let this thread die (NYK)

might hafta become a Net fan after this one...Brooklyn huh?
tired.gif

Melo, Douglas, and Fields were absolutely horrible tonight. Amare wasn't doing well either. Can't even be mad, bc it was an off night by everyone on the team besides Bill Walker. It was brought up during the celtics game too, but all this team does is chuck shots on the perimeter. There are 0 players who penetrate...outside of 1 runner by fields and that last drive by Lin leading to Jordan's foul a minute ago, i don't think i saw one actual drive by a guard/wing today.

Melo just posts and chucks, Douglas and Fields either chuck or pass OB or to the other team. I'm not sure I saw Bibby within 18 feet of the other team's basket the entire night (and why was he the one guarding Rush, the only competent looking player on the floor in the 3rd quarter?) . If Baron and Shumpert do not come back soon, this is going to happen on many other nights. GS could've won by much much more if Ellis had his shot in the first half, and I can't imagine how bad it would've been if they had Curry. Can't win games just chucking. The Knicks looked like one of those low-seeded NCAA tourney teams that try to win by standing outside and making more 3s than pts they give up. Looks like Baron's going to need to save Antoni's job...

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Tyson Chandler 2 pts 3 rebounds.

What he brings isn't shown in the box. I couldn't care less about his numbers, as long as he continues to bring that defensive presence.Horrible game offensively. Gotta get it together. No reason we should be standing around shooting jumpers.

you know what's funny? This more than likely is a team that Phil Jackson probably thinks he can work with in the triangle.

right now it just is an odd fit. going to give it a time but I just have my doubts it's going to work on offense this year unless Baron is really good. If not, D'Antoni's gone come May.

Douglas literally does nothing out there. Yet I am still holding out hope he can be a factor for this team.

And like people have said, there were barely any easy baskets on the offensive end. There was no fast break, driving to the rim, no cutting to the rim.

Oh well, 1-1.

Amar'e had the best night out of our starters. Even though he didn't shoot well, he played good man defense, rebounded well and attacked pretty decent.

His biggest problem was getting the ball too far out, then having his guards turn around and run away, so it's force or die basketball. I mean...when you throw it to Amar'e when he's in the corner with 3 defenders on him...don't see a problem, then clear out...what do you expect? Plus, did they even try to run him in the pick and roll?
30t6p3b.gif
And he didn't get much help on the block with bad dribble penetration, kickout 3s where the shooter gives it back to him with 4 seconds left and Tyson in foul trouble/Jorts playing like a 13th man.

We should've gave Jerome more of a shot.

Whatever, look at the NBA. Most of these teams are playing like preseason, even the ones with very little roster change. If this happens in 3 weeks...then I'll feel some type of way.

I was out so I didn't catch the game, but you don't get your $@!* pushed in by the Warriors, especially without Steph Curry. Disgusting.

And regardless of when it is, Pringles watched the Warriors go what?...25-6 run?... and didn't make 1 adjustment?

That's hard to do.

Melo wore too much gears.

Headband, 2 shooting sleeves, 4 bracelets, under armour pant, 2 legs sleeve

1 point in the 4th quarter

I don't even know man...I wouldn't sweat it if I felt that this type of performance was just an effect of a new roster trying to work through a shortened pre-season...but I think its more than that.

There are some glaring problems with our lineup and the same offensive problems that have been present since D'antoni has been our coach.

Our offense is so basic and swaggerless, thats why we keep falling into perimeter ball and bad jump shooting. Amar'e should be coming off all types of free thrown line and down screens and wreaking havoc. Thats how you open up the floor, not by turning him into a jump shooter.

Everything on this team is isolation and top of the arch pick and roll.

Toney Douglas is quickly becoming my least favorite Knick of all time. I really want to see him gone ASAP.

Only 2 games into the season, so there is no need to panic but we gotta shake things a little or we are in for a long-short season.

Let's not turn into "The Sky is falling!!!" Knicks' fans of the past 2 games into the season...Yes, this was a terrible performance by this team..But let's be real for a second..All excuses aside, the majority of the dudes that played tonight have barely had any time with Melo/STAT..It was Bibby's first regular season game, Harrelson's first game EVER, TD's 2nd game as the official starting PG, Tyson's 2nd regular season game with the Knicks, Novak's first game, and Melo n Tyson got into foul trouble that had them on the bench at critical times..I hate TD as much as anyone, but I'm not gonna crucify the guy after his 2nd game as a starter.

Amar'e needs to stop playing foul line extended..He needs to play in the paint and do some work..Seems like D'Antoni is playing him extra soft to preserve his body for the long season, but that's pathetic a few days into the season. The few times Amar'e took it to the hoop, he either got fouled or scored. His best play of the night was when he crossed over to the baseline and dunked it to get the and-1 call..That's how STAT should be..Not that catch n shoot garbage

We got pretty lucky that the Celtics are 0-3..I'm hoping for a W tomorrow night, but even with a loss, the Knicks would be 1-2 and the Celtics would be either 0-4 or 1-3..I'm actually confident for the Lakers' game though..Their lone win is against the Utah Jazz, which is a pretty bad team..Plus, with Kobe, they run as much isolation plays as the Knicks..It's really all about who wants it more..Knicks better have a good game plan for Kobe though, bc if not, dude will come out and drop 50 on our heads

We'll get y'all back on track tomorrow night.
laugh.gif

crappy starting PG vs. crappy starting PG

Chandler is underwhelming? Gasol is soft.

a coach the fans ain't happy with vs. a coach the fans ain't happy with

Leggo!

laugh.gif
@ Ska...Absolutely right..You also forgot star player (Kobe) carrying a weak supporting cast vs a star player (Carmelo), also with a weak supporting cast

Like I said though, Knicks better have a good plan because Kobe always goes for the kill against the Knicks..His jumper has looked fresh so far so if Landry plays that baby soft defense on Kobe, he's gonna get crapped on all night.

X factor in this game is STAT because Gasol won't have his usual 20 point night if Tyson decides to play solid defense..Melo n Kobe basically cancel each other out offensively..TD and D Fisher are equally slow and like to chuck jumpers at the worst times..And both teams have an inexperienced player in their starting 5 (Landry for NY and McRoberts for LA) So unless STAT takes advantage of his mismatch, the Knicks are gonna have another excruciating offensive performance like they did against the Warriors.

the real matchup to look out for is Steve Blake vs. Mike Bibby
eek.gif

the good thing is, the Lakers don't have the speed at the perimeter the Warriors did, so they'll play our game. I'll take STAT and Ty over Pau and McBob but World Peace vs. Melo > Landry vs. Mamba. It should be a better game though, if only for Tyson playing more minutes and Balkman playing less.

srs tho...how is Balkman the one who comes in when Tyson's in foul trouble?

Back
Top Bottom