LeBron and Wade on the break Appreciation

It sometimes annoys me because I think back to Lebron in Cleveland and how he should have been running the whole time.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by TransAm

I can't believe people are comparing D. Wade and Lebron to Jordan and Pippen in this situation.

I can't believe I'm starting to agree with it.

i mean outside of the defensive standpoint and its not like a big gap lebron and pippen are pretty similiar, although id edge lebron on the court vision and passing ability. and ive yet in all his career seen anyone put the clamps on dwade. Am i saying dwade>jordan and lebron>pippen no... but its alot closer then what ppl will give credit for esp seeing theres a higher level of competition at those positions then there was in mj and pippens prime years. And besides that whens the last time you had 2 dominant players at the wing position like this outside of mj and pippen.
Sure both are great but Lebron is a guy who likes to defer to his team maters more before anything, more of an over-sized more athletic Magic Johnson, but those two have not won a single ring while MJ/Pip have won 6 (with MJ being one of the greatest closers ever).....its not a close gap.
If you're just speaking from a skills standpoint, its somewhat close, but give me MJ/Pip anyday especially with them closing a playoff game.

of course from achievements standpoint, but thinking back of the era they played what 2 man tandem could contain lebron/dwade... from an halfcourt or fastbreak standpoint.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It sometimes annoys me because I think back to Lebron in Cleveland and how he should have been running the whole time.

but with who eric snow....lol, i mean he had mo williams and hes cool and all but he is NO dwade. boobie gibson lol

That's my point, they didn't utilize his skills and should have surrounded him with better talent.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

That's my point, they didn't utilize his skills and should have surrounded him with better talent.

that was my point then when he made the "decision" for everyone who wanted him to stay... he didnt wanna become the barry sanders of bball. Hall of fame top 5 player of all time with nuttin to show for it but countless records, and awards and no championships. Like ppl say its good for nash but end of the day the two mvps, the countless seasons of 90/50/50, etc... he wont even be discussed in the likes of an isiah, a magic etc because he didnt win. And since he wont set a record like stockton which btw i think he is something like 4500 assist behind him. He will just be seen as a great pg who was loyal to a team and possibly a second ballot hall of famer. And staying in cleveland thats wouldve been the exact same fate he would have had.

At the end of the day...he's playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Cleveland could not have EVER put a team together with that kind of talent.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

DWade just tossed it up and didnt even look back to see if Bron finished 
laugh.gif
Their chemistry is crazy this year... and it will only grow with time. It's scary

Cavs just needed more athletes and more emphasis on playing in transition. Instead they were annually in the bottom 5 of pace and Hickson was the only athlete, and then got benched for no real reason. Go get a JR Smith or Wilson Chandler on the wing instead of Wally Sczerbiak, Sasha Pavolvic or Anthony Parker and things would have came easier...at least give yourself a chance to break out once in a while. 

Heat got it this summer with drafting Cole, going small more often and losing dead weight with plodders like Bibby and Z. Doesn't mean it's going to result in a championship, but at least you're playing to your strengths. 

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

DWade just tossed it up and didnt even look back to see if Bron finished�
laugh.gif
Their chemistry is crazy this year... and it will only grow with time. It's scary

I need to watch some of these plays more... I think Wade is just continually trying to recreate that "Haters Gonna Hate" pic (posted earlier in the thread), so he'll never look at Bron finishing again. 
laugh.gif

I'm also mildly amused that at the time of the Wade steal, Lebron was the furthest player from the basket and just ran past everyone else (just standing around watching) to finish the alley-oop.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Cavs just needed more athletes and more emphasis on playing in transition. Instead they were annually in the bottom 5 of pace and Hickson was the only athlete, and then got benched for no real reason. Go get a JR Smith or Wilson Chandler on the wing instead of Wally Sczerbiak, Sasha Pavolvic or Anthony Parker and things would have came easier...at least give yourself a chance to break out once in a while. 

Heat got it this summer with drafting Cole, going small more often and losing dead weight with plodders like Bibby and Z. Doesn't mean it's going to result in a championship, but at least you're playing to your strengths. 

but and i cant stress this enough you do know he was in cleveland right? i mean you have to get a clorophyl rag and a potato sack and kidnap players to come and play here. no chance in hell you get someone remotely great/good to come play in cleveland. i mean outside of him nance and ehlo what players have they ever had? and all those players were there solely on the fact they were drafted there and stuck under contract. What great player in any sport in cleveland history has choosen to come play in cleveland outside of maybe baseball and now that i think about it the good players they had were traded.

