Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
The XI will still sell out in most colors, this really has no bearing on the general public buying them. We are just OCD on what he wears...

I think it has, and will continue to have an affect on how his shoes sell. Me personally, I grew up watching MJ, and wanted whatever shoes he was wearing. Just think of all the special moments Jordan had on that WE SAW as kids and said to yourself, I need those shoes, and still to this day this holds true. Whether it be cause we couldn't get them back then or afford them, or simply just want a new pair. Now people have the opportunity (the historical significance keeps the memory of what he did in THOSE shoes alive in our memory) and eat it up. Think about the kids watching Lebron today, as I'm sure he has just as many kids who idolize, and try to emulate him. I know personally I did everything I could to try and be "Like Mike" growing up. Not to say there will be any special moments like those this year, but if when/if there is, people will look at his feet. That's my opinion of course.

WOW  my DTLR order of the aways got cancelled that was $190 shipped, they said it was out of stock, did anyone else experience the same thing? wish I can get it somewhere else under retail anybody know where i can scoop them up under retail? :frown:

There's a big world beyond NT bro. Not everything begins and ends with NT.

That's exactly my point.

The entire world is not discussing the toebox issues and why Lebron isn't wearing the shoe.

It's not polarizing, it's not making headlines everywhere.

It's just the new Lebron. Let's not kid ourselves with these overreactions lol

just gave the KPs their final (third) try.  i was trying to run drills this morning and only got like 30 minutes into it before i had to stop and take a seat. These shoes are not good for ME to hoop in. damn shame man
mean.gif

the pain in my feet was just too much. i think someone finally put it into words when they said the XI's cushion doesnt have any spring to it. The sinking feeling of the XI is comfortable to stand in, comfortable to walk in, but soon as you start really running in it? naaaaaaah.

not for me. im permanently switching back to the Xs. ish F'ed up my workout this morning man
mean.gif

Lot of problems with this shoe. Got turf toe last year in football and made my bunyons worse. LeBrons shoes have always been good for my bunyons.

It's interesting.  With my replacement pair of KPs, I seemed to get better response from the zoom unit than in the pair I had to send back.  Could have been just that it was me trying the shoe out all over again. Not sure.

I haven't had enough on court time in these yet, but apparently the insert becomes less mushy after some real good break-in time.  This would seem to make sense as the lunarlon molds a bit more to your foot and compacts a little.

I know some don't want to deal with any issues at first, but from my perspective and after breaking these shoes in, they feel incredibly good.  It was almost worth it to me, in a weird way lol.  I'm no LeBron by any means, but I do take these to the gym and wear them for all kinds of different routines...and I must say, I haven't had a shoe feel better than these.  I'm going to quit complaining about what LeBron is doing and focus on getting these Aways 
devil.gif

just gave the KPs their final (third) try.  i was trying to run drills this morning and only got like 30 minutes into it before i had to stop and take a seat. These shoes are not good for ME to hoop in. damn shame man
mean.gif

the pain in my feet was just too much. i think someone finally put it into words when they said the XI's cushion doesnt have any spring to it. The sinking feeling of the XI is comfortable to stand in, comfortable to walk in, but soon as you start really running in it? naaaaaaah.

not for me. im permanently switching back to the Xs. ish F'ed up my workout this morning man
mean.gif
Yea never has a shoe just annoyed me so much that I had to return it multiple times.It just aint meant for my feet but I will make them FI's work lol.

The wife copped my always at footlocker yesterday & got it using the birthday coupon posted in the coupon thread, gave the worker the VIP number & showed the coupon on her phone that I texted ....175.00 out the door #winning

Last edited:
i still find it difficult to believe that its the toebox that is the problem due to the fact that nike "makes their products to the exact specifications of...yadda yadda yadda." i am pretty sure that the process of making the shoe include with taking a cast of lebrons foot. but ok

Maybe he just likes that it propels him forward more? The shoe itself is amazing has great court feel and lock down, issues I encountered where lateral movement for whatever reason most likely my issue and how locked down it was ankle felt tooo restricted

people saying the shoe "sinks" makes me feel like it's close to running in firm sand? is that how it feels? That would be terrible for athletic use

Just making sure, even though the XI has the removable/modular cushioning system nobody at all had seen any kind of alternate setups? I thought we would have seen something by now. The Kobes at least had the option on ID. It's not like it's a cost cutting thing or the cheaper non sigs would have it. What's going on there?

Okay Fam...so I had a pair of ID Elite Xs and now the Aways.  Messing with the laces...doing some swaps.  What do you guys think looks better red laces or black?  Lace Lock is from my Pressures.

Back
Top Bottom