let this thread die (NYK)

No roster can be great and five games under .500 at the same time in the NBA.
And no the roster is not a crutch for this coaching staff, it is more than suitable. But at the same time, the coaching staff is not a crutch for the roster, as they are more than suitable. 

i think the team takes part of the blame but more of it goes to the coaches... they are responsible for everything as far game plan, developing players, rotations and everything else... and this coaching staff straight up sucks... i guarantee you any other good coach with this roster would be a lot better... can you honestly say if phil or sloan coached this team they wouldn't be better? this team is really good but dantoni doesn't know how to use them... melo and amare can coexist but it just doesnt seem that way because we suck... i know its definitely the coaches because look at all the other teams in the nba who either overachieve or are just better than the knicks i can name a few instantly like the sixers, indy, denver, atlanta and memphis... these teams have good players but the talent is not the same as the knicks but they are a better team because our coach sucks

The team goes on big runs almost every game..Yeah, in the NBA most games will have times where one team goes on a run, regardless of how bad of a team they might be. But when this team goes on runs, they look unstoppable..Novak is draining 3s, Lin or Baron are making great passes, Landry or Tyson are catching lobs, etc. But then suddenly that run comes to an end and they miss easy shots or make bad passes..Their defense gets sloppy and they end up giving back all the points they gained when they went on their run. That's what makes me think the coaching staff is a big part of the problem.

Come on now..Melo was having one of his best quarters all year and he sat almost half of the 2nd quarter. Then D'Antoni says "Melo always rests in the 2nd quarter"...Que? What does that matter? If dude isn't looking tired and he's on fire against a good team, you keep him out there. That's not even a coaching decision..That's just common sense

sixers, indy, denver, atlanta and memphis... these teams have good players but the talent is not the same as the knicks

Those teams listed are also much younger and have been together for a few years.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by LovesIt

Why is Lin taking more shots than Melo and Amare?? Does he think he's Westbrook now?

This is what half our dumb fan base wants. Dudes wanna boo Melo but let Lin go 3-18. I like Lin. But how you gonna boo one of best scorers in the league but it's cool when a walk on comes in and consistently takes the most shots on the team while not even shooting a great percentage. But it's the coaches fault. Linsanity is wat saved his job in the first place so he is riding with that. We need a real coach like yesterday.
ding

Ding.

ok and? the celtics won the championship their first year together and miami went to the finals their first year also... the knicks lineup is not as good as those two teams but their lineup is better than the other teams i just listed so they definitely should be better than they are now and better than those teams

i was against making any moves at the deadline, but we gotta at least field some offers and test waters for melo, amare, fields, douglas, or JR smith.

If i'm NY i'm pushing HARD for Josh Smith. Amare and fields should be more than enough....

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Melo was having one of his best quarters all year and he sat almost half of the 2nd quarter. Then D'Antoni says "Melo always rests in the 2nd quarter"...Que? What does that matter? If dude isn't looking tired and he's on fire against a good team, you keep him out there. That's not even a coaching decision..That's just common sense
This is something dude absolutely lacks. One of your main players making bone head decisions is bad enough, but your coach? That %*#* makes no type of sense what so ever. Dude literally can have a thread dedicated to dumb moments like this word to Javale. The crazy %*#* is he always brushes it off, with no type of decent explanation, just basically a "oh well" so to say. 

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i was against making any moves at the deadline, but we gotta at least field some offers and test waters for melo, amare, fields, douglas, or JR smith.

If i'm NY i'm pushing HARD for Josh Smith. Amare and fields should be more than enough....

Really? Don't get me wrong dude has crazy talent, but that's a odd person to add to a team with these kind of troubles. 

Going to stop taking the effort and time out of my day to watch Knick games for a bit. It's sad.
How on earth do we rebound from this when we have the hardest schedule left in the NBA?

I honestly don't think the team should make trades..Don't get me wrong..I wouldn't be upset if we could move a player or 2 for someone that fits in better with the other guys on this team..But can we just rock with the same roster for 12 months for once? Look at the teams having success right now..They have numerous players that have been there for awhile and that's why they're playing so well..It's chemistry. It's camaraderie. It's being comfortable. That's something nobody seems to have when they get to NYC.

Every time a player has a rough stretch, all you hear is "Yo, let's get this bum %$+ dude out of here!!"..This spreads through twitter directly to the players, through the media since they like to hype things up, and at MSG since players boo when a player is playing poorly. Look at the 76ers..When that team was struggling, a lot of Sixers fans wanted Iggy gone. But the franchise was loyal and kept him..Now the team has meshed. Danny Granger has been struggling for awhile in Indiana, but the Pacers let him rock and even tho he's still not playing like he once did, keeping the roster fairly similar allowed the team to finally thrive. Dudes like Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem didn't play great for the Heat last year, but management decided to keep them as part of the team and the Heat are rolling. Same goes for the Bulls.

