Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Out of everything that I've seen so far these and the TW's are the only colorways I'm on the fence about but the fact that this colorway is a lot more basic than the others I may have to grab them just cause I'll get a lot more wear out of them then the wilder colorways and I'm gonna have to see how the TW's 3m looks in person before I'm sold
I'm the opposite, I am passing because I have too many Black red shoes and I will prob get these in only a couple times a year.. I just want the different creative color ways to have different Looks..
I'm in the same boat. From all the years of collecting/playing in Jordans, I have more than enough black/red shoes. It's not that I think black/red colorways aren't nice anymore, more just that I like trying to have more variety in colorways. If I cop a black/red shoe these days, I have to really be blown away by it, and the Aways are cool but not totally a must have, for me anyway, compared to some of the other colorways.

I don't know where all this " Pre Heat" talk came from. Them orange joints are the "Forging Irons". It says it on the box & this pic was already posted in here several times.

View media item 619961

Fools will slap a "Pre Heat" nickname on a pair of Adidas next. :smh:

When I saw this box...

:lol: thought I was trippin. I have no idea what the hell is going on with that box, lol.

and started thinking as others did...

this came to mind:

View media item 620864
When they take the molten hot liquid metal and pour it into a form (which I think the box is supposed to be) and then once it cools they open the form (again the box) and you have the shoes.

It could be a reach, but that's what I would do, I think it would be creative. :D

Oranges are dope. What are they called tho.

Urban Orange?

Forging Iron?

Orange sickle?
Urban Orange is the actual color description of the shoe on the box. "Forging Iron" is the "nickname" Nike has given them, like "King's Pride" or "Terracotta Warriors." 

New nicknames will be given to them from members that's just the way it goes. 

When I saw this box...

:lol: thought I was trippin. I have no idea what the hell is going on with that box, lol.

this came to mind:

View media item 620864
When they take the molten hot liquid metal and pour it into a form (which I think the box is supposed to be) and then once it cools they open the form (again the box) and you have the shoes.

It could be a reach, but that's what I would do, I think it would be creative. :D

I definitely thought of this when I thought of the term "Forging Iron", but that said, I still don't quite understand the structure of the actual box. Is that even a box? It probably won't make sense to me until someone takes a picture from a different angle :lol:

my pair from NDC looks pretty mint but I still need to go over them in daylight

one thing that surprised me about this shoe was the width, really cut wide IMO, but also from the pics I saw I really thought they were going to be I don't know how to describe it but I guess more durable and harder materials

in hand I was really impressed by how soft and flexible the materials were

I am def passing on the aways, I dislike the sole, if it were a translucent or black sole I would cop

was going to order my Miami Nights ID, but I may choose to double up on the KPs before they dry up because that colorway is dope in person, I want to pull mine out this weekend to see how they look in sunlight

All these KP pictures, I need to bite the bullet and buy a pair already...
Between DGS and whether or not my new found connect at Footlocker have them (with discount), the trigger will be pulled by me today. Hopefully Footlocker has my size so I can get them in store for the low, but I'm fine with going the DSG route. Rather get these now and wait a while on the aways. They'll be easy to get months from now, but the KP's are drying up.

When I saw this box...

this came to mind:

View media item 620864

Agreed on the idea, but in reality, what is being done in the above photo is casting, not forging.

I have one dent. Probably wouldn't notice if I wasn't look for it. Not as obvious as y'all's. The glue work is fine on mine.

The denting stuff is worry me though. If someone steps on my foot is it going to dent?

Quick question for those who already own a pair: Is the armorposite as strong and durable as foamposite?

Thinkin about coppin the Away's just to match my girlfriends Louboutins.. think it'd be a good His & Hers match? Either this or I was thinking Yeezy II Solar Reds, but the Aways just look way more boss... Yay or Nay? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thinkin about coppin the Away's just to match my girlfriends Louboutins.. think it'd be a good His & Hers match? Either this or I was thinking Yeezy II Solar Reds, but the Aways just look way more boss... Yay or Nay? Thoughts?
If that's how you wanna justify it, why not? They definitely match, especially with the gloss of each respective shoe. Plus they're easier and cheaper to attain than the Yeezys. And IMO, they look better than the Yeezy II's as well.

Last edited:
Forged iron was also an option when the ID preview popped up. It's the gradient/splatter on the upper as pictured here:

8d600ad0_Nike-LeBron-XI-Forging-Iron-7.jpeg

And here in a forged iron ID preview posted by member yotk13:

350x700px-LL-d68b8de0_lakerslebron.png

Definitely looking forward to that option hitting ID.

Back
Top Bottom