LEBRON 8 PERFORMANCE REVIEWS ( V1, V2, PS)

I've been playing in the Lebron VIII's for about two weeks now, and I have to say WOW. For reference im 6'6'' 225. Straight out of the box these are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. The sock liner reminds me of the foam pro's and the max air unit has the plushness of the am 2009's. They feel snug but not tight, so I recommend staying with your normal size. My biggest problem with the 7's was the odd way the flywire panels flexed, and the overall stiffness of the shoe. Neither of these issues plague the 8's. These are truly a pleasure to have on your feet. I was a little leery about whether the soft cushioning would have a negative effect on the court, but after a few games the soft ride began to feel natural. I lace my shoes to the last hole and as tight as possible. With the 8's, this led to the outside edges of the tongue rubbing against my ankle. A quick loosening of the top laces remedied this problem without sacrificing stability. Speaking of stability, it's easy to get a nice lockdown with minimal to no foot movement within the shoe. I spent most of last year playing in the Kobe V's and to state the obvious, these shoes are night and day. The Lebrons feel like you are wearing a $160 shoe, and for some people this may be a bad thing. They aren't heavy, but they definitely don't provide the exceptional mold to your foot, lightweight quickness of the Kobes. That being said, there is nothing that I could do in the Kobes that I cant do just as well in the 8's. The Air Max Lebron VIII is one of the best baskeball shoes I've ever played in. I'd recommend them to anyone but the smallest of guards. 9/10 

I've been playing in the Lebron VIII's for about two weeks now, and I have to say WOW. For reference im 6'6'' 225. Straight out of the box these are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. The sock liner reminds me of the foam pro's and the max air unit has the plushness of the am 2009's. They feel snug but not tight, so I recommend staying with your normal size. My biggest problem with the 7's was the odd way the flywire panels flexed, and the overall stiffness of the shoe. Neither of these issues plague the 8's. These are truly a pleasure to have on your feet. I was a little leery about whether the soft cushioning would have a negative effect on the court, but after a few games the soft ride began to feel natural. I lace my shoes to the last hole and as tight as possible. With the 8's, this led to the outside edges of the tongue rubbing against my ankle. A quick loosening of the top laces remedied this problem without sacrificing stability. Speaking of stability, it's easy to get a nice lockdown with minimal to no foot movement within the shoe. I spent most of last year playing in the Kobe V's and to state the obvious, these shoes are night and day. The Lebrons feel like you are wearing a $160 shoe, and for some people this may be a bad thing. They aren't heavy, but they definitely don't provide the exceptional mold to your foot, lightweight quickness of the Kobes. That being said, there is nothing that I could do in the Kobes that I cant do just as well in the 8's. The Air Max Lebron VIII is one of the best baskeball shoes I've ever played in. I'd recommend them to anyone but the smallest of guards. 9/10 

cool review darkhorse...so do you prefer the kobes or the lebrons for bball?? there has to be a big difference between zoom and max air, did you notice it?

cool review darkhorse...so do you prefer the kobes or the lebrons for bball?? there has to be a big difference between zoom and max air, did you notice it?

these are some of the most comfy shoes I've ever worn. I'm a 6'2 210lbs forward, and they provide the best stability and cushioning I have ever had the pleasure to witness. Fit is lockdown for me, very good traction. Lacing can be a hassle, but after nearly 4 weeks of wearing them (China ltd., I'm in TW) it just feels natural. I have _never_ had a shoe that felt this 'legit'. Weight might be an issue for some, I couldn't care less. The MAX-Air seems very responsive, especially in the forefoot. Much better than the ZOOM in the Soldier IVs.

To sum it up: if you're a big man or forward looking for a stable shoe with great cushioning, you should check these out.
I

these are some of the most comfy shoes I've ever worn. I'm a 6'2 210lbs forward, and they provide the best stability and cushioning I have ever had the pleasure to witness. Fit is lockdown for me, very good traction. Lacing can be a hassle, but after nearly 4 weeks of wearing them (China ltd., I'm in TW) it just feels natural. I have _never_ had a shoe that felt this 'legit'. Weight might be an issue for some, I couldn't care less. The MAX-Air seems very responsive, especially in the forefoot. Much better than the ZOOM in the Soldier IVs.

To sum it up: if you're a big man or forward looking for a stable shoe with great cushioning, you should check these out.
I

Right now I prefer the Lebrons, but I'm sure I'll still wear the Kobes, and I'll probably get the VI's when they come out. The max air in the lebrons is totally different than any other max shoe I've worn. I have the Hypermax's and those feel like bricks. The max unit in the 8's is super bouncy. It really feels more like what I'd imagine a full length double stacked zoom shoe would feel like.

Right now I prefer the Lebrons, but I'm sure I'll still wear the Kobes, and I'll probably get the VI's when they come out. The max air in the lebrons is totally different than any other max shoe I've worn. I have the Hypermax's and those feel like bricks. The max unit in the 8's is super bouncy. It really feels more like what I'd imagine a full length double stacked zoom shoe would feel like.

One the problems I had with the VII was the lack of outrigger. When combined with the high ride of the max air, the shoe felt "tippy" to me and I never felt very confident.

I noticed that the VIII has what appears to be a small outrigger...can you please comment on what effect, if any, you think this has on the lateral stability of the shoe vs the VII?

Thanks in advance.

One the problems I had with the VII was the lack of outrigger. When combined with the high ride of the max air, the shoe felt "tippy" to me and I never felt very confident.

I noticed that the VIII has what appears to be a small outrigger...can you please comment on what effect, if any, you think this has on the lateral stability of the shoe vs the VII?

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone help me about the sizing on these shoes ? I'm wearing size 10 in the Zoom Kobe IV , V and Zoom BB2/3 and 10.5 in the Hyperfuse

Can anyone help me about the sizing on these shoes ? I'm wearing size 10 in the Zoom Kobe IV , V and Zoom BB2/3 and 10.5 in the Hyperfuse

im a 6'0 point guard and about 175 but i like the hypermax i used them my senior year in ball and loved them but i tried on the viii you guys think it would be a good shoe for me some one pm me

im a 6'0 point guard and about 175 but i like the hypermax i used them my senior year in ball and loved them but i tried on the viii you guys think it would be a good shoe for me some one pm me

Dennis40 wrote:

Ended up get the 10.5 and the fit is great , really like the new lacing system

Dennis40 wrote:

Ended up get the 10.5 and the fit is great , really like the new lacing system

hopefully picking up them this sat, and balling in them on SUN.. Can't wait ...

my only complaint about the 7's were they were stiff when you took em out the box.. then after that they were straight..

can't wait to see what these feel like

Back
Top Bottom