Lebron already won in his mind.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

If the benchmark is Jordan...

Then Lebron ain't surpassing +*@% unless he goes on an unprecented stretch of dominance within the next 10 years w/ no major injuries.

FWIW, he turns 28 at the end of the year. He's close to peaking.
2iu5xf.jpg.gif

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

The hate is so strong. I'm a Kobe fan btw so I'm just tired of seeing transcendant talents get bashed when in reality, we should just appreciate them.

THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by Antidope

I agree. I'm a proponent of HoF > Rings. There are plenty of bums who have rings, and there are plenty of HoF players who don't have rings. One is much easier to achieve than the other. I would rather be a ringless HoF player than a "Good" player who has 2 rings.
Agree 100% with ^ 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

No matter how many Lebron wins.. people will be able to fall back on "Yeah, well he was afraid and joined Wade's team". At least that's the impression I get from the current attitudes in basketball from fans (stupid fans). I hope sooner than later people will be able to let go of Lebron not winning the way they want him to win.
If they win this year, it has an asterisk attached to it due to the lockout.

If they win next year, he's still 3 behind Kobe and 4 behind Jordan.

If he ties Jordan, well his first ring didn't count because of the lockout.

I feel that the heat can now sigh a bit D. Rose is hurt and Chicago done not much of a dog fight till possible finals. I feel that Lebrons drive to win a championship is at its highest right now I'm happy for him and pulling for him to actually win great guy but what he did with the "Decision" stir people in the wrong way...

Originally Posted by ill steelo

No matter how many Lebron wins.. people will be able to fall back on "Yeah, well he was afraid and joined Wade's team". At least that's the impression I get from the current attitudes in basketball from fans (stupid fans). I hope sooner than later people will be able to let go of Lebron not winning the way they want him to win.
If they win this year, it has an asterisk attached to it due to the lockout.

If they win next year, he's still 3 behind Kobe and 4 behind Jordan.

ANDDDDDDDD???????????????????

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!! One step at a time, dude.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Then Lebron ain't surpassing +*@% unless he goes on an unprecented stretch of dominance within the next 10 years w/ no major injuries.

2iu5xf.jpg.gif

?

27-29/30 usually are the peak years for NBA players.  Granted, some continue to peak a year or two after but after that it's a slight decline every year.

He's already the best player ever w/o a ring. Once he gets 1 he's instantly in the top 8-12 range

I just hope everyone appreciates what we're seeing. It's almost like people don't even care how good he is in the regular season or in the first few rounds of playoffs. He's by far the best regular season player ever since MJ but no one cares about that and that's partly his own doing. We just got to see how this post season plays out.

We got about a month or so left til we can re evaluate Lebron's entire career lol

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Exactly.

There is already a built-in "excuse" for the haters.

If he were to win 1, it'll be...

"Well Kobe has 5, Jordan has 6...."

It'll never end.
Well when his fans and the media proclaim him to be in that realm of a player then yea thats what is expected.
This dude is easily the most Gifted basketball player Ever, there is nothing on the court he can't do if the effort is made & on top of this he's playing with a top 5 player in the L right now.... all of that = MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS

I couldnt harp on that in Cle bcuz he was playing with an average team at best. But now there is nothing stopping him from putting himself up there. So no the most talented B-ball player along with another Dominate player by his side should not be solidified with just one ring
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

2iu5xf.jpg.gif

?

27-29/30 usually are the peak years for NBA players.  Granted, some continue to peak a year or two after but after that it's a slight decline every year.
Nah its's just that I don't want to even think about declining years. That gif wasn't to clown you. I just don't want those declining years to come
laugh.gif
tired.gif

^ But they will, father time is undefeated.

The question is, how will lebron's game evolve and how effective can he be when he no longer has an athletic advantage? Thats where kobe has been the last 4 years, having to rely more and more on skill, b-ball IQ, and craftiness. lebron is 27 now, when kobe was 27 (2006 season), he would cook sefalosha(sp?), harden, wade, or anyone else one-on-one, now kobe has to work for every bucket he gets.

If/when he gets one, despite going to MIA, he'll still have a ring. Yeah he went to Wade County but he still would have played a key role in winning a chip.

I wouldn't say that he thinks he has won on the court yet. He keeps himself in great shape. He works on his craft. He cares.

He's just doesn't seem to have a consistent fire though.

LeBron winning only One Ring will not do justice.
I'd have to say he has to win 4+ Rings, which at this time. Does not look likely to happen.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Lebron > Jordan.

Not even kidding.

lulz

Come on man you got to ne kidding. Lebron has earned nothing the NBA and Nike put so much stock into this kid that they had to let him travel on every play call a foul every time he goes to the hole. The product that the NBA was putting out for the late 90's to the early 2000's was terrible they had to put some one out there to try and replace MJ. Game on the line time running out who would you rather have MJ hitting the shot or lebron scared to take the shot.

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

Originally Posted by Antidope

I agree. I'm a proponent of HoF > Rings. There are plenty of bums who have rings, and there are plenty of HoF players who don't have rings. One is much easier to achieve than the other. I would rather be a ringless HoF player than a "Good" player who has 2 rings.
Agree 100% with ^ 
laugh.gif
 give it a rest bro it is different being the "guy" and winning a ring and being derrick fisher…… Lebron is scared of the big moment… dude just doesn't have it face it, regular season means NOTHING!!!! no one remembers losers, dude just has so much marketing $$ behind him you cant forget about him, reguardless hes a fraud

Back
Top Bottom