I can honestly say that of all sportstowns, cleveland is the only city that comes to mind that has never had great player choose to play there in any facet in any sport.

Originally Posted by LDJ

but and i cant stress this enough you do know he was in cleveland right? i mean you have to get a clorophyl rag and a potato sack and kidnap players to come and play here. no chance in hell you get someone remotely great/good to come play in cleveland. i mean outside of him nance and ehlo what players have they ever had? and all those players were there solely on the fact they were drafted there and stuck under contract. What great player in any sport in cleveland history has choosen to come play in cleveland outside of maybe baseball and now that i think about it the good players they had were traded.

I can honestly say that of all sportstowns, cleveland is the only city that comes to mind that has never had great player choose to play there in any facet in any sport.

But, I gave examples of JR Smith and Wilson Chandler, not Wade and Kobe. Could have acquired athletes through trade just like they did with the nonathletic, spot up shooters. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

But, I gave examples of JR Smith and Wilson Chandler, not Wade and Kobe. Could have acquired athletes through trade just like they did with the nonathletic, spot up shooters. 

but what would they have to offer to get a player like jr smith, a jamal crawford etc type player... and again they wouldnt sign a long term deal nor would wanna be there.

Only half decent player who said he would have gone to Cleveland was Ariza, but problem was his contract was 1 yr before LeBron's and he said he didn't know what LeBron was going to do and didn't want to be stuck there by himself. Amare said he would have to be alongside LeBron, but I think he was just attention whoring and trying to redirect the conversation to himself because he was the first one to sign.

LeBron gets too much +*%# IMO about "teaming up with other all stars," as if MJ, Magic, and especially Bird didn't play with multiple Hall of Famers. People underestimate how good those dude's so called sidekicks were and forget that when MJ went to play baseball for example, Pippen came in 2nd in MVP voting and put up 33ppg in a sweep of the Cavaliers.

When you turn the ball over against these guys, its a done deal. Chris Bosh doesn't even run anymore. Its even more amazing in person. A 6'8" 265 LB man running damb near a 4-3 40 time. Its bonkers. More vids though... we must appreciate...

INDIANA.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

From a defender's standpoint....this duo must be the hardest to stop on a fast break, possibly in NBA history.

LeBron is the size of Karl Malone....both have a history of huge dunks / force / etc.. and their timing on alley-oops, etc is just perfect.

I wish Kobe had a running mate
frown.gif

i would agree as menacing as mj was... lebron comming full steam to the lane... you gtf out the way period. id take my chances tryin to stop mj on a fastbreak over standing infron of lbj. and its not like dwade is a slouch either. ppl moved from jordan because of the shame/embarrass factor, with lbj you move out the way for fear of getting run over/getting hurt.

and with kobe just watching how he plays, i couldnt imagine him having a dominate wingman; its just hes to much of a one on one iso player, and cant see him having a 2 man game outside of a bigman, in which they wouldnt be working/playing in his area
A+

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

From a defender's standpoint....this duo must be the hardest to stop on a fast break, possibly in NBA history.

LeBron is the size of Karl Malone....both have a history of huge dunks / force / etc.. and their timing on alley-oops, etc is just perfect.

I wish Kobe had a running mate
frown.gif

i would agree as menacing as mj was... lebron comming full steam to the lane... you gtf out the way period. id take my chances tryin to stop mj on a fastbreak over standing infron of lbj. and its not like dwade is a slouch either. ppl moved from jordan because of the shame/embarrass factor, with lbj you move out the way for fear of getting run over/getting hurt.

and with kobe just watching how he plays, i couldnt imagine him having a dominate wingman; its just hes to much of a one on one iso player, and cant see him having a 2 man game outside of a bigman, in which they wouldnt be working/playing in his area
A+

I'm starting to think Lebron might not even need a ring based on his sheer athleticism. The guy is just one of the best to ever do it.

Its fun to watch, intill its a close game in the fourth and the have to play halfcourt
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bleach
I don't know if my ears are deceiving me, but I'm seriously shocked that the Washington crowd is cheering Lebron James that loudly (a man who was their playoff nemesis for years).

I love watching these dudes on a fast break. I'm not a big fan of the squad but these dudes on a fast break is just plain ridiculous! I feel like they have desensitized us from their ridiculous dunks that we can see it a mile away from when it's about to happen. As a fan of the game, they give you no choice but to appreciate it.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom