let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Proshares

But hey, it's all D'Antoni and A'mare at fault here. They haven't catered to Melo enough.

which problem is easier to solve?

Is the easiest solution always the best solution?  Is it the best solution in this case?  It just astounds me how little blame Melo gets in this debacle from Knick fans.  And I only see that on this site.

melo is lazy with a terrible attitude.But I see the talent at points.

I just think the coach is even worse. the roster 1-10 is pretty good. definitely not horrible to the point that we could miss the playoffs in a bad conference

there is plenty of blame to go around. melo isnt excluded. Amare and the coach are just bigger problems at the moment. they all suck and dont look like they give a %*$!

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

The New York Knicks are 10-22 w/ Carmelo Anthony as a starter

sick.gif

Nah but he's a superstar tho ...

melo is lazy with a terrible attitude.But I see the talent at points.

I just think the coach is even worse. the roster 1-10 is pretty good. definitely not horrible to the point that we could miss the playoffs in a bad conference

there is plenty of blame to go around. melo isnt excluded. Amare and the coach are just bigger problems at the moment. they all suck and dont look like they give a %*$!

And that's part of the problem.  People are waiting for a game similar to one like he had in the playoffs and waiting for the "I told you so" moment.  They're clinging on to the past Melo and not realizing that he's either not that good or that he's not even trying a lot of the time and needs to be in better shape.  I see Amare's talent at points too but that's not excusing him from being a pariah.

But hey, it's all D'Antoni and A'mare at fault here. They haven't catered to Melo enough.

which problem is easier to solve?

Is the easiest solution always the best solution?  Is it the best solution in this case?  It just astounds me how little blame Melo gets in this debacle from Knick fans.  And I only see that on this site.

He got booed during introductions yesterday. He isn't getting a free pass.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

The New York Knicks are 10-22 w/ Carmelo Anthony as a starter

sick.gif

Nah but he's a superstar tho ...
But he's a top scorer. An elite talent.

.............Let me get 2 points off my chest that have been bubbling for a little while now. I'm sure at least some of you will disagree but.......

1 - ENOUGH WITH THE MELO IS A GREAT PLAYER TALK. (I don't mean just from guys here on the board, I mean the media and these all damn announcers and NBA analysts). Great players make their team AND the players around them better. We expected Melo to do that when he came here but people who watch the games can tell he does not do that, period.

I was a guy that wanted Melo. I was also a guy that thought we gave up too much for him, but I did want him. But you watch, and you watch, and you see players play on a regular basis when they enter your market and sometimes you realize more of what they are not, than what they are.

Give the reasons about D'Antoni's system, and it's not suited to his skill set, and he had to be a point forward this year, and everything else that's been said....
He is, at times, a great scorer. He has not been that ALL the time since he got here, and he is not a great player. He is great scorer. There is a huge difference.

Are MANY New Yorkers quick to flip the script when things start going bad? Yup. But a full season now is enough of a sample size to make this observation. Yes he is a "clutch" player. That does mean he is a great one.

Heard this talk on the FAN last week. Francesa criticizes damn near everybody, but I still heard him spewing out the Melo is a great player talk. Studio guys on tv too. Enough. And it isn't just the fact he doesn't play defense. Dirk doesn't play defense but he sure is a great player.

2 - Enough with the practice time talk. Let's be real. I've never played in the NBA, or on the collegiate level, but I have played basketball before. I know there was a lockout, and it cut short practice time, and the new CBA restricts this and that, and there have been injuries and.............yea. I know.
Practice time is important but it's not so important that after a year we should still be needing more of it to be a cohesive unit and consistently play well together.

I'm not saying this team should be 35-9 and bulldozing the league. But Amare and Melo have been together for over a year now and we're still talking about they need time to gel?
How much time did Lin, Novak, Shump, Jeffries and them have to gel during our win streak? All guys who were brought in this season (save for Jeffries) and they managed to play well enough to win those games.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Y'all honestly should win tonight.

Rose will cook us alive. Hopefully after this loss mda is gone. We have to rebuild with defensive type players. At this point get rid of stat and melo and give me some future picks. I bet you we play as a team without both of them.

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Melo is a glorified glenn robinson

i remember saying that when he came into the league that at worst he is big dog. i would like to see melo more like paul pierce. might not have the shot but he can score in the post at will.knicks have a chance w depleted bulls roster, but they need to bring the energy

Melo is a joke. He was always over hyped I mean he can score but wat else does he bring to the table?

wow, people are actually waking up in this thread....about time.

...and no, we are not better than Indy, Sixers, etc....what good is talent and the names on their jerseys if their lazy and lack any effort?

If the Knicks players would bust their #!* for 48 minutes (mainly the started because the bench does what it can) they'd would be in a better position to win these games. Melo/Amare sit the effort and defensive intensity increases ten fold. You think Melo/Stat would be involved in any sort of full court press? Just the thought is making me crack up.....the full court presses only occur when those two sit.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by freezuh

Ya boy melo low key a.i 2.0

Atleast ai was elusive and could score at will. Melo these days is straight brick city
ai went to the nba finals with a mediocre 76ers team. they were the only one that beat a stacked lakers (swept the spurs, swept the kings, swept the trailblazers) in the 2001 post season. that says a lot about ai 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom