that, to me once the lakers season is offically over, the nba season is over and i'll have minimal interest in the rest of the playoffs.

someone's still mad
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you again huh,  when did i say me or other laker fans are the reason behind their success.  

you talk about laker fans being bad when a good chunk (not all) but a good chunk of the warrior fans are just as bad.

to be honestly with you i consider myself very levelheaded and unbiased when it comes to sports but i have no problem saying what needs to be said at times, and if people on a messageboard wanna think im arrogant, then hey cheers to them.

you can't deny the fact that it's lame when i get texted by 6 different warriors fans not even 15 minutes after the game is over and their initating the entire conversation and running their mouths. i'll go back and forth with them but the minute i sarcasticly mention the draft lottery and who the warriors plan to pick when their on the clock, they wanna get all defensive when their the ones who chose to contact me first with the intent of talking trash, yes it's jokingly but if i can take a joke from them, they should be able to take it when i give it back to them.

maybe i see it differently then some people do, but if this series ends sunday or whenever it ends,  i could care less about the rest of the playoffs. i'd prefer dallas wins if anyone just to see the look on sterns face if he had to give the trophy to cuban but aside from that, to me once the lakers season is offically over, the nba season is over and i'll have minimal interest in the rest of the playoffs.

who's really listening to Warrior fans?
shouldn't they be worrying about retiring Adonal Foyle's jersey or something?

who's really listening to Warrior fans?
shouldn't they be worrying about retiring Adonal Foyle's jersey or something?

i'll put it like this, you're a Niner fan too (as am I
laugh.gif
), we both know how bad our front office has been over the years.
laugh.gif
I don't think it's our fault we aren't as good as the Patriots. But I do think we're allowed to talk about them and hate on them when they lose. That's how it is as a fan of a non-playoff team.
laugh.gif
And given the success the Lakers have had, it's obvious they're going to have a good share of "haters", lots of fans want to see change and see different teams make it, even if it's not their own.

I went to college in SoCal so all of my friends were Laker fans; all the trash talking is in good fun. Obviously in person it's a lot more civilized than NT, so I usually end up trashing Derek Fisher
laugh.gif
, usually with them agreeing with me.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't think it's our fault we aren't as good as the Patriots. But I do think we're allowed to talk about them and hate on them when they lose. That's how it is as a fan of a non-playoff team.
laugh.gif
And given the success the Lakers have had, it's obvious they're going to have a good share of "haters", lots of fans want to see change and see different teams make it, even if it's not their own.

I went to college in SoCal so all of my friends were Laker fans; all the trash talking is in good fun. Obviously in person it's a lot more civilized than NT, so I usually end up trashing Derek Fisher
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

trashing derek fisher is like making fun of a ******. its too easy.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

trashing derek fisher is like making fun of a ******. its too easy.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it's all in good fun to me as well, i don't know why the warriors fans have been getting under my skin this week, my bad for gettin overly mad at you guys. my thing i got annoyed with from my friends that were texting me is that i was joking around and getting laughs from what they were saying regarding the game because it was actually kinda funny but the minute i mentioned one thing about the warriors in a joking manner they got defensive.

regarding the niner patriot part, i agree with you on that, but if a patriot fan hit me with the 2 painful words that are alex smith i would laugh it like damn that one hurts.

but either way the sports back and forth talk is fun, it makes the series that much more fun,  that said

lakers warriors 2012 first round playoffs.   you guys get a rematch of the 91 2nd round,  i get to partake and the back and forth on here in that thread.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it's all in good fun to me as well, i don't know why the warriors fans have been getting under my skin this week, my bad for gettin overly mad at you guys. my thing i got annoyed with from my friends that were texting me is that i was joking around and getting laughs from what they were saying regarding the game because it was actually kinda funny but the minute i mentioned one thing about the warriors in a joking manner they got defensive.

regarding the niner patriot part, i agree with you on that, but if a patriot fan hit me with the 2 painful words that are alex smith i would laugh it like damn that one hurts.

but either way the sports back and forth talk is fun, it makes the series that much more fun,  that said

lakers warriors 2012 first round playoffs.   you guys get a rematch of the 91 2nd round,  i get to partake and the back and forth on here in that thread.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by enrique23

Where's the team?
You don't know basketball if you think Kobe lost this game for us

So now all of a sudden it's teams that win basketball games. Funny how this argument was scoffed at the past couple years when the Cavs were getting bounced...

Thank you.
I couldn't agree with this more.

Bunch of spin doctors...always trying to protect their love child Kobe...

Originally Posted by enrique23

Where's the team?
You don't know basketball if you think Kobe lost this game for us

So now all of a sudden it's teams that win basketball games. Funny how this argument was scoffed at the past couple years when the Cavs were getting bounced...

Thank you.

the biggest reason i root against the lakers is because of their fans. call me a hater, but it's sweet to see the lakers lose...the bandwagon is getting VERY light, and kobe is proving that he is possibly the most overrated player of all time.

if kobe is gonna get props for 6-24 FG in game 7...he should be getting all the blame for these losses...cmon, how are you NOT going to win with this supporting cast?

the biggest reason i root against the lakers is because of their fans. call me a hater, but it's sweet to see the lakers lose...the bandwagon is getting VERY light, and kobe is proving that he is possibly the most overrated player of all time.

if kobe is gonna get props for 6-24 FG in game 7...he should be getting all the blame for these losses...cmon, how are you NOT going to win with this supporting cast?

Originally Posted by jcbacall

sucks for you.

Originally Posted by jcbacall

sucks for you.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Thank you.

Laker fan here and I never defend Kobe because I see it how it is
Kobe has not proven to be the star many Lakers fans claim he is. Kobe is just not a great player when it comes to clutch games. Lets not forget how he really didnt step it up last year and got lucky his team mates bailed him out.... you know the rest of the TEAM.

Kobe can't close a game, he crumbles constantly under pressure. Today he showed the type of player he has always been....greedy, Yeah he tried to do something on the 4th quarter but like always he FAILED, miserably. When the Lakers needed him the most. Its not just today but this has happened in the past (Laker fans please think hard about this one) How many highlights of Kobe in the play-offs actually driving in and making clutch shots... taking important threes and actually making them.

The Jordan vs Kobe argument has been settled with the end of this game, he should NEVER be compared to Jordan. Real Laker fans recognize who the real players are in this team. See if his confidence can be applied on the court come game 4. Kobe is good but he is not GREAT. What good is a fancy fade away when you cant make it when it is needed the most?

If the Lakers do come back... every player needs to be on the same frequency cause I know Kobe won't save us.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Thank you.

Laker fan here and I never defend Kobe because I see it how it is
Kobe has not proven to be the star many Lakers fans claim he is. Kobe is just not a great player when it comes to clutch games. Lets not forget how he really didnt step it up last year and got lucky his team mates bailed him out.... you know the rest of the TEAM.

Kobe can't close a game, he crumbles constantly under pressure. Today he showed the type of player he has always been....greedy, Yeah he tried to do something on the 4th quarter but like always he FAILED, miserably. When the Lakers needed him the most. Its not just today but this has happened in the past (Laker fans please think hard about this one) How many highlights of Kobe in the play-offs actually driving in and making clutch shots... taking important threes and actually making them.

The Jordan vs Kobe argument has been settled with the end of this game, he should NEVER be compared to Jordan. Real Laker fans recognize who the real players are in this team. See if his confidence can be applied on the court come game 4. Kobe is good but he is not GREAT. What good is a fancy fade away when you cant make it when it is needed the most?

If the Lakers do come back... every player needs to be on the same frequency cause I know Kobe won't save us.

The biggest thing that stood out for me, besides the win was Phil Jackson.

I'm at work and had a couple hrs to digest the game.

When he started getting demonstrative on the bench during timeouts in the 2nd quarter, I got a sense of what the hell is he doing? Phil never acts like that.

Then we saw more of it in the 3rd and 4th quarter and you have to wonder if he is starting to lose faith in the team at that point. He saw Kobe wasn't going crazy for 40 pts and the Mavs held him to 21 and 10. Which is a good game, but that's not "a Kobe in the playoffs when your team is down 2-0" kind of game.

While EVERYONE knows what Jackson was doing when he hit Gasol in the chest MULTIPLE times, it didn't seem to work. Sure he can be the scape goat for this series and his play has not helped the Lakers, at all, but there is more than him to blame, even though it may be easiest to blame Pau.

Jackson started to panic and for the first time since I've seen him coach a game, I think he envisioned it was over.

I don't know if you can go as far as to say Carlisle out coached him but I feel like Jackson was a bit of a deer in the headlights.

JapanAir said it best, Dallas has been disrespected all season, no one believed in them, and this is the same story every year. Now it seems like they are playing with a serious chip on their shoulder, Dirk looks like he is on a mission, the most unguardable player in the league right now.

We can venture as far to say that Dirk, RIGHT NOW, is playing the best basketball of his career.

Hopefully Dallas takes care of the Lakers on Sunday, although I also agree with JapanAir that it may cause them to be a bit rusty for game 1 of the WCF. Then again...I don't want the Lakers to win 1 game and then all the talk of Dallas choking comes into play etc etc.

Finish the job.

Back
Top Bottom