Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Just an update on the elites for hooping. Wore them for a league game today and they worked out great... Well, we lost the game but they were comfy af :lol:

If you already have a broken-in lunarlon insert from the regular XI, I HIGHLY recommend throwing them in the elites (exact same lunarlon/zoom setup). Made a world of difference. I'm thinking because obviously a broken-in insert has already somewhat compressed and molded to your foot bed. This increases the volume within the shoe and helped decrease the overall tightness of the midfoot. Gave me more step-in comfort as well as alleviated most of the lateral shank rubbing. NBA socks took care of the rest of the rubbing.

They were still extremely supportive but not restrictive like they were initially. After the game I had no pain or general foot soreness whatsoever.

I still did somewhat feel that indian burn sensation from the rubber dots on my ankle and back of heel. But I had to be consciously thinking about it, which doesn't happen much during a game. It was more of an annoyance than anything, but as I stated before, it does keep your heel locked in (albeit by untraditional means). It did wear my socks in that region faster than normal, but there were no signs of skin irritation or blistering.

To sum it up:

-If you have a broken-in insert, throw them in there for an immediate increase in comfort.

-If you don't, pray that your feet survive the break-in process. It'll be worth it once the upper become slightly more flexible and the lunarlon starts to give and take shape.

Also, for those worried about aesthetics: I hit the deck multiple times and caught a few sneakers grazing mine. No scratches whatsoever on the chrome.

Of course, this was just my experience. Take it for what it's worth. All I know for certain is that I'm extremely happy I stuck with them and they will most definitely be my main hoop shoe for the time being. IMO, the Hero's are hands down the best looking XIs on-court :pimp:

Hope this helps anyone interested in these for hooping!

Last edited:

god it's so nice to see someone use that phrase correctly.
that phrase has always bothered me. despite the chart, i feel that "couldn't care less" is the best way to convey the message that you don't give a ****. 
nerd.gif

edit: but i guess thats what you were getting at as well...props to both of you for using it right. 

Last edited:
I have no idea
laugh.gif

GIS for "oh snap .gif" and there was a funny one of a pole-vaulter breaking his pole...but it was like 4MB over the limit. So...creepy little dude was #2

Back
Top Bottom