But in NYC, when players get here they feel like "If I don't keep these fans happy, I'm outta here!" Then they go out trying to play hero ball so they can stay on the team and not get booed at home games. Our fans are %!#$!$ pathetic man...Monta Ellis got a huge contract from the Warriors and has nothing to show for it..Granted, his supporting cast isn't great but he has never been a leader or a "Top 10" type player. Yet I have never seen the Golden State fans get on this dude as much as NY fans get on Melo. Let the damn guy live. You think these players are going out on the court with confidence and being comfortable when they have fans that are literally WAITING for the moment to start booing? It's like fans go to the games and look at each other like "Yo, if Amar'e misses another shot, I swear I'm gonna boo him"

Have you ever played basketball and just kept over thinking every move you made? It's frustrating and it usually results in you playing like garbage. This is what these guys have to go through damn near every night when their "fans" treat them like they're the away team

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Monday night...cant wait.
I can.
30t6p3b.gif

I honestly don't think the team should make trades..Don't get me wrong..I wouldn't be upset if we could move a player or 2 for someone that fits in better with the other guys on this team..But can we just rock with the same roster for 12 months for once? Look at the teams having success right now..They have numerous players that have been there for awhile and that's why they're playing so well..It's chemistry. It's camaraderie. It's being comfortable. That's something nobody seems to have when they get to NYC.

Every time a player has a rough stretch, all you hear is "Yo, let's get this bum %$+ dude out of here!!"..This spreads through twitter directly to the players, through the media since they like to hype things up, and at MSG since players boo when a player is playing poorly. Look at the 76ers..When that team was struggling, a lot of Sixers fans wanted Iggy gone. But the franchise was loyal and kept him..Now the team has meshed. Danny Granger has been struggling for awhile in Indiana, but the Pacers let him rock and even tho he's still not playing like he once did, keeping the roster fairly similar allowed the team to finally thrive. Dudes like Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem didn't play great for the Heat last year, but management decided to keep them as part of the team and the Heat are rolling. Same goes for the Bulls.

But in NYC, when players get here they feel like "If I don't keep these fans happy, I'm outta here!" Then they go out trying to play hero ball so they can stay on the team and not get booed at home games. Our fans are %!#$!$ pathetic man...Monta Ellis got a huge contract from the Warriors and has nothing to show for it..Granted, his supporting cast isn't great but he has never been a leader or a "Top 10" type player. Yet I have never seen the Golden State fans get on this dude as much as NY fans get on Melo. Let the damn guy live. You think these players are going out on the court with confidence and being comfortable when they have fans that are literally WAITING for the moment to start booing? It's like fans go to the games and look at each other like "Yo, if Amar'e misses another shot, I swear I'm gonna boo him"

Have you ever played basketball and just kept over thinking every move you made? It's frustrating and it usually results in you playing like garbage. This is what these guys have to go through damn near every night when their "fans" treat them like they're the away team

This, I'm just looking forward to the summer practice everybody gets on the same page , get their stuff together. Before the melo trade and amare signed the team was together for a bit so when amare joined it was a lot smoother. Now we look nothing like then, short offseason additions trades, its not gnna happened overnight. I've decided to just wait it out and not sweat this season, if we end at .500 and make it in the playoffs ill be cool...now next year.......

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Who in their right mind is going to take Amare?  He's got an AWFUL contract and looks washed.  Melo is probably easier to move. 

Knicks fans are some of the most passionate in all of the NBA.  They EXPECT the best from their players and the team.  This is why they ride them the way they do.  Even when the Knicks are struggling, fans come out.  There is no fairweather with this fanbase like you'd see in other cities.  $+%@, all of New York is like this about their sports teams.  You should know this.  Knicks situation is 10x different than that of Golden State, Philly, and Indy.  There are HIGH expectations for the team.  With the pairing of Melo/STAT, you're kidding yourself if there weren't championshop aspirations.  At 10-22 (with melo starting this year), certain players AND coaches deserve to be boo'd.  I'm sorry, if you're underperforming, you don't deserve the benefit of sympathy.  Melo made his bed by forcing his way to New York.  If he didn't want or understand the pressure that would be on him from the jump, he would have been better served by demading a trade to the Kings.  I know you have "Captain Save a Knick" in your sig, but come on...you're speaking out of both sides of your mouth.  You say one thing in the NBA thread and say another in here.  Give me a break. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Question,

Were folks calling for D'Antoni's head last year (before the Melo trade)?

Saw this on Twitter:

The New York Knicks are 10-22 w/ Carmelo Anthony as a starter

dude there were plenty of people who wanted him fired 
laugh.gif

i keep hearing you say that a good coach wont get amare and melo to play defense... but then it makes me think to myself like "what is a coach's job"

i persona;y think motivation is part of the job. others disagree. i know clyde says its on the players but times have changed. 

seriously what the @@!! does dantoni do? he cares more about his precious system than winning. he's always 3 weeks late with a rotation change. It doesnt hurt to try to bring in a guy who is hard nosed and will yell at them. we need Torts in here! 

Back
Top Bottom