LC: DS CDP BRed XI and XII

CDP XI XII
I had put in an initial starting bid on this CDP through ebay. Bidding got over $400 and I stopped. However, the seller got back to me after he said that the buyer fell through due to some unfortunate circumstances resulting from a car accident. The seller has 0 ebay feedback and says he just started the ebay account for the specific purpose of moving off some of his Jordan collection. I have looked at the photos and certain things look correct: i.e. jumpman logos both face the same way, are lined up between the 23 on the heel, and the jordan branding on the tongue match up to the 3rd lace. The XIIs look pretty similar to how my pair of OG XIIs look, but again I don't feel like an expert on the CDP (for example on the OG XI BReds, the Jumpan logos face opposite each other, though that is not how the legit CDP was made).
He admittedly says the carbon fiber feels different to him than other XI models (Concords and Space Jams) he has bought in the past, but he's up front about that and had this to say: "I had that same different kind of carbon fiber on the bottom of my other pair of BReds which I believe to be legitimate as well. but honestly tho, if some1 told me that they weren't 100 authentic because of the caron fiber I wouldn't care because my friend brought over to my house his 11 12 countdown that we know are 100% authentic. and they were EXACTLY THE SAME MATERIAL, QUALITY and everything."

I do have the IX/XIV CDP, and the packaging all looks on par with how mine looks, so that's a plus. He's asking for $400 shipped and is PayPal verified with buyer protection. If they're real I think this is a pretty good price for DS Size 11. Thoughts?

Update: I've captured the photos from ebay so I can share them here in the forum:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

CDP XI XII
I had put in an initial starting bid on this CDP through ebay. Bidding got over $400 and I stopped. However, the seller got back to me after he said that the buyer fell through due to some unfortunate circumstances resulting from a car accident. The seller has 0 ebay feedback and says he just started the ebay account for the specific purpose of moving off some of his Jordan collection. I have looked at the photos and certain things look correct: i.e. jumpman logos both face the same way, are lined up between the 23 on the heel, and the jordan branding on the tongue match up to the 3rd lace. The XIIs look pretty similar to how my pair of OG XIIs look, but again I don't feel like an expert on the CDP (for example on the OG XI BReds, the Jumpan logos face opposite each other, though that is not how the legit CDP was made).
He admittedly says the carbon fiber feels different to him than other XI models (Concords and Space Jams) he has bought in the past, but he's up front about that and had this to say: "I had that same different kind of carbon fiber on the bottom of my other pair of BReds which I believe to be legitimate as well. but honestly tho, if some1 told me that they weren't 100 authentic because of the caron fiber I wouldn't care because my friend brought over to my house his 11 12 countdown that we know are 100% authentic. and they were EXACTLY THE SAME MATERIAL, QUALITY and everything."

I do have the IX/XIV CDP, and the packaging all looks on par with how mine looks, so that's a plus. He's asking for $400 shipped and is PayPal verified with buyer protection. If they're real I think this is a pretty good price for DS Size 11. Thoughts?

Update: I've captured the photos from ebay so I can share them here in the forum:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

I can't pull the pictures because they aren't embedded in the description, only in the ebay popup which I can't seem to find image addresses for. You'd have to check the link on the expired auction.

I can't pull the pictures because they aren't embedded in the description, only in the ebay popup which I can't seem to find image addresses for. You'd have to check the link on the expired auction.

They're legit based on those pictures, but its very risky buying from a seller with 0 feedback. Best thing to do before you even think about paying the guy is ask him for tagged pictures. IMO i would stay away -- i think those pictures are stolen because there are different backgrounds taken.

They're legit based on those pictures, but its very risky buying from a seller with 0 feedback. Best thing to do before you even think about paying the guy is ask him for tagged pictures. IMO i would stay away -- i think those pictures are stolen because there are different backgrounds taken.

Yeah that's kinda my feeling. I sent him an email today asking for tagged pics with today's date and told him if he doesn't provide them he won't be getting my money. The pics don't make the shoes look fake to me, but as you said they may be stolen pics and not even close to what I'm going to receive from him.

Yeah that's kinda my feeling. I sent him an email today asking for tagged pics with today's date and told him if he doesn't provide them he won't be getting my money. The pics don't make the shoes look fake to me, but as you said they may be stolen pics and not even close to what I'm going to receive from him.

Also keep in mind you can find a pair of vnds 01 breds for around 200 and a pair of og taxis for less than 200, both of which superior to the cdp versions

Also keep in mind you can find a pair of vnds 01 breds for around 200 and a pair of og taxis for less than 200, both of which superior to the cdp versions

Really? Point me to where someone is selling VNDS '01 Breds for $200. I just saw someone sell the CDP version VNDS for $280 on here. Sole Collector and eBay seem to be commanding $300-$450 for '01 BReds which seems outrageous. I'd jump on a $200 pair even if they were NDS!

Really? Point me to where someone is selling VNDS '01 Breds for $200. I just saw someone sell the CDP version VNDS for $280 on here. Sole Collector and eBay seem to be commanding $300-$450 for '01 BReds which seems outrageous. I'd jump on a $200 pair even if they were NDS!

The pictures look legit but like stated above the person who initially won the bid probably didn't receive tagged pics and decided to back out. I personally wouldn't pay 400 for the CDP's maybe 300.

The pictures look legit but like stated above the person who initially won the bid probably didn't receive tagged pics and decided to back out. I personally wouldn't pay 400 for the CDP's maybe 300.

You wouldn't pay $400 for a pack that initially cost $310 2 years ago? I'm reading stuff here that doesn't make any sense at all. This pack is going for $500-$700 just about everywhere. I haven't seen anyone offering to sell the CDP XI/XII for less than $400 anywhere. Same thing with the 01 breds, which just beneath this thread are being evaluated by others at $275-$350. I do agree that unless I can get tagged pics, this is 100% no go

You wouldn't pay $400 for a pack that initially cost $310 2 years ago? I'm reading stuff here that doesn't make any sense at all. This pack is going for $500-$700 just about everywhere. I haven't seen anyone offering to sell the CDP XI/XII for less than $400 anywhere. Same thing with the 01 breds, which just beneath this thread are being evaluated by others at $275-$350. I do agree that unless I can get tagged pics, this is 100% no go

Only reason is because I've seen DS OG Taxi XII's go for 140 on eBay and DS 2001 Bred XI's go for 250. To top that I've seen DS OG Bred XI's for under 400 and I personally rather just get the OG's alone and pass on the cdp, IMO.

Only reason is because I've seen DS OG Taxi XII's go for 140 on eBay and DS 2001 Bred XI's go for 250. To top that I've seen DS OG Bred XI's for under 400 and I personally rather just get the OG's alone and pass on the cdp, IMO.

The CDP XI 's are not as good quality as the Retro XI's. I own both pairs and on my CDP XI's the 23 on the heel is starting to peel off and I probably have worn them like 4X.

The CDP XI 's are not as good quality as the Retro XI's. I own both pairs and on my CDP XI's the 23 on the heel is starting to peel off and I probably have worn them like 4X.

Everyone knows the CDPs aren't as good, but when you consistently see CDP XIs go for $275-$325, and '01s going for upwards of $400, I'd jump on a CDP XI/XII for $400-$450. I'm sure at some point '01 BReds have gone for $250 or OGs for under $400, but I haven't seen anything like that pop up on ebay in ages, and as I said CDP XIs sold in the buy/sell forum for $280 last week not even DS.
Thanks for the input on these, they turned out to be fake and I'm glad I continue to be careful.

Back
Top Bottom