Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
They have to continually pay Mike for running his last name and 'Jumpman' likeness.

They made 2 billion off of his name and he reportedly pocketed 60 million(I think it is more) but doesn't come close to what they made off him regardless I think lebron is a bit overrated but eventually will be given the Jordan treatment.

They made 2 billion off of his name and he reportedly pocketed 60 million(I think it is more) but doesn't come close to what they made off him regardless I think lebron is a bit overrated but eventually will be given the Jordan treatment.

Agreed on the money aspect but I think he's earned way more than 60M - in fact he's one of the top earners in sports annually despite being retired for a decade now.

Again I don't think there'll be a Lebron brand - they still don't have a consistent logo for him and his product has very prominent 'Swoosh' placement.

You guys really don't think Nike is paying Lebron for what they earned off of his shoes?

Agreed on the money aspect but I think he's earned way more than 60M - in fact he's one of the top earners in sports annually despite being retired for a decade now.

Again I don't think there'll be a Lebron brand - they still don't have a consistent logo for him and his product has very prominent 'Swoosh' placement.

That's just for this year alone but I still think he earns more than 50-60 million a year.

So they won't do that with LeBron? Which means what?
Nike will continue to own the rights to the designs.

Jordan having his own brand could create a fuzzy legal situation if he were to ever leave the "Nike realm". Hypothetically, Michael Jordan might be able to take his signature shoe designs and release them under another company, like Adidas, if things ever fell off with Nike.

Obviously Nike doesn't want to go down this road again with Lebron, one of their top earning athletes. Which is part of the reason why most of his designs are plastered with huge swooshes (and wouldn't look right without them)

(Vood99 correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:
It's funny how everyone keeps complaining about the $200 price, yet they're willing to spend $220+ to get a pair of foamposites or barkley posites.  Looking at the tech sheet, these Lebron XI's are loaded with way more tech than the foamposite and even have the new "armour posite" as well.  Once really nice coloways start dropping people will buy them no matter what the price.

Jordan having his own brand could create a fuzzy legal situation if he were to ever leave the "Nike realm". Hypothetically, Michael Jordan might be able to take his signature shoe designs and release them under another company, like Adidas, if things ever fell off with Nike.

Obviously Nike doesn't want to go down this road again with Lebron, one of their top earning athletes. Which is part of the reason why most of his designs are plastered with huge swooshes (and wouldn't look right without them)

bahunt8, you're on the money my man! Nice to see signs of intelligence every once in a while! :wink:

JB is way too important to Nike to ever let that happen. JB is one of the top money makers for them and if that ever happened nike would lose billions of dollars. However it would be something to see it transpire

Last edited:
I think that this shoe Lebron XI proves that Lebron will never have his own line at Nike. As we all know they stopped the swoosh with 2 on MJ. The way the swoosh is kinda forced in the middle proves it to me. It shows me that nike had to fit that swoosh in their somewhere.

I think that this shoe Lebron XI proves that Lebron will never have his own line at Nike. As we all know they stopped the swoosh with 2 on MJ. The way the swoosh is kinda forced in the middle proves it to me. It shows me that nike had to fit that swoosh in their somewhere.

Different times, different contracts, different money, and technically it is his own line, hes just backed by Nike. We dont know what kind of perks Lebron has keeping the swoosh on his shoes as suppose to what was offered to MJ at the time

Different times, different contracts, different money, and technically it is his own line, hes just backed by Nike. We dont know what kind of perks Lebron has keeping the swoosh on his shoes as suppose to what was offered to MJ at the time
Not only that but when Tinker was making the AJ VII, he didn't show nike air anywhere on the shoe besides the insole because he believed that the jumpman could stand alone without any visible signs of nike. What you said pretty much says it all but just wanted to give my insight

Back
Top Bottom