LEBRON 8 PERFORMANCE REVIEWS ( V1, V2, PS)

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Has anybody tried the Version 2 yet and can give a review?

I have played in the V2's for about 5-6 hours already, and so far I"m regretting the purchase. Just a little background, I"m 5'3 150, so obviously the weight of the shoe is a big problem (been a zoom bb2, hyperdunk, kobe 4/5 and kd2 guy past couple years); however, my knees r all messed up so I figured I'd try these tanks out since I've heard good things about the cushion setup. I'm not too well versed in the "techinical" terminology, so here goes.

Obviously the step up in shoe weight is very noticeable for myself, it's not really a make or break point for though. The cushioning system is excellent. I love the impact protection, so whenever I land hard or running 5-6 games back to back, my knees don't feel as punished as the do with some of the lighter shoes. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. Shoes, as stated by others feel too high off the ground, making u feel disconnected from the hardwood. My BIGGEST complaint though is the traction on these. I'm a traction fiend! I get no bite on this shoes whatsoever. I don't know if it's because I haven't completely "broken" them in yet but the traction is terrible. I only play with these on well maintained hardwood floors (local rec center that's very well kept up and a few high schools where I've done a couple open runs, with nice well maintained floors as well). On change of direction I get no solid grip to the floor and defensively my feet feel clunky as I can't slide and be confident, I literally have to do high knees to get to certain spots against ball handlers, cuz if I slide I slip. Also to note, r two other gripes that may just be unique to me or idk if others have experienced this, but 1) I just randomly rolled (not too serious) my ankle on a simple change of direction, don't know if my ankle just gave out or the shoe just didn't give the support and 2) on my right shoe, I'm getting a constant rubbing off of my skin on my inner ankle bone, as if something is chaffing against it.

Overall, I'm really regretting the purchase personally...I ike how my knees feels after playing but that's about it. Regretting the 170 purchase right now, hopefully their not fully broken in yet and I can still salvage something.

I have played in the V2's for about 5-6 hours already, and so far I"m regretting the purchase. Just a little background, I"m 5'3 150, so obviously the weight of the shoe is a big problem (been a zoom bb2, hyperdunk, kobe 4/5 and kd2 guy past couple years); however, my knees r all messed up so I figured I'd try these tanks out since I've heard good things about the cushion setup. I'm not too well versed in the "techinical" terminology, so here goes.

Obviously the step up in shoe weight is very noticeable for myself, it's not really a make or break point for though. The cushioning system is excellent. I love the impact protection, so whenever I land hard or running 5-6 games back to back, my knees don't feel as punished as the do with some of the lighter shoes. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. Shoes, as stated by others feel too high off the ground, making u feel disconnected from the hardwood. My BIGGEST complaint though is the traction on these. I'm a traction fiend! I get no bite on this shoes whatsoever. I don't know if it's because I haven't completely "broken" them in yet but the traction is terrible. I only play with these on well maintained hardwood floors (local rec center that's very well kept up and a few high schools where I've done a couple open runs, with nice well maintained floors as well). On change of direction I get no solid grip to the floor and defensively my feet feel clunky as I can't slide and be confident, I literally have to do high knees to get to certain spots against ball handlers, cuz if I slide I slip. Also to note, r two other gripes that may just be unique to me or idk if others have experienced this, but 1) I just randomly rolled (not too serious) my ankle on a simple change of direction, don't know if my ankle just gave out or the shoe just didn't give the support and 2) on my right shoe, I'm getting a constant rubbing off of my skin on my inner ankle bone, as if something is chaffing against it.

Overall, I'm really regretting the purchase personally...I ike how my knees feels after playing but that's about it. Regretting the 170 purchase right now, hopefully their not fully broken in yet and I can still salvage something.

Originally Posted by jayhawks96

I do think that the traction on the Lebron is not so good ,my Zoom BB2 only need one wear for the traction to be great . Anw , my feet feel numb after wearing the BB2 so that I couldn't continue wearing them . About the tongue rubbing against the ankle , you can try lacing them other ways . When I lace them up to the 2nd-top hole , my inner ankle hurt but after lacing them up all the way it's fine (but then the fit maybe the problem
ohwell.gif
)

Originally Posted by jayhawks96

I do think that the traction on the Lebron is not so good ,my Zoom BB2 only need one wear for the traction to be great . Anw , my feet feel numb after wearing the BB2 so that I couldn't continue wearing them . About the tongue rubbing against the ankle , you can try lacing them other ways . When I lace them up to the 2nd-top hole , my inner ankle hurt but after lacing them up all the way it's fine (but then the fit maybe the problem
ohwell.gif
)

just got a pair of the all black 8s and i love the fit right out of the box. just cant wait till there "broken in." I never balled in an air max based shoe, so im really curious to see how these feel down the road. Anyone care to share their experience?

just got a pair of the all black 8s and i love the fit right out of the box. just cant wait till there "broken in." I never balled in an air max based shoe, so im really curious to see how these feel down the road. Anyone care to share their experience?

