Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters

Starting to completely lose interest in buying shoes. We try to give these companies our money, and they apparently don't want it. Scoring a pair of shoes off the internet is just as difficult as winning the lottery. And when you cop in store, you have to be there 7 hours early just for a chance, and they only have 1 pair per size (12 shoes). Nike could have made, and sold, 100K more of these Lebrons, and at $250, thats 25 Million. Why do they not want this money. Their business model is terrible. And having limited quantities doesnt drive up hype, it just makes people upset and drives them away. 
Yeah, you are completely wrong on that last part. Their model is genius, and they control the hype. Very few addicts quit the game because of this...

I really can't believe I overslept on this release. smh. Sounds like it was fairly easy for those who were locked in. Enjoy your pairs, guys.

I pray all the people who copped just to flip get in fatal car accidents
mad.gif
Hopefully your god doesn't listen to you 
sick.gif

sorry... its like we gonna have pages of convo about what they flipping for? im just happy I got in on a "limited" release for once. its been a long time :lol:

Word I feel you.

I understand where you're coming from. It's different than it was back then. It's a shame that nowadays you strike out more than you succeed.

I'm just discussing the resale value because it's actually pretty interesting, The economic model is really extraordinary. How the value jumps 150-200% in just an hour

I struck out. I'm going to move on with my life despite the toll the sneaker rat race can take on you. Buying things shouldn't be so hard. But Nike isn't the only offender.

Congrats to all who were able to cop. You win some, you lose some. But no need for wishing bodily harm on people for a material thing. Don't let old stick get the best of you like Cain and Abel. Seriously, Nike will drop another limited shoe in a few days, the week after that, etc.

Starting to completely lose interest in buying shoes. We try to give these companies our money, and they apparently don't want it. Scoring a pair of shoes off the internet is just as difficult as winning the lottery. And when you cop in store, you have to be there 7 hours early just for a chance, and they only have 1 pair per size (12 shoes). Nike could have made, and sold, 100K more of these Lebrons, and at $250, thats 25 Million. Why do they not want this money. Their business model is terrible. And having limited quantities doesnt drive up hype, it just makes people upset and drives them away. 

Stoooooooop crying.

Nike has a wall full of shoes at every store in America if you're just dying to give nike your money.

And I don't recall seeing you in this thread when the KPs and Aways were released in those high numbers you're begging for.

So, because you struck out on a shoe you were told ahead of time was extremely exclusive, Nike all of a sudden doesn't know how to run their business?

Lol

Slept in, struck out... No one to blame but myself. Looks like a lot of the fam made it happen though! Excellent work, enjoy!

On to the next shoe I will convince myself I need to have!

Last edited:
Stoooooooop crying.

Nike has a wall full of shoes at every store in America if you're just dying to give nike your money.

And I don't recall seeing you in this thread when the KPs and Aways were released in those high numbers you're begging for.

So, because you struck out on a shoe you were told ahead of time was extremely exclusive, Nike all of a sudden doesn't know how to run their business?

Lol

Pretty much. Here's the solution. Don't buy anything from 'em moving forward. Won't happen. As creased as I have been numerous times, still doesn't keep me "coming back for more". Yes, I am more selective and less inclined to jump on every last thing NIke puts out, but by and large, it hasn't kept me from occasionally "buying into" the hype. As time goes on, and this becomes more and more a hassle and less fun, I am less inclined to do much outside the norm to get what I want. I am an "old fart" in this "game" and really do admire some of the young bucks who grind and scrounge their way into many pairs/multiple pairs of stuff they want, but those days are behind me. At some point, I will finally be content with my 4 or 5 Jordan grails sitting in a box, a bunch of retro trainers that I will forever love and wear, and handful of more recent NIke BBall releases that my kids MAY someday appreciate because they sorta remember Lebron, KD, or Kobe - :tongue:.

Back
Top Bottom