let this thread die (NYK)

On the bright side there are some badd looking females in South Beach. 
ohwell.gif

PLEASE END THIS WINLESS PLAYOFF DROUGHT
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

When Lin got injured, I said the end of this season will be identical to last and as much as I enjoyed the run under Mike Woodson its gonna be another gut wrenching sweep as I predicted
frown.gif
Wow. How many times have you seen a team look invincible in their first 2 home games & then get smacked when they have to play outside of their arena. MSG will be rocking, & role players tend to play better at home. So, we'll see. This series is NOT over though.

Seeing the Knicks struggle with all this talent really make me appreciate The Lebron era in Cleveland even more, he won some playoff games without any talent around him, while the Knicks can't even get a win, SMH, i was hoping you guys would pull a 1st round upset

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

Ron Artest played tonight... we'll get em at our home! This time we'll throw shoes at em!

wadeshoe_medium.gif

Wade just keeps doin' *!@+ every year to make me hate him.
Last year it was mocking Dirk's flu.

This year, its this crap.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Lol people really blaming Woodson on the fact amare is a bum.
lol people really giving Woodson a pass unlike when D'Antoni was here. There would be PAGES of hate if D'Antoni was still around, blaming him for bad rotations and not pulling Amare and letting JR stay out there, etc. 
I said it then and I'll say it again, D'Antoni obviously wasn't working and him going was the only option at the time. I'm not saying I wish he was still here.. but most people aren't being honest with themselves. Woodson is getting a pass because he's not D'Antoni. The same two games under D'Antoni and this thread would be at his throat. The team didn't play with effort the past two games and the offense was stagnant, two things D'Antoni got tons of blame for.. and I partially blame Woodson for that as well.

So why start Amare? Wasn't the team in an offensive groove with Melo at the 4?

Woodson did not adjust at all in Game 1 to the fronting Miami did to Melo and took him till tonight get Melo initiated earlier in the offense.

We're seeing what Hawks fans cautioned when he took over and post-season - just a bunch of iso. and He's not at fault for Amare's lack of effort, but why not utilize more in pick and rolls to get whatever value he has left?

Losses are not on him, far from it - but he also isn't above criticism.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

When Lin got injured, I said the end of this season will be identical to last and as much as I enjoyed the run under Mike Woodson its gonna be another gut wrenching sweep as I predicted
frown.gif
Wow. How many times have you seen a team look invincible in their first 2 home games & then get smacked when they have to play outside of their arena. MSG will be rocking, & role players tend to play better at home. So, we'll see. This series is NOT over though.

Please it's a wrap. We aren't even in the same class as the heat and it will be a sweep.

Good game from Miami. Officiating was fair enough. No complaints on that end (though there were still a few lol calls both ways). The biggest thing we're missing right now besides Amar'e's entire game is dribble penetration from our guards. I can count on one hand the amount of times anyone not named Melo was able to dribble to the rim. Baron took it in the paint about twice. The Heat are excellent perimeter defenders. Penetration would open some things up. We can't rely on dribble penetration from Melo. That's not his game. We really miss Lin in that regards. He was fearless going to the rim. Gonna be tough to pull out a win against Miami, especially at their place. Hopefully we can get at least one at home and put some pressure on them.

And I hope Landry knows that he's going to be in the D League next year. There's no place for him on this team and I doubt any other team will want him.

Please it's a wrap. We aren't even in the same class as the heat and it will be a sweep.

I like seeing how both teams perform on the road before I say that a series over.

QFT, we need to get rid of this old skeezer

This, amare's lack of effort on D is horrendous....inexcusable not rotating properly, not closing out on shooters, looking like a @@%%! in the paint smh man this team needs some heart wish we had Lin

Welp... I did think woodson didn't adjust to certain situations.
Novak IS a poor defender. But he could have been out there more.
Stoudemire and Melo REALLY need to learn to pick and roll more effectively and consistently.

People need to stop giving tyson or stoudemire the ball anything more than 12-15 ft from the basket.

We need steve nash.

Thats. it.
I'm not giving up hope yet. The heat did their job and maintained home court. Now we gotta do ours. Lets see how it shapes up. I just don't want a dunk fest in the garden.

And
30t6p3b.gif
@ dwade being allowed to throw his FORMER teammate's shoe... Even worse, someone he played with less than a year ago.

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire cut his hand after punching hard surface in lockeroom, sources tell @YahooSports.

Go figure.. Now he shows some emotion.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

And I hope Landry knows that he's going to be in the D League next year. There's no place for him on this team and I doubt any other team will want him.

Strangely enough, I could see Landry doing well in Miami or even Boston.

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

QFT, we need to get rid of this old skeezer

This, amare's lack of effort on D is horrendous....inexcusable not rotating properly, not closing out on shooters, looking like a @@%%! in the paint smh man this team needs some heart wish we had Lin
This, Amare rarely rolls back to his player leaving both guys on one person but the same can be said for the rest of the team too in certain situations. Sad to see what has come of Landry and Amare, half a season and they played amazing once Melo came no adjustment.

I laughed out loud when Landry took that 3 tonight. What the %%%% is he doing with his release? It was never this bad.

Back
Top Bottom