Latino's and Hispanic's.....read this

Im a police officer and I always get the "you are elian gonzalez" blah blah I doesnt really bother me because I have a big ego but imagine those that couldnt handle the jokes? Just ignore those losers!!! "Latinos are taking over check the census"

The racism towards Hispanics is sad and that is coming from a black man. My fiance is Hispanic and her Mom tells me stories all of the time about blatant things she has experienced. My fiance always gets hit with the "You are too light to be Mexican..." But on another note, while I was in Mexico, I had about 15 people ask me if I wanted weed.. Calling me "Brother" and such... Is that all black folks do in Mexico, smoke weed? lol

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

So I just started my new job a couple of weeks ago and what I realized is its alot of ignorant people in this world. I by far i'm not a racist but at this job its so many ignorant white and black people who know nothing of Hispanic people or Latinos or the culture and just assume and view me in a stereotypical way. I am the only Hispanic dude working there, Im a friendly dude, but calling me Carlos, Juan, Jose instead of asking for my name and asking me if I like Spanish music and if i like tacos is not what's up. I 
feel like in this generation us Hispanic's are the most venerable for racism eventhough yes it happens to all minorities. The ignorance people possess is just downright shocking....
this is not funny....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

Im a police officer and I always get the "you are elian gonzalez" blah blah I doesnt really bother me because I have a big ego but imagine those that couldnt handle the jokes? Just ignore those losers!!! "Latinos are taking over check the census"
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

So I just started my new job a couple of weeks ago and what I realized is its alot of ignorant people in this world. I by far i'm not a racist but at this job its so many ignorant white and black people who know nothing of Hispanic people or Latinos or the culture and just assume and view me in a stereotypical way. I am the only Hispanic dude working there, Im a friendly dude, but calling me Carlos, Juan, Jose instead of asking for my name and asking me if I like Spanish music and if i like tacos is not what's up. I 
feel like in this generation us Hispanic's are the most venerable for racism eventhough yes it happens to all minorities. The ignorance people possess is just downright shocking....

Welcome to the club, I bet i have it worse than you im in PITTSBURGH PA.... Do you know what there is here on PGH Nothing but WHITE and Blacks and thats it. Im so use to it now people here just assume im mixed with black or im mexican. I Hate it, I hate PGH i wish i could move. What you go threw is what i go threw just about EVERYDAY and it gets really annoying i know what you mean man.

You don't need the apostrophe to pluralize Latino and Hispanic.

With that said, that's a sad situation you have at work. Props to you for not hitting one of them by now.

An obese kid told me to "go back to China" once, and a really frail kid told me to "go drift in Tokyo"... kids are dumb as hell, what can you say?

OP remember that a lot of employers like to bow down to their customers, so don't expect much empathy, especially if they aren't Latino/Hispanic.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I find it funny when minorities forget their own struggles and how they might apply to other minorities.

Gays, Hispanics, atheists, etc.

You aint never lie, don't cry to me about racism when you hold the same mentality as your oppressor. Hypocrites!!

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

The racism towards Hispanics is sad and that is coming from a black man. My fiance is Hispanic and her Mom tells me stories all of the time about blatant things she has experienced. My fiance always gets hit with the "You are too light to be Mexican..." But on another note, while I was in Mexico, I had about 15 people ask me if I wanted weed.. Calling me "Brother" and such... Is that all black folks do in Mexico, smoke weed? lol
Very confused by this post. It screams "I'm tired of being oppressed" *oppresses another minority*

Originally Posted by scshift

An obese kid told me to "go back to China" once, and a really frail kid told me to "go drift in Tokyo"... kids are dumb as hell, what can you say?

OP remember that a lot of employers like to bow down to their customers, so don't expect much empathy, especially if they aren't Latino/Hispanic.
Sadly this.  I talk to customers over the phone and I can't believe the nerve that these people have. I am white and even I deal with stuff, people call in and in the middle of my introduction they interrupt assuming I am from a different country, sometimes if I am in a bad mood I will say " have you heard a single word I have said?"  I am lucky because over the phone I only get one call listened to a week by our support staff so chances of me getting caught on a few calls isn't much.  Best advice I can give you is to talk to your manager, expect them to say to just go along with it, but stand up for yourself, you don't have t deal with that in the workplace, point out peoples ignorance.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

i can relate

people always see me and say "yo Enrique Iglesias!"

or "Mario Lopez, whats up man?" "Antonio Banderas, how you living?"

people
30t6p3b.gif
but then again, look @ what you're surrounded by...

Yo, brush it off homey.

Play it to the left on some real fly $!@@, and catch them offguard with intelligance.

Dont let them see that you're offended. Dont let em find your weaknesses. Only display your strengths.

And that doesnt mean, flex your muscles, so to say, when they come at you with the jokes and whatnot... Just know what you ginuinely shine at, and display it when you can and play the racist bull to the left.

Lmao, everyone at work stays making fun of each other. I'm Hispanic, racist jokes are the GOAT. It's not a big deal, Pablo, Pedro, whatever your name is.

Hispanics in Arizona make a majority in a lot of neighborhoods. From my experience (as a black man), they can be just as racist towards whites as whites are towards them. Luckily blacks, asians and others are the odd men out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Hispanics in Arizona make a majority in a lot of neighborhoods. From my experience (as a black man), they can be just as racist towards whites as whites are towards them. Luckily blacks, asians and others are the odd men out
laugh.gif
I thought you were hispanic
laugh.gif
wow. But yeah Older Hispanics could be racist and lie to your face.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

i can relate

people always see me and say "yo Enrique Iglesias!"

or "Mario Lopez, whats up man?" "Antonio Banderas, how you living?"

people
30t6p3b.gif
but then again, look @ what you're surrounded by...

i find my trolling less funny when i know you're reading it
frown.gif

don't worry, by 2025 latinos will be a "minority-majority" in America. Meaning there will be more latinos than white people. Can't wait
pimp.gif

soy blanco pero quiero ser latino. entonces, fui a panama para 3 meses este verano y voy a buenos aires esta primavera para 20 semanas. deseo vivir en sudamerica y quiero irme este pais!!!!

latinas>mujeres blancas

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

don't worry, by 2025 latinos will be a "minority-majority" in America. Meaning there will be more latinos than white people. Can't wait
pimp.gif

soy blanco pero quiero ser latino. entonces, fui a panama para 3 meses este verano y voy a buenos aires esta primavera para 20 semanas. deseo vivir en sudamerica y quiero irme este pais!!!!

latinas>mujeres blancas

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you may be the majority minority but you still won't have any power

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

pimp.gif

latinas>mujeres blancas

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you may be the majority minority but you still won't have any power
sad but probably true.
REVOLUTION!!!!!!!

OP you're 21 but for now on I think the most important thing is having ppl respect you. If you don't get that covered now it will come up for the rest of your life. What they doin ain't cool, and I know about the Gaylord too that is a come up so I wouldn't let them mess up an opportunity like that. Be assertive not defensive and things will change DRAMATICALLY

Back
Top Bottom