let this thread die (NYK)

Smh...

I was watching highlight vids of Melo in Denver and Amare last year and watching like they were different people or like Melo and Amare are 15+ years deep in their career and they're old and washed.

Remember Amare had like 20+ straight games of 20+ points last year in addition to the 30 point rampage. Now the odds are he doesn't even score 20.

Both of them aren't at the right playing weight IMO.

Melo doesn't have the same lightning quickness and I know he was never a great leaper but his hops don't seem to be at the right level either.

Amare should have never bulked up since he's not even a banger. Seems like its been rough on his knees and who knows if they'll ever come back.

I mean, it's the regular season..even if D'Antoni is terrible...players win regular season games in spite of coaching in this league.

Originally Posted by abutta13

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by LovesIt

Bout time the crowd started chanting fire Dantoni
When does the Fire Melo chants begin as well?
Our two best players don't play a like of defense and just go through the motions. Team only plays intense full court press when those two are sitting, that speaks VOLUMES

I've been hearing fire the coach fire the coach since 2001 every single season, gets old. Stop gassing the names on the jerseys the roster is flawed, thank Dolan for that.

Knicks have not nor will they ever win as long as Dolan owns the team.
this roster is not flawed.  we have one of the best looking teams on paper and a coach who does not know how to utilize it.  a good coach can easily get lin to be smarter with the ball, get melo and amare to show more effort on defense.  melo and amare are the types of players that need a tough, hard nosed coach to get the most out of them.  what they dont need is the type of coach who is going to make it as easy for them as possible and that is exactly what dantoni is.  he should just do whats right and quit for the sake of this team since dolan wont can him already.

No coach is going to make melo/stat better defenders.  You bring up these guys needing a tough/hard nosed coach to get the most out of them, well (in Melo's case) what was George Karl in Denver?  Melo is close to being a 10 year vet, and Amare already is.  You can't change a Zebra's stripes.  If Melo/STAT don't make that change themselves, it will be more of the same...which I'm sure it will be.  Doesn't matter if it's Phil Jackson or Red Auerbach coaching these guys, change has to happen within. 

amare for javale jacgee
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Our two best players don't play a like of defense and just go through the motions. Team only plays intense full court press when those two are sitting, that speaks VOLUMES

I've been hearing fire the coach fire the coach since 2001 every single season, gets old. Stop gassing the names on the jerseys the roster is flawed, thank Dolan for that.

this roster is not flawed.  we have one of the best looking teams on paper and a coach who does not know how to utilize it.  a good coach can easily get lin to be smarter with the ball, get melo and amare to show more effort on defense.  melo and amare are the types of players that need a tough, hard nosed coach to get the most out of them.  what they dont need is the type of coach who is going to make it as easy for them as possible and that is exactly what dantoni is.  he should just do whats right and quit for the sake of this team since dolan wont can him already.

No coach is going to make melo/stat better defenders.  You bring up these guys needing a tough/hard nosed coach to get the most out of them, well (in Melo's case) what was George Karl in Denver?  Melo is close to being a 10 year vet, and Amare already is.  You can't change a Zebra's stripes.  If Melo/STAT don't make that change themselves, it will be more of the same...which I'm sure it will be.  Doesn't matter if it's Phil Jackson or Red Auerbach coaching these guys, change has to happen within. 
a good coach makes that change from within come much easier.  if melo and amare have someone yelling at them and holding them accountable then they will have no choice but to put forth a better effort.  if they still do not respond after being called out time after time then we can start calling for their heads.  i know this is just a losing streak but watching a team with this much talent continually make the same mistakes over and over again is quite depressing and i believe that falls on the coach.  i also would not consider george karl a tough/ hard nosed coach.

Melo & STAT deserve a lot the blame but Lin deserves more blame than people is giving him.

He is basically turning into a chucker. His turnovers are not even good defensive plays. Most of them are head scratchers that lead to points for the other team. That move where he gets in the paint and spins around looking around is a sad sight to see. No point in talking his defense

With that said he needs to run with 2nd unit he plays way better with them. He can have do what he wants and play with the guys he was playing with when the Knicks had that streak

Shump is getting done dirty

George Karl is not a hard nosed coach. He may be an a-hole at times but he's not up there with Pop, Larry, Doc, what Thibs appears to be in his young coaching career, etc.

Of course the change will start with them but with a real coach in their ear every game and practice they'll figure it out or won't play. I know for sure if Phil comes in and they still give this lackluster effort he'll ask for them to be traded, he'll publicly criticize them when he sees fit, he'll do w/e it takes to get the needed results.

Why on Earth would Phil come into this situation? Seriously? As folks were saying on Twitter, Nate McMillan makes more sense (assuming he's fired) or even Scott Skiles. You honestly think Phil would clamor at the opportunity to coach Melo/STAT? He's coached 4 of the GREATEST players in NBA history....I have a feeling he's content with his legacy and doing whatever he's doing in Idaho.

i too highly doubt phil is coming here. if thats what a lot of u are banking on prepare to be disappointed.

You don't have a clue about what your talking about. A coach who teaches DEFENSE changes the entire mindset of the players. Look a Bosh. Bosh was getting hurt out in Canada. Now he is SOMEWHAT of a way better defender than he has ever been.  Bring in a defense minded coach and it will change things. Melo and Amare and even JR are natural born scorers. Its all they have ever been. However if they get a coach who can show them that defense is just as important as offense, you will see their talents maxed.

