laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

roll.gif
Los needs to have a talk with Marc Berman about still writing about Marbury 
Linsanity sharing stage with Marbury Madness in China

BEIJING — While Jeremy Lin has become an NBA sensation, Knicks reject Stephon Marbury has been tearing it up on the other side of the world, dominating the Chinese league and developing his own cult following.

Linsanity is competing with Marbury Madness in China after the Brooklyn native led the Beijing Ducks into the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) championship semifinals in style.

Sunday, Beijing beat Zhejiang 105-91 to win the best-of-5 quarterfinal 3-0, propelled by a 14-point third quarter from Marbury, including a thunderous dunk, drives to the rim and a pair of 3-pointers.

For some, the heroics have even eclipsed those of Lin, a fellow point guard who has captivated audiences in China and his parents’ homeland Taiwan with his fairytale emergence from bit player to superstar with the Knicks.

“I’ve been watching what [Jeremy] Lin Shuhao is doing in the NBA, but Marbury is my hero,â€

Funny I was sitting here yesterday looking at my Knicks desktop background and thinking to myself I need an updated version cause this one with Toney Douglas on it ain't it
30t6p3b.gif

Right on time
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Funny I was sitting here yesterday looking at my Knicks desktop background and thinking to myself I need an updated version cause this one with Toney Douglas on it ain't it
30t6p3b.gif

Right on time
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Exactly.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

roll.gif
Los needs to have a talk with Marc Berman about still writing about Marbury 
Linsanity sharing stage with Marbury Madness in China

BEIJING — While Jeremy Lin has become an NBA sensation, Knicks reject Stephon Marbury has been tearing it up on the other side of the world, dominating the Chinese league and developing his own cult following.

Linsanity is competing with Marbury Madness in China after the Brooklyn native led the Beijing Ducks into the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) championship semifinals in style.

Sunday, Beijing beat Zhejiang 105-91 to win the best-of-5 quarterfinal 3-0, propelled by a 14-point third quarter from Marbury, including a thunderous dunk, drives to the rim and a pair of 3-pointers.

For some, the heroics have even eclipsed those of Lin, a fellow point guard who has captivated audiences in China and his parents’ homeland Taiwan with his fairytale emergence from bit player to superstar with the Knicks.

“I’ve been watching what [Jeremy] Lin Shuhao is doing in the NBA, but Marbury is my hero,

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Life in the Fast Lane[/h1]
[h2][/h2]
Is Jeremy Lin the new talent code for the NBA?

by Kurt Brungardt

The basketball world is wondering… Is Jeremy Lin for real? Now, another piece of the Lin puzzle has emerged.

Lin’s pre-Draft speed numbers have surfaced, giving fans new information and suggesting a new talent code for NBA success. The equation goes like this: Four years of college + a high BAM score for speed = JEREMY LIN.
jeremy_lin_kyrie_irving.jpg

Basic Athletic Measurement (BAM) is the company that administers athletic tests for the NBA Draft Combine. The Combine is an annual event where the top NBA Draft prospects (only an elite group of about 60 get invited every year) are tested for speed, strength, agility and jumping ability. BAM prides itself on being the gold standard for athletic testing, using the latest computer technology and electronic timing equipment to achieve consistent results.

Pro teams analyze these test numbers in every conceivable way to increase their odds of drafting an impact player. Lin did not get an NBA Draft Combine invite, but he did have a BAM score. Lin’s numbers for speed were released on the BAM blog today.

Lin was tested in another, less known combine—the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (PIT). Although it’s under the radar, the Portsmouth Invitational, now in its 60th year, is actually the original Combine. Eligibility is simple: You have to be a college senior and have played college ball for four years. This automatically rules out many blue-chip recruits who leave after a year in college or go pro right out of high school.

But the basketball players at Portsmouth, with four years of college under their belt, have developed a more complete skill set (passing, shooting, handling the ball, seeing the court, finishing with both hands, playing team defense, etc.) that many former McDonald’s All Americans and 18-year-old European phenoms don’t have going into the pros. It’s hard to develop these basics in the heat of NBA competition, and it’s hard to master them in high school.

Jeremy Lin already has a Tony Parker teardrop. Parker didn’t come into the League with his trademark move. It took him several seasons to develop it. Lin developed his at Harvard. That’s one key factor in the Lin equation—four years of college ball. This is the known quantity in the equation.

