Lebron is a cheapskate...

man i work at a restaurant....and most you guys dont even understand how it is 2 work at a restaurent.....i hate poeple who tip like 10%.....not trying 2 beracist but black people dont tip for *****............ we only do grats on party of 6 or more.....and its only 15% and we have 2 share our tips with thechef.... sdkajsd anyways....yea like 5 parties of black people stiffed me today...with great service....... really makes me mad...

^ black folks are notorious for not tipping
laugh.gif
I even took a dollar offthe table one time because I felt the waitress wasn't doing her job good enough
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Chalk me up as one who finds this extremly hard to believe.

I mean a ten dollar tip on a eight-hundred dollar bill? Lebron James?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know "WE" don't tip for nothing. But got DAMN.....
eek.gif

One other thing to consider is some poeple go by $1 tip/drink. Doesn't make sense really but I have heard people who do.

Lebron is known to order up King Louis shots for himself...and those run $250 a shot at some upscale joints. If he's w/ the Horsemen or a low-keygroup...if each guy has 2-3 drinks then maaaaaaybe Lebron could get a pass?

Either way...Off a $800 tab if you don't leave a G at least that's unnacceptable....AND you made them stay open later?

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

One other thing to consider is some poeple go by $1 tip/drink. Doesn't make sense really but I have heard people who do.

Lebron is known to order up King Louis shots for himself...and those run $250 a shot at some upscale joints. If he's w/ the Horsemen or a low-key group...if each guy has 2-3 drinks then maaaaaaybe Lebron could get a pass?

Either way...Off a $800 tab if you don't leave a G at least that's unnacceptable....AND you made them stay open later?
If you ordering shots of upscale liquor then you are putting yourself in a different tip bracket too. the one dollar per drink should be applied ifyour drinks are under 7 bucks. and your by yourself.

laugh.gif
I'd love to hear what some of you dudes expect these waiters or waitresses to do in order to get a quality tip... Dudes talkin about "Go aboveand beyond"... The hell does that even mean? What do you expect these people to do in order to deserve a quality tip?

Wait staffers will get 20% from me for making sure my drink is never empty, not having a bad attitude, and not stopping by my table every 4 seconds to makesure I'm doing OK. Make sure the food is prepared correctly, keep an eye on the drinks, and let me enjoy my meal. Unless you're just fumbling drinksand food on the table and messing up orders, I never tip less than 15%. And even then, there's an extent to which you just have to expect those things tohappen occasionally.

Can somebody tell me why people always seem to speak on what rich people should do with their money? Its always if I had that much I would do this, that, andthe other well get out there get that money somehow and lead by example.

I see why some people are stuck though trying to play big shots when they know they are financially built like that.

That being said I always give these cats a tip even with suck behind service. They might have had a bad day so I try no to be judgemental of them or people ingeneral.

Also..........its not always the waiters fault....if theyre is bad service.....think of it like this....there is only a certain amount ofmaterials...(cups,plates) etc..... where i work on fri sat and sunday its super super busy....i take like 10 tables ( our tables take 8-14 poeple) and we have18 tables........imagine all those table filled up....cups...plates everywhere.....sumtimes when u try 2 refill dat one coke dat is empty...you cant b/c thereno freakin cups....and the customers look at you like ur lazy and !+%%....i really hate dat.........cuz im sure no one ever tries 2 give anyone bad service....

not trying 2 be racist but black people dont tip for *****
This can fly on NT but some free advice if you ever get famous never say anything like this (I'm not trying to be racist, sexist, whatevercause whatever comes afterwards sounds like you were about to cover your tracks already) even if you think its true. You will get in trouble for generalizinga whole group of people regardless of race. Thats it hope you can find a better gig soon as possible since working as waiter doesn't seem to be where itsat money wise at least for some. My man works at a hotel in downtown Philly and gets tips out the you know where.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

not trying 2 be racist but black people dont tip for *****
This can fly on NT but some free advice if you ever get famous never say anything like this (I'm not trying to be racist, sexist, whatever cause whatever comes afterwards sounds like you were about to cover your tracks already) even if you think its true. You will get in trouble for generalizing a whole group of people regardless of race. Thats it hope you can find a better gig soon as possible since working as waiter doesn't seem to be where its at money wise at least for some. My man works at a hotel in downtown Philly and gets tips out the you know where.

yeah and asian people cant drive. relax, its a stereotype.
but these people must be dedicated riders if theyre supporting lebron in this situation.

Man, there is a of ignorance in this thread I can tell many of you have never worked in the food service industries
at my job we rely on tips ALONE. My hourly pay is so low that they don't even bother to print out a check for me, because
that would be a waste of paper. I told all my co-workers about it and it got a
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
from everyone.

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

so if it's bad service, do u guys still tip 15% or more?

Me personally depending on what my cash looks like I give them anywhere between 10-20% but if the service is not up 2 par such as not refillin my drinks,not checkin up on me 2 see if I need anythin, not bringin my foods or drinks in a timely manner, and just not being a friendly person I give them a little lessthen 10% but I will never not give them a tip unless they truly just suck

I've worked in the hospitality industry before and counting the tips is like the best part of my day. But tipping is OPTIONAL, sure it would make alot ofwaiters happy if lebron tipped more, but don't forget the other charity stuff lebron does.. it should count for something. $10 is better than nothing, butmaybe the US culture finds it socially unacceptable.

First time coming in this thread and thats just foul....whenever me and friends go out to eat we ALWAYS tip 15-20%. And we never want to live by the sterotypethat young black people don't tip
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jaykhu

I've worked in the hospitality industry before and counting the tips is like the best part of my day. But tipping is OPTIONAL, sure it would make alot of waiters happy if lebron tipped more, but don't forget the other charity stuff lebron does.. it should count for something. $10 is better than nothing, but maybe the US culture finds it socially unacceptable.

What does his charity work have 2 do with anything?

I do charity work, so should I be excluded from leaving a tip?

And if you think tips are stupid tell that to your Boss the next time he gives you a bonus or a raise for your hardwork

Back
Top Bottom