how do yall feel about Josh Smith for Pau Gasol? lol
I was thinking about that trade today
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif
Ehh I like Derrick Williams  better..   And with any hope see if we could add Beasley or Pekovic to better match salaries..

Even though Gasol's value is doo doo now, Kahn & the Wolves organization have an interest in Gasol for his ties with Rubio to keep Rubio in Minnesota more long term..

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

A 7-footer shooting fadeaways right by the rim?

6q7q.jpg
I don't know what you are trying to say but Dirk had 2 game winning drives to the basket in the finals.

Gasol drives AWAY from the basket even on hook shots
laugh.gif
sick.gif
I was just being funny.

But if you want to make a discussion about it, here's my input:
- Dirk ABSOLUTELY used to be talked about as a soft 7-footer who can be 3 feet from the rim and end up shooting a shot 9 feet from the rim
- Dirk has a championship? Cool. Pau has 2, and he definitely played inside en route to both of them (ESPECIALLY the BOS one).

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

laugh.gif
Ehh I like Derrick Williams  better..   And with any hope see if we could add Beasley or Pekovic to better match salaries..

Even though Gasol's value is doo doo now, Kahn & the Wolves organization have an interest in Gasol for his ties with Rubio to keep Rubio in Minnesota more long term..

Agreed. If we have to move Pau, I'd take a Williams/Beasley deal over a Josh Smith one. Josh Smith is a star now, but I like Derrick's upside.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif

Agreed. If we have to move Pau, I'd take a Williams/Beasley deal over a Josh Smith one. Josh Smith is a star now, but I like Derrick's upside.

I was one of the guys who said it wouldn't happen that Pau gets moved this offseason... He's pretty much sealed his fate as this being his last year as a Laker..

I think Bynum gets shopped as well now.. Even though he's Buss project, Bynum has been disrespectful publicly to the entire franchise. But all depends on how Bynum finishes the year on his fate.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Man if only we can swap Bynum and Gasol for Zbo and Marc Gasol 
laugh.gif

they just showed up in game 5.
our team is good we just gotta relax and let the mamba take care of things 
pimp.gif

^ Yea hopefully Kobe can pick up the slack of this team and finish out the first round, cause I don't see Bynum or Gasol doing much in game 7. Hopefully they prove me wrong though.

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Man if only we can swap Bynum and Gasol for Zbo and Marc Gasol 
laugh.gif

they just showed up in game 5.
our team is good we just gotta relax and let the mamba take care of things 
pimp.gif

Eh. I wouldn't be so quick on the "Our team is good"

I'm indifferent to Pau & Bynum. If neither of them are on the team next year, and we get what we should for them (yes I'm factoring in Pau's diminished marketability), I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep.

In order to win and advance, the game plan needs to be simple. Defensively, we have to stop the Denver break and that starts by boxing out and preventing offensive rebounds, avoiding too many three point attempts (and the long rebounds that they create) and not being careless with the ball. The Nuggets can still get secondary breaks or at least force a fast tempo after made baskets, so it would be wise to have one of the big men aggressively guard the Denver in bound man, the guards should play loose defense on ball handlers all the way out to the quarter court line. It goes without saying that jogging back on defense is unacceptable, you need to sprint back.

Once Denver had to play a half court, we do not need any gimmicks or any superhuman efforts. All we need to see from the players is standard defensive protocol (run three point shooters off of the line and hedge out on Ty Lawson). If the Nuggets have to rely on heir bigs in the post and on mid range shooting, they will be easy to stop.

Offensively, we need to realize that Bynum and Gasol are being fronted and/or Nuggets are drifting in the passing lanes. Either involve the bigs in pick and roll, have the bigs catch and pass out and repost and do that until they get good position or swing and create an angle where they can seal and catch and finish near the rim. I love what Sessions has done in screen roll but in this game, Sessions needs to act as spot up shooter or a secondary ball handler and Kobe should be involved in screen roll in Bynum and Gasol on at least half of our halfcourt offensive posessions. Kobe will get good looks and free throw attempts for himself and for the bigs and that will get us points and inhibit Denver's transition game. The only time we need three point attempts is if Denver plays a tight zone (even if we miss, zone defenses have trouble getting boards) or if a role player has the touch and Denver leaves him unguarded.

As far as substitution patterns are concerned, Mike Brown should try to get Kobe two or three minutes off in every quarter. Kobe can handle a lot of minutes but he plays much better and has his leg when he gets two to three minutes of game time rest (which can be ten minutes or so in real time). If we need Kobe to play 45 or more minutes in order to compete, we are not going anywhere in the playoffs. When Kobe on the bench, the bigs will have to work for position and the role players will have to swing and erevrse the ball and find good post entry passing lanes.

Finally, we should not crash the boards, I would gladly give up a few offensive boards in exchange for forcing a slow tempo against the Nuggets. If Bynum and Gasol play with heart, we should still get a good deal of offensive boards but every time the ball goes up, we need two at least two Lakers sprinting back every time.

It is hard to control how many open shots will drop but if the Lakers bring energy and stick to a pretty simple and easy to follow game plan, they will win by a small margin if they are shooting bricks and it will be blow out if they can sink their open jumpers.

really tho i think they key is our outside shooting once barnes and blake and ebanks and whoever else plays the perimeter knock down a couple outside shots the nuggets will have to respect that it will allow bynum and hopefully pau too to go HAM in the paint

Gonna miss the game tonight sadly, really would love to see this place if the Lakers lose... last year was comedy.

Hey fellas, another nerve wrecking game 7.

In typical Laker fashion....Wouldn't have it any other way right?

I can imagine how stressed some of us will be in the first quarter alone LOL

Back
Top Bottom