Originally Posted by Lubu1

You don't have a clue about what your talking about. A coach who teaches DEFENSE changes the entire mindset of the players. Look a Bosh. Bosh was getting hurt out in Canada. Now he is SOMEWHAT of a way better defender than he has ever been.  Bring in a defense minded coach and it will change things. Melo and Amare and even JR are natural born scorers. Its all they have ever been. However if they get a coach who can show them that defense is just as important as offense, you will see their talents maxed.
If Melo and STAT don't buy in, nothing is going to matter.  That's what the problem is.  Again, if THEY don't choose to become better defensive players, nothing will improve.  The overall makeup of the team won't allow that.  Look at you.  "If they get a coach who can show them that defense is just as important as offense."  Cmon son.  These are 10 YEAR VETS. 
laugh.gif
  It's not Jeremy Lin who is essentially a rookie...these are veteran players.  If they haven't shown the effort to at least try to be capable defenders at this point in their careers, do you honestly think they'll do so going forward?

Knicks are in a real tough spot.   I'm not sure what type of HOF coach you expect to come in here and get things right.  Like dudes were saying....McMillian or Skiles might be good bets. 

You bring up Bosh, but neglect to mention that he plays in a starting unit that boasts three GREAT defenders in Lebron/Wade/Anthony. 

Originally Posted by Lubu1

If Melo and STAT don't buy in, nothing is going to matter.  That's what the problem is.  Again, if THEY don't choose to become better defensive players, nothing will improve.  The overall makeup of the team won't allow that.  Look at you.  "If they get a coach who can show them that defense is just as important as offense."  Cmon son.  These are 10 YEAR VETS. 
laugh.gif
  It's not Jeremy Lin who is essentially a rookie...these are veteran players.  If they haven't shown the effort to at least try to be capable defenders at this point in their careers, do you honestly think they'll do so going forward?

Knicks are in a real tough spot.   I'm not sure what type of HOF coach you expect to come in here and get things right.  Like dudes were saying....McMillian or Skiles might be good bets. 

You bring up Bosh, but neglect to mention that he plays in a starting unit that boasts three GREAT defenders in Lebron/Wade/Anthony. 

chalmers aint bad either.... melo and stat have been in the league long enough to know what it takes to win, and they still chose not to work on defense...

I said this last year, and will probably retract it if/when we ever go on a run and get back to .500, but I don't even want to see this team make the playoffs at this point because I feel like its the only thing that will get Pringles fired.

If we make it as the 8th seed and I hear things like 'it was a shortened season' , 'linsanity' or any other excuse to keep this coach here I'm done with this franchise.

Yeah our 2 'superstars' play zero defense but I'm telling you this coach is beyond terrible. How many times are we gonna get opposing fans coming in here posting "so do ya'll have actual plays that you call?" The %+@% is embarrassing. Forget Phil, I think even Patrick Ewing wouldn't wanna coach these 'superstars' and he's feening to be a head coach.

#FIREDANTONI

I'm out of this thread till we get a couple w's this !+%$+ no good for my health

Of course we were. People wanted Pringles fired after he didn't get LeBron.

Only thing I didn't like was the in season firing talk especially after the trade. Dudes were talking reckless about hiring Mark Jackson
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Of course we were. People wanted Pringles fired after he didn't get LeBron.

Only thing I didn't like was the in season firing talk especially after the trade. Dudes were talking reckless about hiring Mark Jackson
sick.gif

A lot of people wanted D'Antoni out right after we hired him.
laugh.gif

At the end of the day....

This all falls on Pringles and real fans know it.

We're still playing wild guard ball with no guards. Its not effective with our personnel and it causing them to lose their passion for the game and playing with each other.

D'antoni needs to go, Amar'e needs to get healthy (unless hes totally damaged goods) and we need a healthy starting PG (Lin is a backup at this point in his development IMO)

We are just prolonging the torture until these things happen. D'antoni will never win an NBA championship so lets part ways now. We already have a basically a totally new roster, might as well get a new coach and call it a clean slate. It's too bad that we can't get rid of Dolan while we're at it.

If we still suck under a new coach, then the roster just has to get blown up...but getting rid of a lame duck coach would make more sense than continually revamping the roster to fit a losing system.

Any competent NBA coach would have us over .500 with this roster. We should be playing heavy inside out basketball instead of living on the perimeter.

We've been saying the same thing about D'antoni's boneheadness, crazy rotations, lack of emotion and defensive mindset for years...its never going to change. No matter who's on the team.

I'm happy with our roster besides the PG position (a backup PF/C would be a nice also)...its the coach that I have problems with.

Lol @ dudes now turning on Lin like he is the reason we are sucking...yea he is having horrible games and turning the ball over 20 times a game but this is really only his rookie season if you look at it. He is the best option right now and I feel much more comfortable having him start than Baron.
The real problem is  Melo and Amare are not playing like they should...or is it that we just ended up with the 2 worse superstars? On top of that, we got two superstars that just can't seem to fit well together.

Lin is essentially a rookie of course he isn't really ready for the role he's put in.  He's better suited as a backuo right now but certainly can be a starting PG in the future.
Bigger problems is Amar's is horrible now and his lift is gone and never coming back.  And Melo is a gump.  Bum #@% superstars for a bum #@% team.

Back
Top Bottom