But how about speed—the pure athleticism that blue chip recruits possess? Speed is a key attribute for a point guard. He has to be able to penetrate and break down the defense. So, how do Lin’s speed numbers compare with the top NBA point guards? The good news is we can compare apples to apples. Portsmouth does the same tests as the NBA Combine, and BAM administers the tests.

Brett Brungardt, BAM’s founder and former NBA strength and conditioning coach (Dallas Mavericks, 2000-2002), breaks down Lin’s speed numbers.

“Lin’s numbers are very impressive,

I was gonna comment on that end of the game but I figure the trolls who talk about Melo being bad for the team wouldn't even respond or show up or say Melo had that preplanned.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Life in the Fast Lane[/h1]
[h2][/h2]
Is Jeremy Lin the new talent code for the NBA?

by Kurt Brungardt

The basketball world is wondering… Is Jeremy Lin for real? Now, another piece of the Lin puzzle has emerged.

Lin’s pre-Draft speed numbers have surfaced, giving fans new information and suggesting a new talent code for NBA success. The equation goes like this: Four years of college + a high BAM score for speed = JEREMY LIN.
jeremy_lin_kyrie_irving.jpg

Basic Athletic Measurement (BAM) is the company that administers athletic tests for the NBA Draft Combine. The Combine is an annual event where the top NBA Draft prospects (only an elite group of about 60 get invited every year) are tested for speed, strength, agility and jumping ability. BAM prides itself on being the gold standard for athletic testing, using the latest computer technology and electronic timing equipment to achieve consistent results.

Pro teams analyze these test numbers in every conceivable way to increase their odds of drafting an impact player. Lin did not get an NBA Draft Combine invite, but he did have a BAM score. Lin’s numbers for speed were released on the BAM blog today.

Lin was tested in another, less known combine—the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (PIT). Although it’s under the radar, the Portsmouth Invitational, now in its 60th year, is actually the original Combine. Eligibility is simple: You have to be a college senior and have played college ball for four years. This automatically rules out many blue-chip recruits who leave after a year in college or go pro right out of high school.

But the basketball players at Portsmouth, with four years of college under their belt, have developed a more complete skill set (passing, shooting, handling the ball, seeing the court, finishing with both hands, playing team defense, etc.) that many former McDonald’s All Americans and 18-year-old European phenoms don’t have going into the pros. It’s hard to develop these basics in the heat of NBA competition, and it’s hard to master them in high school.

Jeremy Lin already has a Tony Parker teardrop. Parker didn’t come into the League with his trademark move. It took him several seasons to develop it. Lin developed his at Harvard. That’s one key factor in the Lin equation—four years of college ball. This is the known quantity in the equation.

But how about speed—the pure athleticism that blue chip recruits possess? Speed is a key attribute for a point guard. He has to be able to penetrate and break down the defense. So, how do Lin’s speed numbers compare with the top NBA point guards? The good news is we can compare apples to apples. Portsmouth does the same tests as the NBA Combine, and BAM administers the tests.

Brett Brungardt, BAM’s founder and former NBA strength and conditioning coach (Dallas Mavericks, 2000-2002), breaks down Lin’s speed numbers.

“Lin’s numbers are very impressive,

^ still think dantoni is a joke of a coach... this guy underachieves with the team he has... if it were any other good coach on this team and had more wins you can easily say well its the players not the coaches who wins the games ex. phil jackson but obviously dantoni is not that guy...ill tell you why hes a joke... he doesnt adjust his system... he has 1 system and sticks to it... if he doesnt have the right personnel the team wont work... instead of catering to the players strength he does the exact opposite... if melo were on any other team he wouldnt be considered an iso player or selfish player...and now that hes considered one he is now not aggressive enough and not used to his potential... lets be real any great player kobe, durant and wade those are all iso guys... they are not spot up shooters like ray allan but this is what dantoni wants you to be unless you play the pick and roll... and thats the only play he uses really...you look at other teams who have less talent than us but yet have a better record and it starts to make you wonder what the deal is... i know what the knicks potential is but it starts with getting a new coach... hopefully next year we make it happen

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

frown.gif
 your avy...i changed it first

roll.gif
anybody willing to photoshop something for me please?
nerd.gif

seriously who has good photoshop skills? let me know lol

Back
Top Bottom