I've been playing in my Veteran's Day VIIIs since november. At first, the skin on my inner ankles was getting eaten up. Badly. I was stubborn enough to keep playing in them and, sure enough, the irritation in the inner ankles goes away. The way the top of the shoe is cut paired with the stiff TPU that keeps the shape of the shoe is what causes this. Rest assured, once they are broken in, the TPU stops rubbing against the inner ankle. It went from an absolute dealbreaker to a non-issue (for me, at least). I will say this: I'm dying to get a pair of thee V2s, but I'm a little scared of the break-in period for the ankle area.
Otherwise, everything else about the shoe is fantastic. The Air Max Elite from the early 2000's was one of my favorite shoes ever, and the VIIIs play very much like those shoes. Great fit, better cushioning setup than the VIIs, and I'm not having the problem with traction that several people are complaining about (I play mostly outdoor ball). 

If you like air max basketball shoes, nothing beats this shoe right now. If you don't, buy a pair of hyperfuses (hyperfuse>hyperdunk 2010 IMO).

I've been playing in my Veteran's Day VIIIs since november. At first, the skin on my inner ankles was getting eaten up. Badly. I was stubborn enough to keep playing in them and, sure enough, the irritation in the inner ankles goes away. The way the top of the shoe is cut paired with the stiff TPU that keeps the shape of the shoe is what causes this. Rest assured, once they are broken in, the TPU stops rubbing against the inner ankle. It went from an absolute dealbreaker to a non-issue (for me, at least). I will say this: I'm dying to get a pair of thee V2s, but I'm a little scared of the break-in period for the ankle area.
Otherwise, everything else about the shoe is fantastic. The Air Max Elite from the early 2000's was one of my favorite shoes ever, and the VIIIs play very much like those shoes. Great fit, better cushioning setup than the VIIs, and I'm not having the problem with traction that several people are complaining about (I play mostly outdoor ball). 

If you like air max basketball shoes, nothing beats this shoe right now. If you don't, buy a pair of hyperfuses (hyperfuse>hyperdunk 2010 IMO).

^^ V2's feel like butter right out the box. I played for maybe seven hours so far. Four hours on Friday, and about three hours today. I'm a frail type of PG, 5'10 145lbs. I'm used to playing in Kobes and any Jordan with Zoom Air, but these are now my go to kicks. There's no rubbing on the ankles whatsoever. I thought they would rub at first, but its pretty flexible. I didn't even notice it. The cushioning is the best, and my feet still feel great after playing in those games today. I was still able to beat my defender off the dribble plenty of times. The traction is one of the best for me, but the court is also clean almost all the time. One slight problem, the first time I played in them I noticed the lacing getting a little loose after a few hours which was not the noticeable today.

^^ V2's feel like butter right out the box. I played for maybe seven hours so far. Four hours on Friday, and about three hours today. I'm a frail type of PG, 5'10 145lbs. I'm used to playing in Kobes and any Jordan with Zoom Air, but these are now my go to kicks. There's no rubbing on the ankles whatsoever. I thought they would rub at first, but its pretty flexible. I didn't even notice it. The cushioning is the best, and my feet still feel great after playing in those games today. I was still able to beat my defender off the dribble plenty of times. The traction is one of the best for me, but the court is also clean almost all the time. One slight problem, the first time I played in them I noticed the lacing getting a little loose after a few hours which was not the noticeable today.

I am still hesitating with pulling the trigger on the v2. I play ball regularly, but my feet have been taking a pounding due to my style of play. My Jordan 2010 are starting to leave my feet a little swollen in the forefoot. Do you think that these will help?

I am still hesitating with pulling the trigger on the v2. I play ball regularly, but my feet have been taking a pounding due to my style of play. My Jordan 2010 are starting to leave my feet a little swollen in the forefoot. Do you think that these will help?

Gonna try the V2's out later this week, I cannot wait. also copped some Elite socks.. ..

been playing in the v1's for a while also. they are great sneakers to me for ball, I think im one of the few that loves Air max over > ZOOM

im 5'9 about 160 pounds, more of a slasher/shooting gaurd and that air max really protects me ..

great job Nike.. doubt I will ball in V3's but just wanted to give my insight on the V1's

Gonna try the V2's out later this week, I cannot wait. also copped some Elite socks.. ..

been playing in the v1's for a while also. they are great sneakers to me for ball, I think im one of the few that loves Air max over > ZOOM

im 5'9 about 160 pounds, more of a slasher/shooting gaurd and that air max really protects me ..

great job Nike.. doubt I will ball in V3's but just wanted to give my insight on the V1's

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

I think im one of the few that loves Air max over > ZOOM

im with you on that. i play 4,5 and zoom just doesn't cut it for me

I think im one of the few that loves Air max over > ZOOM

im with you on that. i play 4,5 and zoom just doesn't cut it for me

I think you'll like the V2s. They have less of the bootie feeling of the V1s and the cushioning feels more comfortable( I dont know how thats possible)

The V3 are good they are different than the V1 and V2.  Its a performance shoe. Its not plush like other versions but I think it will appeal to more people playing Basketball.

I think you'll like the V2s. They have less of the bootie feeling of the V1s and the cushioning feels more comfortable( I dont know how thats possible)

The V3 are good they are different than the V1 and V2.  Its a performance shoe. Its not plush like other versions but I think it will appeal to more people playing Basketball.

Back
Top Bottom