LeBron James hype is out of control (columnist goes IN)

Originally Posted by Mr Cool Grey

Its funny how you NTers go and say:

"o the lebron hype is overrated aha huhha dhdjfeksfhjsdjbnsdjkbs"

But yet you guys continuesly post LEBRON stuff on NT.

smh.gif
Does Lebron even know you?.....yeah I thought so. stop defending him every chance you get its mad suspet.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Well, you see... when you imply something you're not directly saying it.

imply: to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated: His words implied a lack of faith.
I know what imply means. No need for definitions, bro.

And I believe we can all go to dictionary.com.
So, no, I won't point out where you said that because I can't.
Well then, don't go off what you think I mean or what you think my hidden agenda is. Go off what I say. The text yousee on your screen.
But your statement had absolutely nothing to do with the article at hand.

So what was your point in posting?
And my point in posting....Well, It's because I can.

And because Bianchi is quite possibly the saltiest, homerish writer out there.

And Bianchi is the author of an article that is rife w/ NaCL.

And that article, just so happens to be the one you posted.

ohwell.gif

It's the same reason why people mention **#% about Jason Whitlock & Skip Bayless when they write articles.

You have to take what they say w/ a grain of salt.

Or a cup in some cases.

Doesn't mean that they don't speak truths.

Article was corny as Hell, [honestly if someone would have not posted that it was a real article I would have thought your average message boarder wrote it]but yeah there's truth to what he says [which was blatant to everyone anyway]

Originally Posted by Mr Cool Grey

Its funny how you NTers go and say:

"o the lebron hype is overrated aha huhha dhdjfeksfhjsdjbnsdjkbs"

But yet you guys continuesly post LEBRON stuff on NT.

smh.gif
Log off son
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Mike Bianici is quite possibly the saltiest, homerish writer out there.
I get that feeling as well...but he's spitting some truth in here. Comes off as a stan, but he's sort of right.

I think all of this is bigger than Lebron though...it says more about this annoying trend that's gotten bigger in the last decade or so. Everyone is alwayslooking to crown the "next big thing" or compare the stars of today to the legends of the past...or have rankingsabout anything and everything...and this isn't strictly about sports, it happens in music, TV, movies, etc...people need to calm the @*$% down withcomparisons, rankings and putting famous people on pedestals.
Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

btw, this should be relevant to this thread...
LeBron James who has already broken Dwyane Wade's record in Free Throw Attempts in a Playoff series, is now looking to break another Playoff Free Throw Attempt record, this one held by Shaquille O'neal.

James, averaging 13.7 FTA these Playoffs, is on pace to break O'Neal's Playoff record for Total FTA this season, and get this... in FEWER GAMES!

O'Neal, with a Playoff FTA record of 296 FTA after 23 games, is closely followed behind James' 151 FTA after only 11 games! As of May 25th, at the pace James is heading, and assuming he makes it to the NBA Finals, it will only take him a total of 22 games (1 game less than O'Neal) to break O'Neal's nine-year old Playoff record.

James already has set the record for FTA in a Playoff Series with 19.3 FTA against Pistons; a record previously held by Dwyane Wade in 2006 against the Mavericks at 16.2 FTA.

James, in his young career, is also closely placed 2nd behind O'Neal in Playoff Career FTA at 10.5 per game, with O'Neal holding the top spot at just 11.2 per game; just 0.7 attempts ahead of James.

eek.gif

Wow.
Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

During a timeout while the Magic dancers were on the floor, LeBron actually walked right through the middle of their routine. Amazingly, none of the dancers were whistled for a foul.

Remember when Fox announcer Thom Brennaman crooned during the national championship game, "If you're fortunate enough to spend five minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it."
Originally Posted by CP1708

One shot in Game 2 of a conference final against little ol' Orlando breaks a decades-long curse? Really? Coming soon: LeBron buzzer-beater fixes foreclosure crisis.
eek.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's the same reason why people mention **#% about Jason Whitlock & Skip Bayless when they write articles.

You have to take what they say w/ a grain of salt.

Or a cup in some cases.

Doesn't mean that they don't speak truths.
I agree with this entire section.

But it doesn't mean they're always wrong, and in this case this writer has accurate points.

To play devil's advocate Lebron lurks around a lot on defense so the only time he can get fouls is offensive and those few times he's in the painthacking for a steal. Other than that he's not that rougher on defense.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

"The writer is salty."

What a cliche response...
smh.gif

He's telling the truth.
I take it you're not familiar w/ Bianchi's work?
But it doesn't mean they're always wrong, and in this case this writer has accurate points.
This is true. Which is why I never said this was a bad article or that he was wrong.

^he definitely is .

The Ray Allen shot didn't even get this much hype & they won the series .

Disgusting .
smh.gif

Let's not forget that Lebron is quite possibly the hardest guy to referee since maybe Shaq.

I mean, he causes/receives so much contact.

You gotta call something.

aren't we all to blame for the hype surrounding him? how ironic the writer is fed up with the hype lebron's getting, yet he writes about the guy...

This is true. Which is why I never said this was a bad article or that he was wrong.

Okay, so then what was the point of your original post?

To prove that the writer has a history of bias/yellow journalism?

It had nothing to do with the article posted, other than to point out that he is the "salty (sic), homerish writer out there."

Let's not forget that Lebron is quite possibly the hardest guy to referee since maybe Shaq.

other then game 2 i cant remember him been called for a charge in this serise, he is running Mickael Pietrus over like he is a running back atleast 3 times agame and no call

the worse one in game 3 on one play bron did this

caught the inbound pass and slides his feet and travels no call, then carrys the ball and no call and then gets away with 2 offense fouls on Mickael Pietrusand no call. the result of the play? blocking foul on Mickael Pietrus

then you add in the fact that he drives on howard and howard cant even put his hands up on bron or a foul is getting called

Hmmm that goes for his traveling, carrying, and when he's hacking on defense.

I don't get why y'all are getting on dre's case for...is the writer biased? YES. Does he come off as salty? Certainly. But he is saying sometruths? Yep...and dre already said so.

The article would have had more merit if it would have come from a neutral columnist, but it didn't...yet it still doesn't take away from some of the@+#% he was saying.

Back
Top Bottom